Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro is here!

Comments

• I just figured out the time signature of a riff I have been playing for a while and opened LP to get busy and… no 7/4 time? Dang it!

• edited April 2022

@Sawiton said:
    I just figured out the time signature of a riff I have been playing for a while and opened LP to get busy and… no 7/4 time? Dang it!

You can use 7/8 for the time being.

• edited May 2022

How do you set master output channel?

So I can use an ipad ( loopy host ) output master channel. To input channel on another loopy host?

Theres some apps that will be better from an ipad mini ( audio4c ) to another loopy.

• @sigma79 said:

So I can use an ipad ( loopy host ) output master channel. To input channel on another loopy host?

Theres some apps that will be better from an ipad mini ( audio4c ) to another loopy.

Can you explain more about what you are trying to do and what the setup is? Are you trying to send between loopy on two different devices?

Loopy’s master output is not currently configurable. It goes to the first stereo pair. You can send buses and tracks to other destinations though.

• @espiegel123 said:

@sigma79 said:

Can you explain more about what you are trying to do and what the setup is? Are you trying to send between loopy on two different devices?

Loopy’s master output is not currently configurable. It goes to the first stereo pair. You can send buses and tracks to other destinations though.

Its cool thanks. I can just not send the output of a loopy to another loopy. There should still be looping sync.

• @sigma79 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sigma79 said:

Its cool thanks. I can just not send the output of a loopy to another loopy. There should still be looping sync.

I still don't understand. Are you trying to have two Loopy standalone instances on one iPad (which isn't possible) or one instance on each of two iPads?

You can load Loopy as an AU inside Loopy standalone.

• @espiegel123 said:

@sigma79 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@sigma79 said:

I still don't understand. Are you trying to have two Loopy standalone instances on one iPad (which isn't possible) or one instance on each of two iPads?

You can load Loopy as an AU inside Loopy standalone.

Its ok. Got an essential instrument in aum ( with loopy as an au if need ) - main ipad. Then loopy as a host for main looping- ipad mini. Then maybe work loops into drambo project. No point sending main out to another loopy.

lol. It were originaly. A loopy host on ipad. A drambo host on ipad.

A loopy host on another ipad. A drambo host on another ipad.

All routed to a main drambo ( audio ) Then thought I cant route host to host on same ipad anyway before knowing I cant route a loopy host to a loopy host using audio4c but its cool. Stems will be ok. Even if if I had to combine ipad audio via daw. For a live loop video.

• Not sure if it's been asked, but I guess there is no upgrade path for owners of the original Loopy HD?

• @pax-eterna said:
    Not sure if it's been asked, but I guess there is no upgrade path for owners of the original Loopy HD?

No

• @espiegel123 said:

@pax-eterna said:
    Not sure if it's been asked, but I guess there is no upgrade path for owners of the original Loopy HD?

No

Cool, that's fine...was more just checking before I started trying the new one :)

• Super basic question: is echo cancellation only meant to be used with the built in iPad mic and speaker, or is it also compatible with external mics? If it works with external mics, have folks found it useful to tame feedback problems when using loopy with an external mic and through a PA?

• @ohwell said:
    Super basic question: is echo cancellation only meant to be used with the built in iPad mic and speaker, or is it also compatible with external mics? If it works with external mics, have folks found it useful to tame feedback problems when using loopy with an external mic and through a PA?

The echo cancellation is for using the internal mic and speaker.

• Thank you for clarifying!

• Do we know if/when will midi sequencing be released inside Loopy pro app ?

• @Johnba said:
    Do we know if/when will midi sequencing be released inside Loopy pro app ?

No time estimate as far as I know, but MIDI looping will be implemented. My sense is that getting the audio engine fine-tuned and working with high precision across a wide range of devices and accommodating a variety of workflows has been a bigger task than anticipated.

• Hello, fellow Loopy Pro users! I’ve been trying to join the Loopy Pro Discord server for a couple of days now, using this webpage… https://discord.com/servers/loopy-pro-922977925182132245/

When I hit the “Join Server” button, it fires up the web version of Discord, even though I have the iPadOS Discord app installed. Moreover, the Loopy Pro server is not added, and no error message is displayed.

Could someone who is a member of the Loopy Pro Discord use Discord to generate a server invite for me. AFAIK, server invite URLs take the form: https://discord.gg/[8 char alpha numeric code]

Thanks in advance!

• @carlcaulkett said:
    Hello, fellow Loopy Pro users! I’ve been trying to join the Loopy Pro Discord server for a couple of days now, using this webpage… https://discord.com/servers/loopy-pro-922977925182132245/

When I hit the “Join Server” button, it fires up the web version of Discord, even though I have the iPadOS Discord app installed. Moreover, the Loopy Pro server is not added, and no error message is displayed.

Could someone who is a member of the Loopy Pro Discord use Discord to generate a server invite for me. AFAIK, server invite URLs take the form: https://discord.gg/[8 char alpha numeric code]

Thanks in advance!

https://discord.gg/loopy-pro-922977925182132245

• @Michael I’m not sure if there is a problem, but I’ve been trying for a couple days to join this server using the webpage at https://discord.com/servers/loopy-pro-922977925182132245/ It didn’t work for me (see my post above) but the link that @wim just gave me worked first time!

• edited January 2023

@carlcaulkett said:
    @Michael I’m not sure if there is a problem, but I’ve been trying for a couple days to join this server using the webpage at https://discord.com/servers/loopy-pro-922977925182132245/ It didn’t work for me (see my post above) but the link that @wim just gave me worked first time!

Hey! Huh, what’s that URL? I don’t recognise it. The official one is https://loopypro.com/discord

Edit: oh, duh, it’s what that redirects to. Huh. Wonder why it’s stopped working! Discord, always mysterious. Thanks for the heads up, I’ll see if I can figure it out

• Hey @Michael - I purchased Dec 20, 2021. I'm itching to re-up! When is the next 12-month purchase going to be an option?

❤️😎

• @wim said:
    Hey @Michael - I purchased Dec 20, 2021. I'm itching to re-up! When is the next 12-month purchase going to be an option?

❤️😎

❤️ Thank you!! The next update, 1.1, will be a freebie, but I’ll add the upgrade facility to the one after that! That’ll be the one with midi loops.

• @Michael said:
    That’ll be the one with midi loops.

Say what!!?
    Wowzers!

I need to get back to beta testing. 😬😂

• Midi loops 😆. F yeahhhh

• @Michael said:

@wim said:
    Hey @Michael - I purchased Dec 20, 2021. I'm itching to re-up! When is the next 12-month purchase going to be an option?

❤️😎

❤️ Thank you!! The next update, 1.1, will be a freebie, but I’ll add the upgrade facility to the one after that! That’ll be the one with midi loops.

Oh, yes.

I also bought on 20.12.21 and there was no new IAP yet ...
    Waiting to send money 😅😅😅

• Midi
    Fantastic
    This is More important than the Mac version
    Some of use can’t afford macs
    And the amazing loopy with midi will be amazing
    Good luck @Michael
    We are behind you !!

• Midi loops will be killer!

• tjatja
    edited January 2023

@Gavinski said: