Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What are the best cinematic synths on IPad?

Looking for synths and instrument apps to create cinematic scores and dark melodies, any suggestions?

Comments

• Aparillo for sure!

• +1 for Aparillo … also
    Factory
    Continua
    DRC
    LayR

• Oh and Synthmaster, Nave, Animoog Z

• Aparillo and FRMS...

• Tera Pro also has fantastic patches for this kind of music :)

• Nlog Pro

• Lord of the Ring Modulators

• Synthscaper

• edited July 2022

Synth: Aparillo

Effect: Black Hole reverb

• Depending on what kind of score music you’re going for, Thermo would be good. Borderlands too. Great for weird, textural, and creepy stuff.

• Run anything through PaulXStretch

• Anything, depending on the FX you add. But I'll definitely +1 on Aparillo

• Add me to the folks who say Aparillo. Layr,Nave,FRMS and Tardigrain as well. Really can't go wrong with any of them.

• Quanta, FRMS (granular synthesis)
    Aparillo (FM)
    Factory and LayR

would be my two cents to this

• AddStation

• @NeuM said:
    AddStation

AddStation Zebra

• @McD said:

@NeuM said:
    AddStation

AddStation Zebra

👍

• I’ll add Sampletron to the convo. I just bought it today and with the new grunge tapes presets, it can sound very movie-like.

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    Run anything through PaulXStretch

My brother! 😎

For traditional orchestral samples, the KAPro IAPs in Module Pro are invaluable! For synths? Buttersynth beta is amazing (albeit still buggy, but we're slowly ironing out the bugs before any public release)! But for publicly-available synths, I think I need to by Aparillo and play with it! 😂 I also love Zeeon.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@iOSTRAKON said:

My brother! 😎

For traditional orchestral samples, the KAPro IAPs in Module Pro are invaluable! For synths? Buttersynth beta is amazing (albeit still buggy, but we're slowly ironing out the bugs before any public release)! But for publicly-available synths, I think I need to by Aparillo and play with it! 😂 I also love Zeeon.

I need to try more of the Module IAPs. Any others you’d recommend? Was gonna get the Mellotron one but I finally caved and bought Sampletron 😂

• @HotStrange said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@iOSTRAKON said:

My brother! 😎

I need to try more of the Module IAPs. Any others you’d recommend? Was gonna get the Mellotron one but I finally caved and bought Sampletron 😂

Off the top of my head, I'd definitely recommend the Triton pack for a hit of nostalgia. 😃 And the Mellotron one as a Plan B since you never know if IK will royally f*ck up Sampletron like they did Mixbox. 😅

• edited July 2022

LayR

• edited July 2022

Module Pro + Cinematic IAP?

• I don’t think it’s not only the synth, but also the effect that is used.

• I've never had a play with Aparillo prior to this thread but just downloaded the "free" version and man it does sound deep and lovely. What does the $38AUD IAP get you?

• @Cambler said:
    I've never had a play with Aparillo prior to this thread but just downloaded the "free" version and man it does sound deep and lovely. What does the $38AUD IAP get you?

The “free” version doesn’t allow to use it as AUv3 for one thing. That’s what i experienced this morning when i tried to open it in AUM.

• Has Aparillo ever been on sale? Loving the sound of it but at that price I think I'd look at the desktop version first.

• Aparillo +n.

Not just the best but also the furthest away, the most different, from the other usual suspects.