Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Monster is Coming (Butter Synth cinematic sketch)

edited July 2022 in Creations

just quick cinematic sketch inspired by Stranger Things finale i watched yesterday :slight_smile: - only 4 instances of Butter (in NS2) , nothing else except of a bit of FabFilter L2 on master

Comments

• @dendy
    That was great
    I can’t get nothing out of this beta, can’t wait till it’s out and patches can be shared
    It’s not the app’s fault, it’s definitely me !
    Loved it

• @dendy said:
    just quick cinematic sketch inspired by Stranger Things finale i watched yesterday :slight_smile: - only 4 instances of Butter (in NS2) , nothing else except of a bit of FabFilter L2 on master

I watched a couple demos and thought... this one will need someone to make me some presets. 98% of the sounds in the demo were not working for me but I could see that the design is complex so fascinating sounds are in there waiting to be shared. I do hope sharing is in the works... especially in large batches.

How many presets will there be when it drops?

This track proves the value of the app... and "quick sketch" sometimes means quick for one person and days for someone else to reach the same finish line.

Excellent work @Dendy. The dev owes you big time for a timely demo to create more anticipation.

• @dendy : really nice job.

@McD : I’d say that ButterSynth is pretty straightforward. It has the potential for complex patches thanks to the modulation matrix, but overall quite straightforward with a straightforward user interface.

• With having watched Stranger Things finale myself yesterday, and the new Dr. Strange tonight, listening to your sketch was a great conclusion, especially that the listening experience was accompanied with late-late night fireworks in the distance.

• tjatja
    edited July 2022

I stopped watching Stranger Things after season 1.
    I hated what I saw about season 2, where it got a monster slash fest.

Did it change to the better, later?

I like the sounds you got out of the Synth, @dendy !

• edited July 2022

@tja said:

season 4 is absolute epic monster slash fest, like imagine police guy from 1st season - in russia prison killing demogorgon with sword, and before that his friend kills horde of them with flamethrower :-)) epic. love it :))

• tjatja
    edited July 2022

@dendy said:

@tja said:

season 4 is absolute epic monster slash fest, like imagine police guy from 1st season - in russia prison killing demogorgon with sword, and before that his friend kills horde of them with flamethrower :-)) epic. love it :))

Yes, I could like such things too - but the premise was different to me.
    It's just a change in direction that felt wrong for me.

I may try again later, with a different mind set.

Thanks, @dendy

EDIT: Imagine the Sixt Sense to suddenly change to a sword-and-shield against the daemons of hell scenario. Just to give a comparision 😅

• yes - somehow i expected from very beginning it will be battle with interdimmensional monsters - at the end it was advertised as tribute to 80's horror movies which was literally main topic back then .. so i'm super satisfied - more slash, better :-) .. in S04 is pretty interesting revealing which explans lot of things which happened s01,02,03 - very consistent, very logicall yet very surprising .. worth to switch mindset and rewatch, s04 finale battle is VERY epic :-)

• @dendy said:
    yes - somehow i expected from very beginning it will be battle with interdimmensional monsters - at the end it was advertised as tribute to 80's horror movies which was literally main topic back then .. so i'm super satisfied - more slash, better :-) .. in S04 is pretty interesting revealing which explans lot of things which happened s01,02,03 - very consistent, very logicall yet very surprising .. worth to switch mindset and rewatch, s04 finale battle is VERY epic :-)

okokokok 😅

• Good stuff @dendy Interesting looking synth!
    Are you off the hardware for a while?

• edited July 2022

@LeeB said:
    Good stuff @dendy Interesting looking synth!

a little bit but sometimes i'm starting to hear my Elektrons silently cry, they think for sure i abandoned, so probably will soon return back to them :-)))

• @dendy said:

@LeeB said:

a little bit but sometimes i'm starting to hear my Elektrons silently cry, they think for sure i abandoned, so probably will soon return back to them :-)))

Ha ha, yeah I thought I heard a little whimper from mine too as they haven’t been switched on for a couple of weeks

• @LeeB said:

@dendy said:

@LeeB said:

Ha ha, yeah I thought I heard a little whimper from mine too as they haven’t been switched on for a couple of weeks

we are bad humans, it's like having pet and forgetting to feed him 🤣

• Very interesting sounds.
    I love the combination at the 1minute mark.
    Great work.
    Rene

• @ReneAsologuitar said:
    Very interesting sounds.
    I love the combination at the 1minute mark.
    Great work.
    Rene

thanks;)

• @dendy said:

this sounds awesome. nice work!

• glad you like it, thank you ;)

• Cool! Sounds great.. isn’t this thing out yet?

• Does this respond to PC messages?

• Very nice sounds and L2 do the job perfectly too.

• Those sounds are really jumping out of even my iPad’s speakers, wow.

Buttersynth’s been a nice thing to look forward to all through the working week.

• edited April 2023

@Edward_Alexander said:
    Cool! Sounds great.. isn’t this thing out yet?

Tomorrow! Get your champagne chilled and ready… then (if you’re still on the fence) wait for the YouTube launch videos B)

• @ALB said:
    Does this respond to PC messages?

unfortunatelly for now no but looking forward to that cause i want to use ipad running BS as external synth controlled from my Digitakt , so.. going to check feature request list if it is there :-)

• Monstrous👍👍

• Great title, great piece. Love the way it builds over the initial growl/sweep, and definitely has that Stranger Things retro vibe.

• 😇 thanks