Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

USB Midi Doe Not Work in AUM with Yamaha KX61

Hi!

I'm not sure why. AUM does not want to start when my Yamaha KX61 is connected to AUM. I can use my keyboard, but with the midi 5 pins.

The cool thing about USB midi is that it also deliver power to the keyboard.

At first, I thought it was something related to the clock of the Yamaha but nop. I browser the option on the Yamaha to select "USB MIDI".

But only MIDI 5pins works. I don't know if it's a specific issues or a general issues, something that I'm missing.

Oh and, when my Yamaha KX61 is connected via USB on my iPad, 0 music starts, it's not just AUM.

Any idea why?

Comments

• Ah... Seems like a iOS problem:

Midi stopped working with iOS 15.4
    Is anyone else having any issues with midi programs not working via camera connection kits to their music workstations via usb connected to the keyboard? My Yamaha M08 worked perfectly until iOS 15.4. All of my midi apps freeze, then crash with this update.

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 8:04 PM

• It's a problem with Yamaha KX61 and MANY MANY others Yamaha keyboard :(

• edited July 2022

@Montreal_Music said:
    It's a problem with Yamaha KX61 and MANY MANY others Yamaha keyboard :(

This sounds very strange. Could you please post the link to the post you quoted above?

Order of connection sometimes affects the ability of iOS to see USB devices. Have you tried making the connection to the iPad last? And opening AUM only after connecting?

Does AUM see the KX61 in its MIDI routing matrix? If it does, can you route it to a MIDI monitor, to see what messages it is sending?

• Also, you could try loading the free MIDI Wrench app before connecting the keyboard. Connect the keyboard and see what it sends at startup. It might be sending some message related to its presumed computer DAW connection.

• @uncledave said:

@Montreal_Music said:
    It's a problem with Yamaha KX61 and MANY MANY others Yamaha keyboard :(

Could you please post the link to the post you quoted above?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253771323

• This is interesting. I suspect it may be related to built-in DAW support. Have you tried changing the Control Template to #30, Generic?

Also, have you tried turning the iPad off and back on (Power Off, not just Sleep)?