Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Wotja 23 Planning Commences

It has come to that time of year that we’re now starting to look ahead to Wotja 23!

There is, as ever, a lot we want to do and so we expect V23 to be a really cool product cycle.

See our “Wotja 23 Planning Commences” Blog post https://intermorphic.com/news/blog/post/220701-Wotja-23-planning-commences.html

Best wishes, Pete and Tim

Comments

• Dumb question. I subscribed to Wotja 22. Will Wotja 23 be included in my subscription plan? :)

(I went the $3.99/month route despite not owning any laptops/desktops so your development can be better funded, lol.)

• Hi @jwmmakerofmusic (and @imtim!),

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Dumb question. I subscribed to Wotja 22. Will Wotja 23 be included in my subscription plan? :)

It turns out that is a really good question! ;) I've checked our latest documentation update - https://intermorphic.com/wotja/help/#subscriptions - and that wasn't immediately clear to me - which surprised me!

But to answer your question in a single word: yes!

A Wotja subscription is rolling - so if you take it out "now", it keeps getting rolling updates until you cancel the subscription, and that includes the product year versions.

(I went the $3.99/month route despite not owning any laptops/desktops so your development can be better funded, lol.)

Wow. That is lovely to hear, and a little humbling. Thank you very much indeed, it means a lot. I think we have quite a few users/fans who do this sort of thing, and it really does make a difference.

With best wishes,

Pete

• I had to purchase 22 because 21 didn’t work anymore. Will I have to purchase 23 when it comes out in order to use 22?

• I’ll be buying the pro up front, like I do every year. One of the best apps on the platform!

• @Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:
    I had to purchase 22 because 21 didn’t work anymore. Will I have to purchase 23 when it comes out in order to use 22?

No, the annual Pro version continues to work as long as the current system supports it. I'm a bit surprised to hear 21 has stopped working for you; what iOS/iPadOS are you on?

• @Masanga said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:
    I had to purchase 22 because 21 didn’t work anymore. Will I have to purchase 23 when it comes out in order to use 22?

No, the annual Pro version continues to work as long as the current system supports it. I'm a bit surprised to hear 21 has stopped working for you; what iOS/iPadOS are you on?

iOS 15

• @Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

@Masanga said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

iOS 15

Yeah, that is very strange, as most iOS users are on iOS 15 now, and that came out back in September 2021 - and certainly, we didn't have any reports of problems with it and Wotja 21.

Anyhow - onwards and upwards. Many thanks for your ongoing support,

Pete

• @god said:
    I’ll be buying the pro up front, like I do every year. One of the best apps on the platform!

Many thanks! A key point about Tim's Blog post, is that it ensures that our fans won't miss-out on the early-bird pricing. Which is good :)

Best wishes, Pete

• edited July 2022

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

@Masanga said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

iOS 15

Hi @Tamir_Raz_Mataz

I have just re-tried Wotja Pro 21 on my iPhone running iOS 15.5 and as far as I can tell it runs perfectly fine - which is what I expected, too. What do you mean by "21 didn't work anymore"?

Many thanks

Tim

• @impete said:
    Hi @jwmmakerofmusic (and @imtim!),

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Dumb question. I subscribed to Wotja 22. Will Wotja 23 be included in my subscription plan? :)

It turns out that is a really good question! ;) I've checked our latest documentation update - https://intermorphic.com/wotja/help/#subscriptions - and that wasn't immediately clear to me - which surprised me!

But to answer your question in a single word: yes!

A Wotja subscription is rolling - so if you take it out "now", it keeps getting rolling updates until you cancel the subscription, and that includes the product year versions.

Wow. That is lovely to hear, and a little humbling. Thank you very much indeed, it means a lot. I think we have quite a few users/fans who do this sort of thing, and it really does make a difference.

With best wishes,

Pete

Hi @jwmmakerofmusic
    We have today made some improvements to the FAQ section on Subscriptions and I hope it is now a bit clearer that Wotja (free variant) gets rolling updates year-on-year and as FS Subscriptions are auto-renewing then you should (if you install the Wotja updates!) always be able to use the latest version of Wotja in 'Pro' mode on your device (subject to the device/OS requirements of a particular version of Wotja).

Many thanks also for your support wrt Subscribing! One other option you might like to consider is to get the paid-for 'Pro' variant of Wotja 23 at the very special Early Bird 1 price and then maybe one day use one of the new (coming in 22.6.0) Tip Jar options to give a voluntary one-off tip - if ever you felt you wished to that is!

Anyhow, thanks again for the support and that feedback!

ATB

Tim

• @impete said:

@god said:
    I’ll be buying the pro up front, like I do every year. One of the best apps on the platform!

Many thanks! A key point about Tim's Blog post, is that it ensures that our fans won't miss-out on the early-bird pricing. Which is good :)

Best wishes, Pete

Yup, I’ve read it. I’ll preorder as soon as possible.

• edited July 2022

@god said:
    Yup, I’ve read it. I’ll preorder as soon as possible.

Thank you very much! We don't yet know what will be in Wotja 23 (well, we know some stuff already...) and hope you all like where we end-up!

Pete

• I’ve messed around with the free version a bit and it’s…a lot. Is there some documentation or a good “intro” video I could watch? I hear so many good things and I’d love to dive more into it.

• @HotStrange said:
    I’ve messed around with the free version a bit and it’s…a lot. Is there some documentation or a good “intro” video I could watch? I hear so many good things and I’d love to dive more into it.

Hi, and thanks for asking!

The best place to start is here:
    https://intermorphic.com/wotja/tutorials/

I'd suggest you just start at the beginning; the Tutorials are all what I'd call "bite size" and introduce you gently into many of the features of Wotja 22.

And if you have any questions, please ask away!

Best wishes, Pete

• Oh, and the documentation is here:

https://intermorphic.com/wotja/22/guide/

Wotja 22 has a full built-in copy of the user guide, which you can use entirely offline even without an internet connection.

Pete

• @impete said:

@HotStrange said:
    I’ve messed around with the free version a bit and it’s…a lot. Is there some documentation or a good “intro” video I could watch? I hear so many good things and I’d love to dive more into it.

Hi, and thanks for asking!

The best place to start is here:
    https://intermorphic.com/wotja/tutorials/

I'd suggest you just start at the beginning; the Tutorials are all what I'd call "bite size" and introduce you gently into many of the features of Wotja 22.

And if you have any questions, please ask away!

Best wishes, Pete

Thanks for this! I’ll be diving into this sometime in the next week. Looking forward to giving it a fair shake :smile:

• @HotStrange said:
    Thanks for this! I’ll be diving into this sometime in the next week. Looking forward to giving it a fair shake :smile:

Excellent! There is certainly a lot in Wotja to keep you busy :smile:

Best wishes, Pete

• @impete Thank you for being quick to answer. I'm glad that the subscription is good for all future versions. 😃 And I definitely want to keep supporting you and @imtim well into the future. I know I used to balk at a subscription and considered getting the full version, but I realised that the subscription helps fund future development of this amazing beast of an app. All someone had to say were the magic words "Brian" and "Eno", and I'm like "hell yeah I'm finally subscribing". 😂

@imtim If you add the tip jar also to the subscription version, I GOT your back mate. ☺️ I figured now that I'm cooking at home more rather than dining out, and making all my coffee at home rather than out, and I can afford a simple four quid per month plus a little extra. I'm building up a live Ambient piece in AUM with the Buttersynth beta in order to get that out of my system. Tomorrow is my day of rest, so I'm going to dig into the Wotja tutorials page listed above and try to build something simple for starters.

I mean, sure, Wotja looks complex, but I'm guessing it's still far easier to get a handle of compared to MiRack, which looks and sounds beautiful but utterly confuses me. 🤣

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I mean, sure, Wotja looks complex, but I'm guessing it's still far easier to get a handle of compared to MiRack, which looks and sounds beautiful but utterly confuses me. 🤣

I'm with you on that! The world of synthesis is wonderful, but really does require commitment I think.

Mind you, Wotja contains its own modular synth system, which you can play with if you want, so who am I to talk?! :wink:

Pete

• Thanks for the heads up mate! :) I appreciate you both.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Thanks for the heads up mate! :) I appreciate you both.

Happy to oblige :)

Your feedback was actually very important in helping to push us to try this, so many thanks!

Best wishes, Pete

• @impete said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Thanks for the heads up mate! :) I appreciate you both.

Happy to oblige :)

Your feedback was actually very important in helping to push us to try this, so many thanks!

Best wishes, Pete

Absolutely mate. :) It's right to reward good folks such as yourselves for all you do.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Absolutely mate. :) It's right to reward good folks such as yourselves for all you do.

Thank you very much :smile:

Pete

• @impete said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Thank you very much :smile:

Pete

Of course mate. :)