Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Module Pro - can you access splits in a hosting app (AUM)?

I can set up splits and other stuff in the stand-alone version, but I can not see how I can access those in the host app...

Is it even possible?

Comments

• Nope, the Split/Layer functions are for the stand-alone only...
    What you can do is to load two AUv3 instances in for example AUM and set their key-ranges.

• Does this require that $19.99 IAP add-on mate? (It's the only IAP in Module Pro I've yet to purchase.)

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Does this require that $19.99 IAP add-on mate? (It's the only IAP in Module Pro I've yet to purchase.)

You do get a bunch of 'bread and butter' sounds with the Module Performance Expansion (Layer Elements).
    These can be used to create your own layers and splits or used as is.

• @Samu said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Does this require that $19.99 IAP add-on mate? (It's the only IAP in Module Pro I've yet to purchase.)

You do get a bunch of 'bread and butter' sounds with the Module Performance Expansion (Layer Elements).

Yep, sold. All you had to say was "create your own layers". :lol: And if I can't figure out how to record it into AUM, that's what the "screen-recording-into-Koala" method was made for. ;) I used that method to record Audanika's output since it sounded so good!

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Samu said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Yep, sold. All you had to say was "create your own layers". :lol: And if I can't figure out how to record it into AUM, that's what the "screen-recording-into-Koala" method was made for. ;) I used that method to record Audanika's output since it sounded so good!

LOL, If you want really massive sounds, layer some of of the KAPro Orchestra patches and damned...

• @Samu said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Samu said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

LOL, If you want really massive sounds, layer some of of the KAPro Orchestra patches and damned...

Not to do shameless self promotion, but I know exactly what KAPro Orchestra is capable of. ;) Both here in this recent Ambient piece...

...and here in "Sansarilla".

Shit is powerful mate!

• McDMcD
    edited June 2022

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Not to do shameless self promotion

I wish this forum had more creatives that shared their efforts. There are a few but I'd like more variety of workflows demonstrated. I won't listen to it all but I'd like to check out when I'm in the mood.

W.R.T. recording in AUM: Send the output of channels to one Mix Bus and make a new channel that starts with that bus and record you're "virtual splits" or layers there. You should be able to apply ranges to 2 or more Module instances and get effective splits without the IAP investment assuming you have the DSP resources left for this tactic. There are good features in the IAP beyond the splits as I recall. Module has milked me for a lot of orders... one at a time over many years. I just wish they would be less vibrato heavy on solo strings or give me an LFO with rate and delay to activate it. Thumbjam got the cello right!

• @Samu said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Samu said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

They are totally the bomb!!

• @McD said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Not to do shameless self promotion

I wish this forum had more creatives that shared their efforts. There are a few but I'd like more variety of workflows demonstrated. I won't listen to it all but I'd like to check out when I'm in the mood.

W.R.T. recording in AUM: Send the output of channels to one Mix Bus and make a new channel that starts with that bus and record you're "virtual splits" or layers there. You should be able to apply ranges to 2 or more Module instances and get effective splits without the IAP investment assuming you have the DSP resources left for this tactic. There are good features in the IAP beyond the splits as I recall. Module has milked me for a lot of orders... one at a time over many years. I just wish they would be less vibrato heavy on solo strings or give me an LFO with rate and delay to activate it. Thumbjam got the cello right!

It also adds MIDI learn - very useful!

• McDMcD
    edited June 2022

@pax-eterna said:

They are totally the bomb!!

If it says KAPro... its worth buying. The "EP-88" Rhodes and Whirly IAP is so nice. People tend to prefer Gospel Musicians but I think they are not careful enough with FX and pitch. I can add more Saturation and Rhodes/Whirly FX apps in AUM and get good results with Module. Gospel Musicians keeps re-packaging their apps with new names... but I did just load up "Pure Synth" while their assets are on sale.

• edited June 2022

@Samu said:
    Nope, the Split/Layer functions are for the stand-alone only...
    What you can do is to load two AUv3 instances in for example AUM and set their key-ranges.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking of doing, but thought I'd check first :)

Although TBH, you could almost run a show from within Module with the setlist tool.