Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A quick demo of upcoming Kauldron 🕷 presets

Nice and simple. Just for demo purposes.
AUM is the host.
One instance of ZOA driving four instances of Kauldron with four different 🕷 presets.
Just a touch of delay, reverb and stereo widening on the master bus.
No live tweaking from me during the recording. Just pressed play and let the presets do their thing being driven by ZOA.
Might use this thread to add a few more short demos before release.
Presets almost ready for dropping 😊

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/ML96Bf5CekPjYPZE9

Comments

• The wizard of top quality presets is back! Brilliant sounds like always mate. ;) Not just a demo, but also a nice piece of Ambient in its own right! Oh yes, I'm getting Zoa in a few minutes to create some sort of Ambient piece with it.

• Awesome. Kauldron gets overlooked because it has been around a while, but it is really fantastic.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    The wizard of top quality presets is back! Brilliant sounds like always mate. ;) Not just a demo, but also a nice piece of Ambient in its own right! Oh yes, I'm getting Zoa in a few minutes to create some sort of Ambient piece with it.

Thanks, mate! 👊😃

There’s a helluva lot of huge expressive pads in this bank with some textural surprises here and there, especially if you use the X-Y pads in Kauldron that I’ve assigned certain parameters to. As well as being used normally, I’m hoping the pad sounds might make for some good textured drone material if recorded and slowed right down in Gauss. (Something I will try out after finishing the bank.)

Love ZOA. Really good for ambient generative stuff, and provides a nice easy way to demo a few presets working together 😃

• You are the cold gold arachnidiggity—which is a very good thing, I think! :star:

• @NeuM said:
    Awesome. Kauldron gets overlooked because it has been around a while, but it is really fantastic.

Agreed. It has a really nice selection of modulation and performance facilities. The UI is very simple and quick to navigate. I like its big chunky graphics, easy on the eyes. Am really enjoying digging into it.

• @oddSTAR said:
    You are the cold gold arachnidiggity—which is a very good thing, I think! :star:

"cold gold arachnidiggity" from the sub-zero auric tarantula.

"A rose is a rose by any other name".

NOTE: I have not listened to the demo yet. But this name game is golden.

• Maybe time for a Kauldron album.

• @Spidericemidas What a beautiful demo (track?)

• @LinearLineman said:
    Maybe time for a Kauldron album.

Double, double toil and trouble;
    Fire burn and caldron bubble.
    Fillet of a fenny snake,
    In the caldron boil and bake;
    Eye of newt and toe of frog,
    Wool of bat and tongue of dog,
    Adder's fork and blind-worm's sting,
    Lizard's leg and howlet's wing,
    For a charm of powerful trouble,
    Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.

Double, double toil and trouble;
    Fire burn and caldron bubble.
    Cool it with a baboon's blood,
    Then the charm is firm and good.

and the Spider's web;
    in the Moonlight's ebb.

• Ohhh I love @Spidericemidas patches.
    Sweet.

• @oddSTAR said:
    You are the cold gold arachnidiggity—which is a very good thing, I think! :star:

“Arachnidiggity”, you’ve just named one of the arp presets. I might use “Cold Gold” as well, if it’s alright with you? 😁

• @McD said:

@oddSTAR said:

It is very helpful in coming up with names for the remaining bunch of presets! 😁

• @LinearLineman said:
    Maybe time for a Kauldron album.

I think you will like this collection, Sir. Loads of pads and arps in there 😉

• @Schmotown said:
    @Spidericemidas What a beautiful demo (track?)

Thanks!
    It was just a good way to demo some presets working together. But it will become a proper track eventually. My current workflow is to record live jams of little setups like this in AUM and then transfer the recording onto an audio track in Cubasis to provide a main structure to then continue overdubbing with other bits and pieces in Cubasis.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Ohhh I love @Spidericemidas patches.
    Sweet.

Thanks as always for the support. This one has been really fun to make. Kauldron is ace! 😍

• Brilliant work @Spidericemidas looking forward to these.

• Very nice!

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Brilliant work @Spidericemidas looking forward to these.

Thanks 😊
    I’m aiming to finish and release the bank by the end of next week (if Kauldron will let me stop! 😆)

• @lasselu said:
    Very nice!

Thank you! 😊

• Here’s another quickie. Set up in AUM in under 10 mins.
    Same deal. ZOA driving 4 instances of Kauldron with another 4 patch examples.
    Obviously needs some EQ work, but just for demo purposes.

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/yzdfjqdPLCs7BUWF6

• I am so looking forward to these.
    Excellent work as always!

• Impressive sounds, very versatile and melodic.
    Great work on this.
    Rene

• @Spidericemidas said:

@McD said:

@oddSTAR said:

It is very helpful in coming up with names for the remaining bunch of presets! 😁

I’m full of names mate. DM me if you need some. I like to first think about the sound, what instrument does it sound like, what real world sounds it evokes, what’s unique about it, what it makes me feel, etc… Then I might move onto to things happening in my life, things happening around me, things happening in society, etc.. and what the sound makes me think of. Sometimes I just let it play, close my eyes and see what words pop into my head, as I try to define the sound with words. Hope that helps a little, excited to here these, cheers @Spidericemidas

• Just curious will these patches be free or sold? Don’t want to assume anything.

• @Poppadocrock Heh! Sounds good, yeah I will keep that in mind, thanks! I have a similar approach with naming.

I usually make all the presets first and call them something like Test 1..2..3 etc as it takes me more time to think of a name than it takes me to make a patch, and I just want to get on with the programming! Then when I think I’m done, I go back through them all, play them and see what springs to mind.

Presets will always be free from me 😃

• Going through a phase of “Just a Phase”, my current favorite one of yours on Kaspar and hyped for this upcoming Kauldron release. Thank you so much!

• @myapologies @JeffChasteen @ReneAsologuitar Cheers! I’m looking forward to getting this bank out. There’s a lot of fun and experimentation on offer with the routings I’ve set on the X-Y pads for each patch.

• edited July 2022

@Spidericemidas said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Thanks 😊
    I’m aiming to finish and release the bank by the end of next week (if Kauldron will let me stop! 😆)

Ok, dropped everything, I'm listening.

Trouble with you, @Spidericemidas is that your continuous output basically prevents me from ever finalising, let alone releasing, my magnum opus consisting entirely of your presets, using every app I have with them. I got the title, "SIM City" (see what I did there) and an eponymous project in Xequence/AUM with about 7-8 apps on various tracks, but you just can't seem to ever stop, can you. 🥴

• @ervin said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Thanks 😊

Ok, dropped everything, I'm listening.

Trouble with you, @Spidericemidas is that your continuous output basically prevents me from ever finalising, let alone releasing, my magnum opus consisting entirely of your presets, using every app I have with them. I got the title, "SIM City" (see what I did there) and an eponymous project in Xequence/AUM with about 7-8 apps on various tracks, but you just can't seem to ever stop, can you. 🥴

That sounds great! Hope to hear it one day! Dig the title acronym too 😁

I’m actually doing the same thing as well between preset making. I’ve got a long continuous piece of evolving music under construction in Cubasis made from these AUM jams using only my presets from all the various synths. I think you will like this Kauldron collection 😉

• Presets Demo No.3
    4 Kauldrons.
    1 ZOA.
    And again just a touch of additional delay, stratosphere reverb and stereo widener on the master bus.

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/Y9tKD4coC1oTXRsw9