Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DRAMBO 2.0 is LIVE!!!

Comments

• He posted this one too before

• With formant stuff, Drambo is officially a 90s techno trance machine. You know what else has a great formant filter? TB Flowtones!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Just to add my appreciation for the formant addition. I was actually going to ask what apps out there might be good this, checked my updates and this appears. Nice 👍

• @AppJunky said:
    I’m I missing something? Why can’t I side chain an AUv3 instrument on Track 1 with an AUv3 instrument on Track 5?

Added the Compressor to the end of the chain on Track 1. Press Side Chain on the Compressor. Won’t allow me to pick Track 5? 🤔

Inputs in Drambo go left to right and down. A Feedback Send and Feedback Receive might work, if you don't mind a little delay. Or just try routing the end of Track 1 to Track 6, and add the compressor there.

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    Insta-update and insta-IAP!

If i could have hit that iap buy button while updating I would.

I have been waiting for this one.

• @AppJunky 😊
    You only need to make sure that both the input signal and the side chaining signal comes from modules left from or above the Compressor.
    This is true for any signal flow in Drambo, like @uncledave said.

• @AppJunky said:

@AppJunky said:

@rs2000 said:
    @AppJunky 😊
    You only need to make sure that both the input signal and the side chaining signal comes from modules left from or above the Compressor.
    This is true for any signal flow in Drambo, like @uncledave said.

Thank you both…I’m not near my kit right now but I think you’re just saying move current Track 1 (AVv3 + Compressor) after current Track 5 (AUv3 that is also the input signal). Connect current Track 5 to the Side Chain in the Compressor in the new Track 6 (old Track 1) and Track 6 should react to Track 5? 🤔🤞

Or, alternatively, just move current Track 5 before current Track 1 😬

Signal flow…before…got it (I think) 🙏

Or just put the compressor on a separate track below Tracks 1 and 5, and connect its input to the output of Track 1, with the sidechain from Track 5. As long as the signals flow downhill.

• @orchid said:
    New update just dropped with a fomants extension IAP. I bought it immediately in lieu of a tip jar.

An IAP involving formant filter and synth?! Shut up and my money @giku_beepstreet !!! :lol:

• edited June 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2022

Didnt sleep well because of IOS but feel iv reached Mozaic potential. I may need an ipad upgrade because im not exactly humble when it comes to app quantity.

Will this be hassle to setup in Drambo?

May have a solution if so.

Thanks.

• Hey Drambo jedis, what's the proper way of reporting bugs to the Dev?

• @Agatha_aga said:
    Hey Drambo jedis, what's the proper way of reporting bugs to the Dev?

Two ways:
    1. Post it here: https://forum.beepstreet.com/categories/known-issues
    2. Send E-mail to

• @sigma79 said:
    Didnt sleep well because of IOS but feel iv reached Mozaic potential. I may need an ipad upgrade because im not exactly humble when it comes to app quantity.

Thanks.

Could you please describe what you want to achieve?

• @rs2000 said:

@sigma79 said:

Thanks.

Could you please describe what you want to achieve?

Beatcutter in Drambo. With beatcutter. You can import samples. Then also have 4 channels of say synths driven by midi. On multi fx au sources. Shown in pic of aum.

If beatcutter isnt easy to setup in drambo.

I can route 3 outputs to aum. Where theres a beatcutter and multi fx beatcutter.s Obviously the samples used in beatcutter would be from aum and 3 midi and sound sources would be sent from Drambo. Id then just airdrop recordings from ipad to ipad. Where audio can be used within drambo project.

Other note. I were dismayed with polybud but as you have said. Drambo can make cool enough generative midi maybe.

So seems good. Apart from cpu of other synth projects iv made.

Should I just route beatcutter to aum?

• @rs2000 said:
    Two ways:
    1. Post it here: https://forum.beepstreet.com/categories/known-issues
    2. Send E-mail to

Thanks, will try to report some minor UI issues

• Starting thee setup ( Im sure )

Noticed theres just a ui ghosting when you switch apps or maybe even select some drambo functions.

• edited June 2022

Cool setup though. You dont need dual ipads. Drambo will sort stuff and beatsurfer will be Au. Will take a while sorting all midi controllers but then its all about making a proper track ( no excuse ) Notice how many drum instance on top ipad. Doubt id be able to use thermo, fundamental and mononoke with aum, additionally.

• A drambo question.

Got a volca drum. Audio to a drambo track. Mozaic patch storage for a volca drum editor.

Do I just send a midi out from a track to volca drums midi channel or is there a midi out setting, for hardware via drambo main settings/also.

When I add a midi out to the track that volca drum is on. Like an audio unit. With a midi out ( after ) audio unit. Kills audio.

Can I add a mozaic to drambo with a midi out so its not on a track. Like the main view. Or do I need to give up a drambo track for the mozaic midi out ( obviously with keeping another track for the volca audio )

• Some people wouldnt bother telling of setups. So I think im alright ( mate )

Drums though. 5 fac drum. Bass 808. Shaka. Slammer or ting. Fm. Beatsurfer for either breaks or drums. Volca drum sampling with mozaic storage. A word sampler and also dvs scratch deck sampler.

Other ipad. Synths. Send to drum Drambo or send some to aum to beatcutter and back to drambo.

Drambo automation.

Aum for mixing.

• edited July 2022

Can we load external audio as a track in Drambo?

Never mind. Found it under utilities. Gunna have some fun with this! Can’t delete my comment though!

• Anyone know how to access the preset browser for auv3s within Drambo? For example korg Electribe wave only allows preset browsing in the host, so in Drambo I’m stuck on the int preset and can’t change it.

• @gdtimes21 said:
    Anyone know how to access the preset browser for auv3s within Drambo? For example korg Electribe wave only allows preset browsing in the host, so in Drambo I’m stuck on the int preset and can’t change it.

Yes, please.. will like to get Troublemaker’s presets in Drambo also..

Thanks.

• edited July 2022

Anyone using the excellent Klevgrand seq project (patchstorage) as an AU inside Drambo standalone? Seems like I could need some help with the midi.

This project works out of the box when putting Drambo AU inside AUM, but I could not get it to work inside Drambo standalone. Tried putting a Drambo AU on the Main track and Ting on track 1, then fiddle with midi output settings for the track, but no luck. Also tried direct connection symbols (midi), still no sound. Not sure how this should be set up properly?

Another issue; when having the "steps for all tracks" activated in top right corner, is it not possible to get all 12 tracks visible at the same time? Seems like Drambo kept wanting to increase cell height instead, when trying to maximize the window.

• @bleep said:
    Anyone using the excellent Klevgrand seq project (patchstorage) as an AU inside Drambo standalone? Seems like I could need some help with the midi.

This project works out of the box when putting Drambo AU inside AUM, but I could not get it to work inside Drambo standalone. Tried putting a Drambo AU on the Main track and Ting on track 1, then fiddle with midi output settings for the track, but no luck. Also tried direct connection symbols (midi), still no sound. Not sure how this should be set up properly?

Another issue; when having the "steps for all tracks" activated in top right corner, is it not possible to get all 12 tracks visible at the same time? Seems like Drambo kept wanting to increase cell height instead, when trying to maximize the window.

Hi. This may be a case where the MIDI needs to come from outside Drambo. You would need to load an app like FreEWI or StreamByter stand-alone. Route the MIDI from Drambo to the virtual MIDI input port of the other app, and connect the Drambo track MIDI to the app's virtual MIDI output port.

• Oh. I knew about that trick for recording midi AUv3 into clips, but didn't consider it would apply here, too. You may be right.

The other option would be to make 12 layers, each having a Klevgrand seq for a particular note value, with a midi mixer + Ting at the end. But then you wouldn't get the nice steps overview for inserting your beats without having to resort to chord inputs etc.

• @gdtimes21 said:
    Anyone know how to access the preset browser for auv3s within Drambo? For example korg Electribe wave only allows preset browsing in the host, so in Drambo I’m stuck on the int preset and can’t change it.

I’d like this feature, too....also ran into it with Electribe Wave