Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo File Management

Could anyone give some advice on how to manage samples with Drambo?

I notice on iCloud Drive that Drambo has two folders - Projects and Samples. I upgraded my iCloud storage to 50GB and transferred my sample library across to the Sample folder. However, when I open Drambo and add a sampler module, when I click load I cannot navigate to this Sample folder. I can only see Drambo default samples, not my own library.

I can see there is an option to Import Folder, and I can import my sample library folder - but does this mean I am copying/duplicating all of the samples from my sample library folder in the Drambo folder?

If I import the folder, and then add more files to the original folder then they don't appear in the imported folder - so I suspect they are being copied.

Is there a way to access my iCloud Drive from Drambo? How are you guys managing samples on the iPad for use with Drambo?

Thanks

Comments

• I didn’t understand the iCloud Drive thing myself either so I’ve just been ignoring it all together and importing from within Drambo. It’s been working so far, no problems. It’s mostly koala samples, that export to a zip file. So I create a folder within Drambo and then import the zip into the folder and they all come out fine

• edited July 2022

I looked at the WebDAV route, which does let me transfer samples directly to the private Drambo folder (alongside its default samples) but this would mean they’re stored on my iPad and not in my iCloud storage, plus I would need to transfer all my files to both the iPad and iPhone. Am I missing something obvious?

• edited July 2022

@sdesign Have you enabled Drambo in your iCloud settings? Tap on your Apple ID at the top if Settings, then iCloud. By the way, I think that samples used in a project will be stored on the iPad, even if they come from iCloud.

Edit: On the menu where you see the Factory sample sets, you can Import samples from iCloud Drive, or actually anywhere Files can access.

• Yes it’s enabled, but that doesn’t give you access to the sample folder.

Yes I see you can import a folder, but does this duplicate them or just reference the folder. I don’t want duplicates of samples in different places on my iPad.

• @sdesign said:
    Yes it’s enabled, but that doesn’t give you access to the sample folder.

Yes I see you can import a folder, but does this duplicate them or just reference the folder. I don’t want duplicates of samples in different places on my iPad.

The iOS file system is more complicated than that. Duplicating files generally does not duplicate the data but creates a link to the data..if you delete the file from only one place, the data will still be accessible from the other. If you edit the file, a duplicate file with the edit is created and the link is severed.

See: https://wiki.audiob.us/doku.php?id=file_storage

• What is Drambo. Save with samples?

Maybe a drambo sampler?

• edited July 2022

@sigma79 said:
    What is Drambo. Save with samples?

Maybe a drambo sampler?

It’s an app

• @sdesign said:

@sigma79 said:

Maybe a drambo sampler?

It’s an app

The save with samples option in Drambo.

• @sigma79 said:

@sdesign said:

@sigma79 said:

Maybe a drambo sampler?

It’s an app

I think you’ve misunderstood my question

• @sdesign said:

@sigma79 said:

@sdesign said:

@sigma79 said:

Maybe a drambo sampler?

It’s an app

I think you’ve misunderstood my question

Sorry mate. Not sure about answer.

• edited July 2022

@sdesign said:
    I looked at the WebDAV route, which does let me transfer samples directly to the private Drambo folder (alongside its default samples) but this would mean they’re stored on my iPad and not in my iCloud storage, plus I would need to transfer all my files to both the iPad and iPhone. Am I missing something obvious?

WebDAV is all I need to manage my Drambo samples, wavetables, presets and projects and since they need to be in local storage to be used anyway, I don't mess with iCloud.
    I have WiFi at home and I see no point in using the much slower iCloud drive.
    iCloud has its advantages for syncing contacts and text documents though 😉