Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Midday (trying out the new FM Layers - Dreams preset in Module Pro)

The FM Layers - Dreams preset is in Module Pro's new Plucks & Mallets IAP.

And I used Animoog Z, TAL-U-NO-LX, and Continua to provide the pads that echo the bell-like sounds from Dreams.

It's titled Midday.

Comments

• I think the proper environment for this is in a dark room with the video projected on the ceiling :)

BTW small request from me: I think it would be better to start the music on your videos straight away without the title-card pause you ususally use. I know its just a second or so, but it throws me off each time.

• @JudasZimmerman said:
    BTW small request from me: I think it would be better to start the music on your videos straight away without the title-card pause you ususally use. I know its just a second or so, but it throws me off each time.

I hadn't thought about the cumulative effect of using both a pause and a fade-in at the beginning. I should use one or the other, but not both. Will drop the pause going forward. Thanks for the suggestion.

• I must admit to enjoying all your posts recently , they just work for me for some reason. Thanks for posting.

• @GeoTony, I think recording the improvisations to MIDI rather than directly to audio has been a big help recently.

It has given me a chance to tweak the sounds and even swap out the presets. What seemed good can become better, even though I'm not changing the notes.

• Sorry, I'm not familiar with this one... Is this the Korg Module Pro app? And their Orchestral Dreams expansion?

• @NeuM, the "FM- Layers - Dreams" preset is in the Plucks & Mallets expansion for Korg Module Pro. It's the bell-like sound that you hear in the video.

• @DavidEnglish said:
    @NeuM, the "FM- Layers - Dreams" preset is in the Plucks & Mallets expansion for Korg Module Pro. It's the bell-like sound that you hear in the video.

Got it. Thanks.

• Great video!
    The music is very atmospheric. Very relaxing and peaceful.
    I can get used to this.
    Thanks.
    Rene

• Thanks @ReneAsologuitar. Glad you like it.