Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beatly Pro, the pocket ghost producer

Comments

• @jolico said:
    Awesome update!

Beatly kicks ass.

Any plans for FX automation?
    with randomized curves?

Thank you! I have already been thinking about randomized curves for the automation, yet still not resolved certain technicalities… Need more time to figure it out I guess!

• I collected a set of features people were talking about. Now it's up to you to decide what should I focus on for the next version.
    If you have even different idea, let me know so I can add it to the options!

https://forms.gle/GCcPhkaMD6BAZE5B6

• Wouldn’t it be awesome if Beatly could host AuV3 instruments and FX ?

• @jolico said:
    Wouldn’t it be awesome if Beatly could host AuV3 instruments and FX ?

Nah, I feel like that would take away from the simplicity of it. Then it would just become another DAW.

• @ChancedMusic said:

@jolico said:

Nah, I feel like that would take away from the simplicity of it. Then it would just become another DAW.

But it would be the ultimate daw.

• @jolico said:

@ChancedMusic said:

@jolico said:

I’m going to err on the side of simplicity as well. I would much rather have a better way to import samples, preferably where they can be auditioned before importing, importing multiple samples into the same library where the built in sounds lie, so they stay in there, etc.

Also @AntoninCharvat the polls are closed for good? Sorry i missed it

• @jolico said:

@ChancedMusic said:

@jolico said:

It would be really cool, but I'm not sure I'm aiming to create the ultimate daw though :) Currently there is too many limitations caused by my poor decisions in the past that it would be better to start a new app development instead if I wanted to create a daw :smiley:

@db909 said:

I’m going to err on the side of simplicity as well. I would much rather have a better way to import samples, preferably where they can be auditioned before importing, importing multiple samples into the same library where the built in sounds lie, so they stay in there, etc.

Also @AntoninCharvat the polls are closed for good? Sorry i missed it

As for version 1.23 the poll is really closed. The most voted feature was drag and drop of the sample, so that might be the first improvement of the samples import related process you were suggesting. Still it would be nice to have some more complex sample manager.. I will keep that in my TODO list for some feature updates!

• Is the roadmap online? Where is "AUv3 instrument" on the roadmap? I think Beatly is really neat, but I don't want to invest too much time with it until I can add it to an AUv3 host (AUM, apeMatrix) and save its state along with everything else in my session.

• @mojozart said:
    Is the roadmap online? Where is "AUv3 instrument" on the roadmap? I think Beatly is really neat, but I don't want to invest too much time with it until I can add it to an AUv3 host (AUM, apeMatrix) and save its state along with everything else in my session.

Sorry, there is no roadmap online. I'm deciding pretty randomly about new features as it's still just my side project :) I understand what do you mean though and I hope I will one day manage to develop the AUv3 version. So far the only available solution to add the app to AUM is via its MIDI output, which tbh works pretty smooth too! :)

Just made a short improvisation, accidentally, using VHS Synth and Beatly Pro in AUM:

• @mojozart said:
    Is the roadmap online? Where is "AUv3 instrument" on the roadmap? I think Beatly is really neat, but I don't want to invest too much time with it until I can add it to an AUv3 host (AUM, apeMatrix) and save its state along with everything else in my session.

Imo it’s one of the best apps on the store so you’re really missing out. I love and use AUV3s all the time but can never understand why people will let great apps pass simply because of that.

• edited June 2022

@AntoninCharvat thanks for update. To reiterate, I do think it's a super app, and I am aware that MIDI glue works wonders. If this app were Xequence2, I wouldn't be asking for an AUv3.

My desire is to be able to use a lot of different instruments and effects in a AUv3 host session (AUM, apeMatrix, LoopyPro, or Zenbeats), without thinking about how I'm going to recreate it, or what conventions I have to follow, e.g., wrt MIDI mapping, to even have a chance of recreating it... I just want to create, record some music, and save the session so I can pick it up again later.

UPDATE: I realize that I'm confusing this app with another. I don't have an opinion about this app yet. Sorry for distraction!

• @mojozart said:
    @AntoninCharvat thanks for update. To reiterate, I do think it's a super app, and I am aware that MIDI glue works wonders. If this app were Xequence2, I wouldn't be asking for an AUv3.

My desire is to be able to use a lot of different instruments and effects in a AUv3 host session (AUM, apeMatrix, LoopyPro, or Zenbeats), without thinking about how I'm going to recreate it, or what conventions I have to follow, e.g., wrt MIDI mapping, to even have a chance of recreating it... I just want to create, record some music, and save the session so I can pick it up again later.

I feel like for what the app is (a quick generative app with basic editing), that may not work or may not be what the dev is going for. I think it’s perfect as is. I can see your point, but not all apps are made with those features in mind, and it seems to be the case here.

• I like the current trend of MIDI-editing features being implementend. It helps me refine the ideas and export as needed. The drum kit preset makes coming up with quick beats that much easier.

• @HotStrange said:
    Imo it’s one of the best apps on the store so you’re really missing out...

Wow... thank you. You made my day!

@mojozart said:

UPDATE: I realize that I'm confusing this app with another. I don't have an opinion about this app yet. Sorry for distraction!

Nevermind! If you feel like you wanted to try Beatly Pro anyway, let me know. I'll send you the promo code.

@KirbyMumbo said:
    I like the current trend of MIDI-editing features being implementend. It helps me refine the ideas and export as needed. The drum kit preset makes coming up with quick beats that much easier.

Appreciated! Much more MIDI-editing features are yet to come! Starting with MIDI file import directly to piano roll (with auto-transposition to the current chord progression). I believe this will bring wide variety of new possibilities!

• Feature selection poll for 1.25 is LIVE now!

https://forms.gle/Kyjeh6vkiqW9biEe9

• @AntoninCharvat said:
    Feature selection poll for 1.25 is LIVE now!

Voted! Thanks for being active. Hoping sample manager makes it in 🤞

• edited July 2022

@AntoninCharvat can you explain this one a bit more?

Ability of changing any bar's beat's chord/key within the track (this is my favorite, vote!)

If this means that I can generate a beat and then change the key after the fact, then YES PLEASE. I will vote for this.

I also sometimes wish I could change an individual drum sample without changing the whole kit and without having to load my own. That is, say I like a kit but not the kick drum. I want to use a different INTERNAL kick--is there a way to audition the other internal kick samples until I find the right one?

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    @AntoninCharvat can you explain this one a bit more?

Ability of changing any bar's beat's chord/key within the track (this is my favorite, vote!)

If this means that I can generate a beat and then change the key after the fact, then YES PLEASE. I will vote for this.

Yes, it's pretty much that. In the yet-unreleased-but-soon-to-be-released version 1.24 I'm introducing chord names in the piano roll per beat. As of now they're just static titles to inform user about the key used by the generator algorithm per beat. However for the future, I was thinking about them as a way to modify the chord/key of the beat of the current bar. So you could basically transpose each beat of each bar at your will.

I also sometimes wish I could change an individual drum sample without changing the whole kit and without having to load my own. That is, say I like a kit but not the kick drum. I want to use a different INTERNAL kick--is there a way to audition the other internal kick samples until I find the right one?

Let me add that to my TODO list for some of the future releases. I love this idea too! Eventually this could become a part of the Sample Manager I'm planning to implement as well.

• @AntoninCharvat said:
    Let me add that to my TODO list for some of the future releases. I love this idea too! Eventually this could become a part of the Sample Manager I'm planning to implement as well.

Excellent, thank you!

• Just voted. I really like the new features in the beta, it helps me keep track a lot better, especially for editing. I’m loving the development of this, it’s becoming my goto for coming up with chord progressions

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    Just voted. I really like the new features in the beta, it helps me keep track a lot better, especially for editing. I’m loving the development of this, it’s becoming my goto for coming up with chord progressions

Thank you man!

For those who have not voted yet, feature selection poll Beatly Pro 1.25 is here:

As of now, 19 awesome people voted and it's 10:9 in favor of sample manager. The poll will be closed during the next week, so make sure you vote! It seems it will be a huge drama!

• @AntoninCharvat said:

@Fingolfinzz said:
    Just voted. I really like the new features in the beta, it helps me keep track a lot better, especially for editing. I’m loving the development of this, it’s becoming my goto for coming up with chord progressions

Thank you man!

For those who have not voted yet, feature selection poll Beatly Pro 1.25 is here:

As of now, 19 awesome people voted and it's 10:9 in favor of sample manager. The poll will be closed during the next week, so make sure you vote! It seems it will be a huge drama!

Good to hear! I know I voted for a sample manager. I still have tons of fun just hitting that next button, seeing what comes out, and saving the goodies. Haven’t really dove deep into the chord features and what not. But yeah ultimately I’m just waiting for a way to batch import samples and audition them along with all the other sounds while the beat is playing.

• New version 1.24 is OUT!

Now you can drag and drop your custom samples right onto the mixer tracks.
    You can also drag and drop MIDI file in the piano roll and import your favorite sequence, which will adapt to your bar's chord progression.
    Chord names has been added to each beat directly in the piano roll so you can keep the track of the progression easily.
    You can now delete all notes in the piano roll selected with the Selection tool with a simple tap.
    Lots of improvements and fixes.

Download here:
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/beatly-pro/id1550189157

Have fun!

• @AntoninCharvat said:
    New version 1.24 is OUT!

You can also drag and drop MIDI file in the piano roll and import your favorite sequence, which will adapt to your bar's chord progression.
    Chord names has been added to each beat directly in the piano roll so you can keep the track of the progression easily.
    You can now delete all notes in the piano roll selected with the Selection tool with a simple tap.

Download here:

Have fun!

Awesome! Can’t wait to give it a spin

• edited July 2022

@AntoninCharvat said:
    I collected a set of features people were talking about. Now it's up to you to decide what should I focus on for the next version.
    If you have even different idea, let me know so I can add it to the options!

https://forms.gle/GCcPhkaMD6BAZE5B6

Good idea. I’ll take a look.

Edit- looks like this is closed.

• @AntoninCharvat said:
    New version 1.24 is OUT!

Download here:

Have fun!

Congratulations! this app continually improves, you gotta love that. Cheers!

• Hey folks,

still working on the piano roll notes velocity change + copy/cut/paste options. Here's a little sneak peek. It's now fully working, available on the TestFlight (let me know if you're into testing and I'll add you immediately).

The entire piano roll experience was massively improved with increasing the tapping precision and code refactoring. It now feels sort of like a standard piano roll you're used to from your favorite DAW :)

• Update

• @jolico said:
    Update

That's right!

Now you can change any note's velocity directly in the piano roll. Simply just long press the note or selection of notes and adjust the value using fader.
    You can now also copy, cut and paste notes within the bar or from one bar to another.
    Entire piano roll has been improved and it's now better responsive and precise even on smaller displays.
    Few bugs and rare crashes has been fixed.

Download here:
    https://apple.co/3P8pRDs

• Yeeessssss! Velocity control at last!