Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

News: MPC Key 61, Baby Audio Crystalline, Scaler 2 iPad, MPC 2.11 update & More!!

2»

Comments

• Using MPC & Scaler 2 iPad with No Cables!!! 🔥 🤯

• edited June 2022

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@auxmux said:
    It's annoying that those plugins can't be used as VSTs too. For that, they are quite expensive. MPC61 looks great and it's almost there as a perfect sampler keyboard but the plugins don't quite match what Maschine / NI has.

Do you mean maschine + (stand-alone) or maschine (regular controller) connected to a computer?

Both, really, but Maschine+ has Massive, FM8, etc.

• @auxmux said:
    It's annoying that those plugins can't be used as VSTs too. For that, they are quite expensive. MPC61 looks great and it's almost there as a perfect sampler keyboard but the plugins don't quite match what Maschine / NI has.

MPC software can be used as a vst so essentially you can use them as vst.

• @ipadbeatmaking thanks for posting this up. I have had scaler on pc for over a year and haven't ever really used it, but just copped it on iPad and it works so beautifully with the MPC Live 2 with the Bluetooth midi. Serious game changer.

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

@joegrant413 said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:
    And as predicted $1899 is the price

Too much! By a lot. Especially for folks like myself that haven't used the MPC to know how much I'd want that.

What would’ve been a better price in your opinion?

$1000 to $1200

• @CapnWillie said:

@hansjbs said:
    @CapnWillie if you watch the sonicstate video with Andy Mac around 23 minutes in they kinda mentioned this will be the only variation. Maybe demand might change their mind but I don’t see how they can make that layout smaller without removing some stuff.

Ahhh that actually makes cent$;). You copping?

I want to but not yet. I gotta make room 😂

• Was waiting to see if the MPC software midi import issue was resolved in this update to dive in.. but it seem like you must still jump thru hoops to import midi sequences.. not good for iPad users.. Guess Ableton has an upgrade here.. Probability is a must..

• @Lil_Stu07 said:
    @ipadbeatmaking thanks for posting this up. I have had scaler on pc for over a year and haven't ever really used it, but just copped it on iPad and it works so beautifully with the MPC Live 2 with the Bluetooth midi. Serious game changer.

Glad you found it useful! I’m loving this workflow and really preferring scaler on iOS > desktop due to its workflow agility

• @RajahP said:
    Was waiting to see if the MPC software midi import issue was resolved in this update to dive in.. but it seem like you must still jump thru hoops to import midi sequences.. not good for iPad users.. Guess Ableton has an upgrade here.. Probability is a must..

What’s the software midi import issue exactly?

• @auxmux said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@auxmux said:

Do you mean maschine + (stand-alone) or maschine (regular controller) connected to a computer?

Both, really, but Maschine+ has Massive, FM8, etc.

Gotcha. Personally, I highly prefer the Akai stand-alone stuff on offer over the maschine + stuff, but I agree in the desktop world nothing touches the NKS format and the easy workflow the Maschine/Ni has with plugins

• edited June 2022

Seems there are limitation to using ‘raw’ midi.. One must convert to MPC Patterns to have full functionality.. and the time/process in converting to MPC Patterns is a creativity killer..

Edit.. Plus, read somewhere that Ableton File export will be coming to Drambo…

• edited June 2022

Having some fun with these new synths on the MPC. I have 6 more days of demoing these before having to decide if I want them. This isn't going to be easy. Hahah.

One reason I love the MPC, is the ability to create new Sequences on the fly when you want to take the previous instruments to brand new places...really liking the vibe of this direction:

• I'm pumped about the Key 61. To me, it's like a modern day Fairlight.

• edited June 2022

Darn it. It's getting harder to ignore these new MPC synths. They sound amazing. Here's another little snippet:

I'll be growing out this playlist over the coming days before the demo runs out:

• edited June 2022

OK. I did it. I ordered one via Sweetwater yesterday. Expected mid-July. Never had an MPC, mind you.

I suppose it would replace the following:

• Keystep Pro
    • 88 key full-key digital piano
    • Behringer RD-9
    • Tascam DP24SD
    • Akai MPD-218

And could make the following unnecessary or only nice-to-have:

• UVI SonicPass
    • Macbook DAW
    • Behringer Model D
    • MicroFreak
    • OP-1

And make the following feeling jealous or neglected, maybe:

• iOS apps

We'll see. This is a leap of faith to be sure. Nothing get sold and the MPC Key 61 gets returned unless I'm quite sure it will do most of my music-making work and be a faithful and responsive hub for everything.

My biggest doubt is I'm not a BeatMaker 3 fan and don't know MPC. But I have an MPD-218 and love the finger drumming I've done, so I'll go through the MPC Beat tutorials to get familiar with the workflow.

Thx,
    Joe

• Another little snippet produced at lunch time today. Here I am using the MPC One to drive iPadOS synths.

After pushing OPX-4 a bit more over the last couple of days, I've decided not to buy it...

Sure it's giving me a nice FM synth to add to my Stand Alone experience, but it isn't bringing anything new to the game for me since I pair my MPC with my iPad 95% of the time...and really like putting it into Controller mode with my MacBook to take advantage of my desktop synths.

It was good to spend some time with the OPX-4...who knows...maybe if it goes on sale for $49.99, I'll get it then...but for now...it's on the back burner until that time.

• I met up with a friend at a our favorite music shop to try out the MPC Key 61. I tried it myself while waiting for him to arrive, then watched him give it a good workout. We also watched a store employee, who plays gospel organ in church, give it a workout as well. Both of those guys are monster players on keys.

My friend is looking for a secondary keyboard to sit on top of his Rhodes, so that when he plays with his band, he has a broader palette of sounds than just the Rhodes.

The users who will be happiest with this thing are peeps who have previous experience with MPCs and have always wanted an MPC with attached keyboards. My friend has previous experience with MPC devices. He knows the workflow, and has finger drumming skills.

We checked out the sounds of the OP4, Organ, and Fabric plugins. My friend was already familiar with the Hype and Tubesynth plugins because he had an MPC Live 2 for a while. We generally liked the sounds. MPC veterans like my friend should have no problem quickly editing synth presets to their liking.

We got the gospel organist to try out the MPC Key by figuring out how to show the virtual drawbars for the Organ plugin. It was interesting watching him work the virtual drawbars and jam out on the keys.

The consensus was that the feel of the keys is ok for using the MPC Keys 61 as your secondary keyboard. None of us were in love with the keys - they're a bit short, and the action did not feel that great. However, even the two monster players felt the imperfection of the keys were outweighed by the sounds and MPC features.

• FYI, got the MPC Key 61 this week. So far, so good.

I like having hardware buttons, and knowing that what I'm learning are things that will become intuitive and muscle memory after while.

The sounds are very good. As good as the UVI sounds from Sonic Pass? Don't think so. But I will Autosample a few.

Trying to KISS and focus on MPC, not the laptop or iOS, for awhile. But I couldn't resist the urge to play the iOS MIDI Guitar 2 via Bluetooth MIDI to the MPC, and it worked. But not the first time.

After the honeymoon, I'll start incorporating some iOS stuff. Again, my hopes are to simplify and integrate with one thing for audio and digital recording, playing, music production, and minimizing new learning curve for functionality.

• This is an interesting video regarding the MPC Key 61.