Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beethoven’s Edibles / Album 53

9 tracks of improvised music inspired by the classics.

https://michaelalevy.bandcamp.com/album/beethoven-s-edibles

Comments

• Beautiful modern Beethoven!!!
    Love your melodies, and beat!
    This is simply lovely!!!
    You are an artist!
    Thanks for this Edibles recording.
    Rene

• Thank you, @ReneAsologuitar. I’m very glad you enjoyed it. Bought any apps lately? What do you do for reverb?

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thank you, @ReneAsologuitar. I’m very glad you enjoyed it. Bought any apps lately? What do you do for reverb?

Hi LinearLineman,
    I have not bought an app yet.
    I just came from a summer concert, my friend invited me to come with him and play a few tunes with his band.
    I had a grand time.
    It all started last week, when my friend's Mom was in her last moments, and he wanted me to fill in for him, in his band. For me, for him to ask me to fill for hime, and for me to learn 35+ songs to be able to play bass and acoustic guitar for his band - is a huge compliment, and I had to say YES!!!
    So, I did try to learn the songs they play, with him guiding me along the way.
    By the way his Mom passed away last night, and he was able to play for his band this weekend's as the funeral is not right away.
    He still wanted me to platy with them, and I played 7 songs with the band, and I was in heaven.
    For reverb, I am using my Yamaha MG10FX mixer, room reverb #6.
    Thanks again LL!!!
    Respectfully,
    Rene

• Firstly I have to admit (sacrilege I know) that Beethoven doesn’t do it for me… prefer music from 100+ years earlier or 100+ years later… just personal taste.
    But… as usual you manage to create pieces that transcend time with the use of modern influences and technology. Loved Allegretto For A Whippet (sorry for your loss) and Cosmology. All the best.

• @ReneAsologuitar there are a lot of free apps, too. Search YouTube or here for lists.
    Thanks @GeoTony, we’ll, they’re pretty far from Bertha, but a good hook to hang my musical hat on.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @ReneAsologuitar there are a lot of free apps, too.

Does he have an IOS device? That's not free.

I think he just wants to share his music and has a perfectly valid and effective workflow for that purpose.

Since he dos a lot of covers it exposes younger musicians to artists from the 70's they didn't know existed: Leon Russell, very early Genesis (post Peter Gabriel), etc.

Diversity keeps a community healthy and vibrant.

But IOS would be a good path towards multi-tracking, collaborations with artists here and
    new challenges.

• @McD, he said he has an iPhone.

• Wow dude!
    Beethoven?
    Not so much.
    Rachmaninoff... yeah!
    I'm hearing No. 2 with Anna Fedorova and the full orchestra.
    I can't believe this is improvised.
    This was meticulously composed, and beautifully executed.
    Quite brilliant!

• @LinearLineman said:
    @McD, he said he has an iPhone.

Sorry I missed that. Then he probably needs a CCK adapter to use his Audio Interface's
    USB channel and then DAW. Maybe the iPhone could get routed as an external FX unit so he
    could consider it for FX apps. His Yamaha Mixer has an FX option with studio quality FX.
    He hasn't asked a single question in this direction yet.

• Man, how do you do that? Improvise this stuff. That was rhetorical question since you have already provided advice on this. But jeez, how do you do that? Wow! Impressive. Ludwig Von has always spoken to me. In high school when everyone else was listening to The Beatles, I was listening to his symphonies. I am thrilled to know he inspires others as well. I myself have a take-off out there of the second movement of his 7th. Of course I spent a month on it. You can just play it. How do you do that? :)

• @Paulieworld, I'm curious, which track are you referring to? Rach is more romantic and my ancestry is Russian, so I can dig it. I like the emotionalism. Thank you for the strong affirmation, brother.

@boomer, let’s hear that 7th! As to the bottom line of how I do it… I, frankly, don't know. I can describe the working parts but it doesn’t account for musical “ideas” coalescing as they do. I was taught to value originality. That and playing for 65 years…. Maybe. Thanks for the praise. It always helps.

• Your first track, Beethoven's Edibles. I thought it had a feel very similar to something by Rachmaninoff. I was thinking of a performance of No. 2 with Anna Fedorova. If you improvised this, then you have taken it to an entirely new level. It sounds very well thought out and rehearsed.

• @LinearLineman. Wasn’t sure if I should hijack your thread or put it up as my own post. But here it is.

It’s almost a 10 minute journey through several genres so hang in there if you can. I always loved this movement and wanted more of that chord progression so I stole it. Presumptuous I know, but wtf.

• Love the arp at the start and the synth reed at 1:30 @boomer, and it picks up for me at 3:20. Thoughtfully done.

• @boomer said:
    Wasn’t sure if I should hijack your thread or put it up as my own post. But here it is.
    It’s almost a 10 minute journey through several genres so hang in there if you can. I always loved this movement and wanted more of that chord progression so I stole it. Presumptuous I know, but wtf.

Yes it deserved it's own post. Hardly presumptuous to use things that inspire you for your own ends.

• I've been revisiting these a few times now. Another good album for my bike rides. Lots of sources of inspiration coming through; some I can't quite place. October Cello goes back to Bach territory; the Brandenburgs. But what is that theme on the Titanic? it sounds so familiar. Many others as well; but you freely do that on all your improvs. Onward!

• edited July 2022

@Stochastically a Beethoven sonata, maybe. The 19th has a similar feel, but, after all, it is Beethoven and incomparable.

and thanks for the repeated listening. You do me honor!