Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The One Minute(ish) Album

edited June 2022 in Creations

For those with a short attention span here is a 30 track SoundCloud album where all of tracks only last about a minute 🙂
All types of music so do dip in wherever you want…
Leads mainly played with GeoShred, a couple with Audanika and a couple are pure Piano Motifs.
There are a few Biomusic tracks where birds and weather phenomena play everything via A2M!
Backings mainly played by the …Bud apps, ZOA and Lumbeats.
All tracks are just one take, no edits and are hosted and recorded in AUM.
There’s even a three movement concerto (called Zyyzyva) for Soprano Saxophone and String Orchestra at the end all wrapped up in about three minutes… Pretentious? Moi?

Any comments good or bad gratefully received…

Comments

• I love this. I’m a big fan of the short and sweet tracks. I usually do a lot of that myself. Great job! About halfway through now :smile:

• Checking this tonight once I'm home. 🤩

• about half way though the album now and i'm extremely impressed. each track so far has been a perfect miniature,
    highlighting your range and skills in composition, playing and recording.

great stuff.

• A shameless bump 🙂 + thanks to all those that have listened and commented here and liked on SoundCloud.
    As I said in the OP jump in anywhere in the 30 tracks as they are all different and unrelated.
    Only exception is Zyyzyva which should be listened to in order I.e. Bits 1, 2 and 3 👌

• Worth bumping @GeoTony. I’ve listened to 5. Will get back to you when I’ve finished. A wonderful haiku like concept. Great work. 👍🙏😎

• @GeoTony said:
    For those with a short attention span here is a 30 track SoundCloud album where all of tracks only last about a minute 🙂
    All types of music so do dip in wherever you want…
    Leads mainly played with GeoShred, a couple with Audanika and a couple are pure Piano Motifs.
    There are a few Biomusic tracks where birds and weather phenomena play everything via A2M!
    Backings mainly played by the …Bud apps, ZOA and Lumbeats.
    All tracks are just one take, no edits and are hosted and recorded in AUM.
    There’s even a three movement concerto (called Zyyzyva) for Soprano Saxophone and String Orchestra at the end all wrapped up in about three minutes… Pretentious? Moi?

Any comments good or bad gratefully received…

Really liked “Don’t Go Outside…”. That one had a cinematic sense of dread that really worked for me. A lot of good pieces in this collection. 👍

I really recommend as an exercise all musicians try to tell a whole story within a 15 second, 30 second, 60 second time limit. As I mentioned in another thread, I’ve used this approach for years and it is a great way to force yourself to invent a solution and deliver something that is still memorable.

• What a great idea! You have so many beautiful melodic ideas, and of course they could all be developed into longer pieces, but this is great as it is. And I bet it was a whole load of fun to make. It might inspire me to attempt something similar, I really like the concept and perhaps being released from the “pressure” of developing a longer song.

• Up to 15 now. Liking 5,11,12 a lot.

• Up to 20 now. Very much liked 16,17 and 19. Thought 19 would make a great extended track. All good, though.

• Very nice album. Fascinating range of sound textures, moods, pace... My favorites are 7, 10, 15, 16 and of course 13 and 14 (but I’m biased on those 😊).

• Finally listened to the whole album. Man if you uploaded this to Bandcamp, I'd have purchased it. A great concept album, great variety of moods, arrangements, instruments, etc. :) @GeoTony you rock!

• edited July 2022

22, 29 and 30. And BandCamp is free. They take a small piece of sales.

• @GeoTony said:

'armonics is very nice!
    This song is another very peaceful and relaxing music.
    Congratulations on your album.
    The 1 minute songs is a good idea.
    Thanks Tony!!!
    Rene

• Thanks to everybody for listening! Interesting that there is almost no agreement when it comes to favourite tracks… just proves everybody is different 😊
    @NeuM , Don’t go outside… was one of the tracks where the sounds just sort of appeared and the title came to me instantly.
    Thanks @BillS , I was happy with some of the melodies. I think there is still pressure when doing a one minute track , just a different sort!
    No problem with you being biased @azul3D_Apps as you were responsible for a large part of the creation of 13 and 14.
    Thanks @jwmmakerofmusic , very nice of you to say. No real interest in the money side of things… guess I’m luck in that respect… comments like yours are far more important. Following your posts on ambient by the way, great to see the development 👍
    Thanks @ReneAsologuitar , ‘armonics was I think the first one I recorded. Just liked the sounds.
    Many thanks for the full listen and comments @LinearLineman . I agree about 19 (Power Ballad) , hope to make it a longer track at some stage. Glad you liked 30 (Zyyzyva 3rd Bit) , it was my favourite melody although I struggled with timing, always wanting to come in too early with sax as it was such a slow backing I think. What did you think of 28 (1st Bit) , perhaps a bit too obviously tricky for its own sake? It was the one I struggled with most.

• edited July 2022

This is so great! as usual, you send out ideas that seem perfect. From now on, one minute or so is the framing device I will want to use myself.