Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Studiomux with loopy pro

Hello,

I have a struggle trying to make the following connection:

Ableton live on Mac
------>
Studiomux
------>
Loopy pro

My goal is to export some clips from ableton to loopy.
I really can't figure out how it's supposed to work.

Has someone had success with this setup?
It seems so complicated. Do I need to use audiobus?

Comments

• @jakobs said:
    Hello,

Ableton live on Mac
    ------>
    Studiomux
    ------>
    Loopy pro

If you are just exporting and not capturing a real-time performance, capturing the audio in live and airdropping may be easier.

Before dealing with the Mac side. Are you able to launch the Studiomux app and Loopy and load StudioMux as an IAA in Loopy?

Once that works, load an AU in studiomux and try to send the audio to loopy. Does that work?

Once that is working getting the Mac to studiomux can be worked on.

• I guess is much easier doing the IDAM thing between iPad/Mac than using Studiomux. IDAM is totally "direct" audio (which i understand well) v/s studiomux which is via Wi-Fi.

Try IDAM connecting the iPad via USB to the Mac directly :)

• @raimundoarriagada said:
    I guess is much easier doing the IDAM thing between iPad/Mac than using Studiomux. IDAM is totally "direct" audio (which i understand well) v/s studiomux which is via Wi-Fi.

He is sending audio from Mac to iPad. IDAM is only the other direction (iPad to Mac).

• @espiegel123 said:

@jakobs said:
    Hello,

Ableton live on Mac
    ------>
    Studiomux
    ------>
    Loopy pro

If you are just exporting and not capturing a real-time performance, capturing the audio in live and airdropping may be easier.

Before dealing with the Mac side. Are you able to launch the Studiomux app and Loopy and load StudioMux as an IAA in Loopy?

Once that works, load an AU in studiomux and try to send the audio to loopy. Does that work?

Once that is working getting the Mac to studiomux can be worked on.

Thanks a lot
    So I loaded IAA studiomux in loopy
    Opened studiomux and loaded an AU
    and here I stuck. In Studiomux in the output slot there are listed "IAA/Audiobus Out 1-8" but none can be chosen.

Thanks for also for the advice to airdrop audio clips from MacBook to iPad. I will check if it works good here.

• Darn . I don’t have a working studiomux. Did you launch loopy and studiomux before adding Studiomux as a source in loopy?

• @espiegel123 said:
    Darn . I don’t have a working studiomux. Did you launch loopy and studiomux before adding Studiomux as a source in loopy?

After launching loopy and studiomux before adding studiomux in loopy one thing changed. I've been able to select loopy as output inside studiomux. But that was the end of the story. No signal seems to be sent..

• @raimundoarriagada said:
    I guess is much easier doing the IDAM thing between iPad/Mac than using Studiomux. IDAM is totally "direct" audio (which i understand well) v/s studiomux which is via Wi-Fi.

Thanks for your advice. Interesting, I've never heard about IDAM. Seems to be great for "lossless" recording the iOS audio on Mac

• @jakobs said:

@espiegel123 said:
    Darn . I don’t have a working studiomux. Did you launch loopy and studiomux before adding Studiomux as a source in loopy?

After launching loopy and studiomux before adding studiomux in loopy one thing changed. I've been able to select loopy as output inside studiomux. But that was the end of the story. No signal seems to be sent..

Is background audio on in both?

Is the AU sending its output to the speakers if the output isn’t targeted at Loopy?

If you have AUM and/or Audiobus, try the same with both? I vaguely recall the App Store version of Studiomux having some issues in this regard that might have been solved in the beta that inexplicably was never released.