Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MultiTrack Recorder Plugin by 4Pockets.com

Comments

• Grand, thank you @wim. Much nicer now 😀

• edited October 2021

Yes, you can scroll the mixer out of sight in the reduced view but not the expanded view.

• Hope the developer update this app…

• @RajahP said:
    Hope the developer update this app…

To do what specifically?

• @wim said:

@RajahP said:

To do what specifically?

Be nice if you could see all 8 tracks full screen.

• edited October 2021

@wim said:

@RajahP said:

To do what specifically?

Sorry wrong app.. Multitrack Mixer it was…

• edited October 2021

No worries. The timeline is fixed. There is no doom.

• To anyone who knows: for arranging pre-made audio clips into song arrangement is either immediately superior between MultiTrack Recorder with AUM vs Cubasis3 ?

Primarily 1 - 4 bar loops to be placed, repeated and moderately chopped up on a timeline.

Thanks!

• edited November 2021

@Proppa said:
    To anyone who knows: for arranging pre-made audio clips into song arrangement is either immediately superior between MultiTrack Recorder with AUM vs Cubasis3 ?

Primarily 1 - 4 bar loops to be placed, repeated and moderately chopped up on a timeline.

Thanks!

I’d say Cubasis 3 would be much better for that purpose as it’s an actual linear/timeline based DAW.

Edit: I guess I was thinking AUM with MidiMixer…doh. You could do what you’re wanting to do with Multitrack Recorder but I’d still probably choose Cubasis 3 first.

• edited November 2021

@mtenk said:

@Proppa said:
    To anyone who knows: for arranging pre-made audio clips into song arrangement is either immediately superior between MultiTrack Recorder with AUM vs Cubasis3 ?

Thanks!

I’d say Cubasis 3 would be much better for that purpose as it’s an actual linear/timeline based DAW.

Edit: I guess I was thinking AUM with MidiMixer…doh. You could do what you’re wanting to do with Multitrack Recorder but I’d still probably choose Cubasis 3 first.

Cubasis, Zenbeats or Zentracker. Zentracker is audio only and has some upgrades that haven’t made it into Zenbeats yet.

• @Proppa said:

Either would be ok.

4Pockets Multi Track Recorder has a light footprint and doesn't use up much CPU, so if you are using an older iPad then that might be better.

Cubasis is more expensive (a lot more) but it also does MIDI.

Both are good apps.

• Very helpful replies // thanks to all.

• This is likely to be user-error, but I’m having a hard time traversing the timeline using MIDI commands in Remote mode.

Hitting the markers in MTR’s Remote UI moves the playhead, but doing so from either a MIDI keyboard, or the on-screen AUM keyboard does not. However, other MIDI commands do work — B2 will stop playback, and curiously, C3-B3 & C4-B4 will start playback from the current playhead; regardless of which of my five loops it is mapped to.

I’ve also mapped a second midi keyboard to the AUM controls for MTR (“Schedule Loop n”) — but these mappings also only start playback at wherever the playhead is currently located. (Incidentally, this custom mapping is actually my preferred solution as it aligns better with my hardware).

tl;dr

• Some MIDI commands do work.
    • Launching playback works via any of notes in the 3 & 5 ranges (4 does not)
    • Setting playhead location via Remote UI works
    • Setting playhead/playing back a specific, mapped out loop does not work.
  • @nobbykneeson said:
    This is likely to be user-error, but I’m having a hard time traversing the timeline using MIDI commands in Remote mode.

Hitting the markers in MTR’s Remote UI moves the playhead, but doing so from either a MIDI keyboard, or the on-screen AUM keyboard does not. However, other MIDI commands do work — B2 will stop playback, and curiously, C3-B3 & C4-B4 will start playback from the current playhead; regardless of which of my five loops it is mapped to.

I’ve also mapped a second midi keyboard to the AUM controls for MTR (“Schedule Loop n”) — but these mappings also only start playback at wherever the playhead is currently located. (Incidentally, this custom mapping is actually my preferred solution as it aligns better with my hardware).

tl;dr

• Some MIDI commands do work.
    • Launching playback works via any of notes in the 3 & 5 ranges (4 does not)
    • Setting playhead location via Remote UI works
    • Setting playhead/playing back a specific, mapped out loop does not work.

Are you sure you are sending the right midi note? The octave numbers might be different in the plugin and the host (there is no universal octave labeling in midi)

• are you sure

Nope. Possible I’m not. Using the AUM keyboard as shown in the YouTube video up the thread. I’ve also ran my MIDI signals through Drambo’s midi monitor to verify, and it did look correct, but who knows?

• Hi,
    Can this app actually record multi tracks at once inside AUM? I would like to record live performances with multiple instruments, while keeping a way to edit tracks later if needed ?
    Thanks

• edited July 2022

@fxdfxd said:
    Hi,
    Can this app actually record multi tracks at once inside AUM? I would like to record live performances with multiple instruments, while keeping a way to edit tracks later if needed ?
    Thanks

It’s been a while since I dug in, but last I checked you could possibly get two tracks going at once but that’s it.

Edit: actually not even. You get three input busses, but you can only arm one track at a time for recording.

• @fxdfxd said:
    Hi,
    Thanks

Record directly into AUM and then import later if editing needed.

• @espiegel123 said:

@fxdfxd said:
    Hi,
    Thanks

That’s a really good point, just use it as an arranger. I feel dumb this never occurred to me! 😀

• @espiegel123 said:

@fxdfxd said:
    Hi,
    Thanks

To @espiegel123 or anyone else: How many tracks in AUM can you record at once? Ive used Apematrix for a long time where you can record the 3 stereo matrixes at once but have never bought AUM. For example- in AUM can you record like 8 stereo tracks into files at once? Thank you 🙏 I’ve read comments about how they get put into their own folders I think and that sounds convenient. ApeMatrix gets generic names in one big folder which is annoying.

• @maxwellhouser said:

@espiegel123 said:

@fxdfxd said:
    Hi,
    Thanks

To @espiegel123 or anyone else: How many tracks in AUM can you record at once? Ive used Apematrix for a long time where you can record the 3 stereo matrixes at once but have never bought AUM. For example- in AUM can you record like 8 stereo tracks into files at once? Thank you 🙏 I’ve read comments about how they get put into their own folders I think and that sounds convenient. ApeMatrix gets generic names in one big folder which is annoying.

I don’t think there is a limit other than the performance of your device. Same is true for Loopy Pro.

• Thanks 😊 think I will finally join the AUM crew 😂

• @espiegel123 said:

@fxdfxd said:
    Hi,
    Thanks

Thanks, i didn't know this was possible, I was only recording the stereo output mix, I'll investigate then :)

• @fxdfxd said:

@espiegel123 said:

@fxdfxd said:
    Hi,
    Thanks

Thanks, i didn't know this was possible, I was only recording the stereo output mix, I'll investigate then :)

Every lane can be record enabled.

• @fxdfxd said:
    Hi,
    Thanks

Came here looking for this exact feature.
    If this is ever introduced, then I'll buy.

• A certain Pro Looper will have multi-track AUv3 input soon. It also happens to have a timeline arranger as well.

• What’s everyone using this for? Just to record loops in AUM?

• @HotStrange said:
    What’s everyone using this for? Just to record loops in AUM?

I use it in NS2 to bounce individual tracks to audio when I’ve used certain 3rd party auv3 effects on that track that are a bit naughty and don’t adhere properly to sampling rate (ie I have to use it as a workaround for NS2s excellent “mixdown solo’d track between markers” feature).

• @HotStrange said:
    What’s everyone using this for? Just to record loops in AUM?

I used to use it to record mpe audio in aum. I now prefer to just use the free app midi tape recorder to record mpe midi - more flexible for me as I can send that same single piece of midi to various different mpe instruments. If I record it as a piece of mpe audio, that's it, there's nothing more to do after except add fx etc.

• The above also has the advantage of taking up next to zero space on my device compared to audio recordings