Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

PaulXStretch - Extreme Time Stretching

Comments

• @sonosaurus said:

Is everyone OK with having it just be an effect?

For me, yes.

• @sonosaurus said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@wim said:
    Wait a sec.
    I don't see it as an instrument plugin in AUM, only as an FX. Is that maybe the issue for you @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr ?

Yes, good catch. Muchas gracias!

It seems to have caught several people off guard that it is only an effect plugin. Obviously to use the input capturing feature it needs the input, but I guess when using file loading only it could be useful in an instrument slot. I kind of wish hosts would just let effects be insertable in any slot (and just provide silence on the input when in instrument slot) (hint hint @j_liljedahl !) . Providing both instrument and effect versions of the same plugin is a bit of a build configuration pain…

I’m just happy to have it.

• @sonosaurus said:

Fine here. I expect you'll get some people being confused, but can't imagine that will be a big deal.
    Even if AUM did get that dual position capability, there would still be all the other hosts that wouldn't be able to handle it either.

• Having it as an effect is working fine for me.

• @sonosaurus said:

@wim said:
    Wait a sec.
    I don't see it as an instrument plugin in AUM, only as an FX. Is that maybe the issue for you @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr ?

It seems to have caught several people off guard that it is only an effect plugin. Obviously to use the input capturing feature it needs the input, but I guess when using file loading only it could be useful in an instrument slot. I kind of wish hosts would just let effects be insertable in any slot (and just provide silence on the input when in instrument slot) (hint hint @j_liljedahl !) . Providing both instrument and effect versions of the same plugin is a bit of a build configuration pain…

All you need is duplicate the current audio component entry in your Info.plist and change the type.

• So any day now, then? ;)

• @sonosaurus said:

@wim said:
    Wait a sec.

I am, that way you can capture input, and if needed bus it to another channel.

• New beta update today, pretty awesome..

• Added live output recording feature
    • Added Binaural Beats feature (from original paulstretch)
    • Fixed an initialization bug
  • And the new Mac version has CLAP support already. Nice one @sonosaurus - even if it’s of limited use right now!

• @qryss said:
    And the new Mac version has CLAP support already. Nice one @sonosaurus - even if it’s of limited use right now!

https://sonosaurus.com/paulxstretch/
    https://github.com/essej/paulxstretch/releases/tag/v1.6.0

• @sonosaurus how possible would be to add a rate parameter, or a reverse button?

• @sharifkerbage said:
    @sonosaurus how possible would be to add a rate parameter, or a reverse button?

If you turn off the stretch feature a playback rate control appears and is used. If you still want stretching you would use the pitch control to adjust that separately…

Reverse is a good request…

• Reverse would be pretty great!

• Still a no-show then?

• @sonosaurus do you have a new app that’ll be ready soon? Figured I’d save some credits to buy your next app in appreciation for this one :)

• This time stretching is very intense. I cant get it to resemble the OG song at all haha, maybe im stretching too much ir is there and extra insane parameter u should lower? I love it and basically wanted to try a rap syrup slo mo track. Cheers, tips>Thanks

• @oceansinspace said:
    This time stretching is very intense. I cant get it to resemble the OG song at all haha, maybe im stretching too much ir is there and extra insane parameter u should lower? I love it and basically wanted to try a rap syrup slo mo track. Cheers, tips>Thanks

I think it’s designed for the extreme stretching, not for the purple drank vibe.

• I admire your perseverance @lasselu 😊

• I admire your perseverance @sonosaurus 😊

• Will try to get it out this week…

• @sonosaurus said:
    Will try to get it out this week…

Much love and appreciation! 🤩

• New beta update with relevant features to test before I can release it for real:

Changes for PaulXStretch 1.5.0 (111) (similar to 1.6.0 of desktop version)

• Added ability to browse internal files as well as external ones... so that especially with the AUv3 plugin version you can access/delete/share internal captures or recordings.
    • added share after render option for AUv3 plugin
  • Noooice!! Thank you @sonosaurus 🙌🏼

• @sonosaurus said:
    New beta update with relevant features to test before I can release it for real:

Changes for PaulXStretch 1.5.0 (111) (similar to 1.6.0 of desktop version)

• Added ability to browse internal files as well as external ones... so that especially with the AUv3 plugin version you can access/delete/share internal captures or recordings.
    • added share after render option for AUv3 plugin

Brilliant news re internal files...👍

• bumpity-bump:)
    ( its a very hot/important topic this app so...:)
    thnx.

• Hmm again...