Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Recommend me an AUfx: Something to help with tuning when designing patches

Hello. I'm looking for an AUfx that I can use to check the tuning when designing patches, or even for use on samples, so I can make sure what I create is actually in tune. Any suggestions?

Comments

• You can always count on 4Pockets.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/analyser-tuner-auv3-plugin/id1436332576

This has saved me countless headaches when producing music, even Ambient with multiple instances of Gauss (to make sure the tape speeds are set in tune to one another, or not, depending on the mood I feel is most appropriate).

• Oh neat, I actually have that already but had never discovered the tuner function. Thanks @jwmmakerofmusic!

• @FastGhost said:
    Oh neat, I actually have that already but had never discovered the tuner function. Thanks @jwmmakerofmusic!

Of course mate! Yep, when it comes to bread-and-butter music production tools, you can always count on 4Pockets to have something to fulfill every everyday need. 😃

• Nembrini has a free tuner app. Meant for guitars, but that doesn't matter.
    https://apps.apple.com/app/na-tuner/id1613197835

• @wim said:
    Nembrini has a free tuner app. Meant for guitars, but that doesn't matter.
    https://apps.apple.com/app/na-tuner/id1613197835

That's actually a pretty sweet tuner! Adding it to my production toolbox.

• Thanks @wim - the 4Pockets one is proving very difficult to use when tuning drums as the note shows for a nanosecond and disappears behind the words "No Signal".

• @FastGhost said:
    Thanks @wim - the 4Pockets one is proving very difficult to use when tuning drums as the note shows for a nanosecond and disappears behind the words "No Signal".

TB Spectrogram can help, just let the sound loop or trigger it a few times and put the curser at the solid line to get the note and frequency.

• This is something I discovered this week.

Pitch Bend is accepted by most app sources. Not so sure about drums.
    I needed to convert pitch bends to tune the output of Steel Guitar Pro since
    different apps reach the octave at different numeric values so point Steel Guitar Pro
    in my Mozaic script needed to allow the user to tweak the value of the pitch bend.

I think this code I hacked could be deployed to send micro pitch shift "Pitch Bend" commands to a ton of apps. Let me know if you'd like to test this as a potential tool and I'll
    isolate this feature to another script. I did not know that Pitch Bend is a 14-bit encoded value until this week and I need to sort through the math to produce and integer... re-scale the results (Moziac is blindingly fast at this type of work) as the Steel Guitar slider moves about
    and send the re-scaled integers out in a re-coded a byte (14-bit) pair. Good times with math.
    Not hard math but not everyday logic either. I got it work many times while I though through the right algebra. I almost asked @_Ki for the right answer which he'd provide in an optimized solution but "Pride cometh before the fall." So, I beat the calendar by months.

I'm also interested in any apps that are proposed as a turn key solution. Eventide MicroPitch comes to mind as a potential solution that might be overkill but still on point here. Did that AudioKit "auto-tune clone" app work?

• @Samu said:

@FastGhost said:
    Thanks @wim - the 4Pockets one is proving very difficult to use when tuning drums as the note shows for a nanosecond and disappears behind the words "No Signal".

TB Spectrogram can help, just let the sound loop or trigger it a few times and put the curser at the solid line to get the note and frequency.

Thanks @Samu - a free Toneboosters app, don't mind if I do.

@McD I have tried AudioTune on drums, with very mixed results.