Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Shocking SweetWater sale Neova Ring midi controller $99! But Enhancia bankrupt and Out of stock

edited July 2022 in Other

Well, now I know why the ring is so steeply discounted! Roland bought/partnered with Enhancia in April 2022. This link tells the story and some good news for owners… it’s still for sale elsewhere at $350. The website for downloading the dashboard is currently down, however. I have an email into them. It’s sad, but it was way overpriced, IMO.

https://sites.google.com/view/enhancia-website/home

This is a $350 item, ordinarily. 4 motion-parameter control. iOS compatible. If you are interested, please ask for my sales rep, Nate Hutson at SweetWater.

Anyone here have experience with the ring?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/NeovaRing--roland-neova-ring-midi-controller

Here’s a thread I posted about it some time ago…

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/44203/neova-ring-can-be-used-with-swam-ios

Comments

• I am having this and it worked right out of the box, sending pitch bend, pitch "vibrato" and modulation to midi din or usb midi (Ipad sees the port).
    You need a computer for firmware update and to edit configuration.
    And you need to choose carefully the right ring size out of the box, because you can not change it afterwards.
    This is much better playable than a touch strip or screen. It's a dream on Akai Force for example.
    I paid 280€ and hope for a long living akku.

• That’s great @flo424. Have you used it with the SWAMs? That's my aim. If so, did you configure it on a desktop or did it work out of the box?

• Bumping this amazing deal.

• I read this 1st as Nuva Ring

• edited July 2022

@LinearLineman said:
    That’s great @flo424. Have you used it with the SWAMs? That's my aim. If so, did you configure it on a desktop or did it work out of the box?

I am wondering the same! I watched Bill Laurence from Snarky Puppy tinker with it and I’m now intrigued. It’s in my cart, ready for me to pull the trigger. It seems to offer more expression than Roli. I honestly feel this works out the box…

• It’s a good job they don’t ship to the U.K. as I might have birthday treated myself in a whisky haze later 😅

• @LinearLineman said:
    That’s great @flo424. Have you used it with the SWAMs? That's my aim. If so, did you configure it on a desktop or did it work out of the box?

I just have swam in Geoshred and there I felt no need for additional controller, but I know it’s doable in Geoshred.
    Keep in mind that you are sending pitchbend and modulation+ on one channel, this is not MPE on its own.

It worked right out of the box, but then I updated the firmware and changed the 4 presets to my comfort on Mac.

• @CapnWillie, yes, doable with an iPad. I just wrote @audiomodeling to see if any of the SWAM presets will work with it.

• edited July 2022

I just bought it, fingers crossed it will not be too frivolous a purchase. What I'll need to be able to do is to quickly turn it on / off when I do / don't want it to influence the sound. Hopefully, I can set up a simple footswitch to do this, thoughts?

• @puppychumful i believe you can turn it off from the hub.

• The Neova Ring is still on sale for a Benjamin. Got mine. Ultra beautiful packaging (a $350 item from France, after all). Will explore further!

• @LinearLineman said:
    The Neova Ring is still on sale for a Benjamin. Got mine. Ultra beautiful packaging (a $350 item from France, after all). Will explore further!

Wow, fast. I ordered Friday, it comes tomorrow.

• Just ordered this thanks for the heads up

• @CapnWillie , well, I haven’t been able to access the website to calibrate it yet. However, the product itself is beautifully crafted and packaged. It looks great on your finger. The folks who made it obviously cared a lot. As to it’s functionality I’ll have to let you know,

The whole bankruptcy thing is weird. What part fid Roland play? Why didn’t they lower the price? Why is SweetWater selling it for a Benjamin while it’s $350 on reverb? Lots of questions and few answers so far. Still, if I can get it to work I think I’ll like it, SweetWater has a thirty day return policy. Why not try it yourself, bro?

• Thanks so much for the heads up @LinearLineman

I would never have known about this. Just ordered one

• @Krupa said:
    It’s a good job they don’t ship to the U.K. as I might have birthday treated myself in a whisky haze later 😅

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384985520791?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=pqp47z6ktk6&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=7OwISTZER7O&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Don’t drink and eBay :)

• @CapnWillie said:

@LinearLineman said:
    @CapnWillie , well, I haven’t been able to access the website to calibrate it yet. However, the product itself is beautifully crafted and packaged. It looks great on your finger. The folks who made it obviously cared a lot. As to it’s functionality I’ll have to let you know,

The whole bankruptcy thing is weird. What part fid Roland play? Why didn’t they lower the price? Why is SweetWater selling it for a Benjamin while it’s $350 on reverb? Lots of questions and few answers so far. Still, if I can get it to work I think I’ll like it, SweetWater has a thirty day return policy. Why not try it yourself, bro?

Thanks for the update. I haven’t quite decided if I need to try it yet. It’s a compelling yet head scratching opportunity for sure. ATM, knee deep in a recently closed condo/reno project and paying for a wedding so in no rush to part with any additional cash.😩

@lukesleepwalker recommended I try Musikraken and it works great! Amazing piece of software. The reason I mentioned it, is that I can no perform modulations in much the same way as I could with the Neova Ring. It detects fingers and I can hold my hand in the camera view and spread my fingers and modulate parameters. I didn't think it would work all that well but it seems very precise! So I sent my ring back. Not suggesting you don't get it, but just to impart the information.

• I’m having difficulty downloading the software as the site they send you to is not up anymore. There is a link in the opening post, but google does not guarantee virus free download, tho it seems like it should be fine. I have an email into my rep at SweetWater about a correct link. Any of you having a similar experience? Or have a working link?

• @LinearLineman said:
    I’m having difficulty downloading the software as the site they send you to is not up anymore. There is a link in the opening post, but google does not guarantee virus free download, tho it seems like it should be fine. I have an email into my rep at SweetWater about a correct link. Any of you having a similar experience? Or have a working link?

I was able to download and install the software without any issues.

• @gkillmaster can you give me the link you used? Thanks!

• @LinearLineman said:
    @gkillmaster can you give me the link you used? Thanks!

I'll see if I can find it. I'm in the middle of something but will write back once I have a chance to check. If I saved the software, I can e-mail it to you worst case.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @gkillmaster can you give me the link you used? Thanks!

I believe I used this link to get there and download the Dashboard. But it doesn't connect for me now. But I have the mac version of the dashboard I downloaded from there I can send you.

• @gkillmaster said:

@CapnWillie said:

@LinearLineman said:
    @CapnWillie , well, I haven’t been able to access the website to calibrate it yet. However, the product itself is beautifully crafted and packaged. It looks great on your finger. The folks who made it obviously cared a lot. As to it’s functionality I’ll have to let you know,

Thanks for the update. I haven’t quite decided if I need to try it yet. It’s a compelling yet head scratching opportunity for sure. ATM, knee deep in a recently closed condo/reno project and paying for a wedding so in no rush to part with any additional cash.😩

@lukesleepwalker recommended I try Musikraken and it works great! Amazing piece of software. The reason I mentioned it, is that I can no perform modulations in much the same way as I could with the Neova Ring. It detects fingers and I can hold my hand in the camera view and spread my fingers and modulate parameters. I didn't think it would work all that well but it seems very precise! So I sent my ring back. Not suggesting you don't get it, but just to impart the information.

Love it!

• @BiancaNeve said:

@Krupa said:
    It’s a good job they don’t ship to the U.K. as I might have birthday treated myself in a whisky haze later 😅

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384985520791?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=pqp47z6ktk6&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=7OwISTZER7O&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Don’t drink and eBay :)

Oh nice one, thanks, I’ll think about it 😁

• @gkillmaster you downloaded from this page? (Google said it wasn’t secure)

• @LinearLineman said:
    @gkillmaster you downloaded from this page? (Google said it wasn’t secure)

yes, that's it! I took a chance and it's been fine.

• Thanks @gkillmaster, I spoke to a tech guy at SweetWater and he agreed it is ok to download. Did you download that other Plume stuff as well?

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thanks @gkillmaster, I spoke to a tech guy at SweetWater and he agreed it is ok to download. Did you download that other Plume stuff as well?

O sure! No I didn't download Plume, but I'm curious what it is. If I can load that link again, I think I'll see what it's all about!

• How do you charge these things? I put mine on the stand, and the red LED just keeps blinking.