Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gestrument Pro or Borderlines Granular as an instrument

Which app do you think is more robust as an instrument?
Why would you pick one over the other, and under what circumstances? Thanks y’all!

Comments

• I like gestrument because you can import midi files and use them as a scale.

• They are so unbelievably different. Borderlands is a granular sampler and Gestrument is a standalone instrument and MIDI controller. What do you want to do?

• I want to create unique sounds and also create interesting sound interactions.

• I guess, I want to experiment more than to perform. Would you say Gestrument is more geared towards performance vs borderlands being more “production” leaning? I’m a super noob btw so I apologize if I am not using good terminology. Thanks again for all who jumped on my question.

• edited June 2022

Gestrument is more geared towards performance and playing melodies/chords than sound design. In fact, I don't think there's much you can do in terms of sound design. I'm a noob too, btw. :)

• If you wanna make interesting and weird sounds, Borderlands is the way to go. Hands down my favorite app on the entire App Store and I’d be lost without it.

Gestrument is great also, but more geared towards less experimental music in my experience.

• Thanks AlexY!

• I would say Gestrument is more geared towards tonal music (you play scales and chords progression).
    Both are too different to play in the same league.

• I bit the bullet and purchased borderlands. I am loving it so far… I will research about tonal music because scales is something I need to learn more about.
    Thanks Paulo164

• @HotStrange said:
    If you wanna make interesting and weird sounds, Borderlands is the way to go. Hands down my favorite app on the entire App Store and I’d be lost without it.

Gestrument is great also, but more geared towards less experimental music in my experience.

Thanks man! You always drop knowledge.

• edited July 2022

@magnusovi said:
    I bit the bullet and purchased borderlands. I am loving it so far… I will research about tonal music because scales is something I need to learn more about.
    Thanks Paulo164

Look at Rob Jackson’s YouTube videos for good examples of borderlands as an instrument.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@magnusovi said:
    I bit the bullet and purchased borderlands. I am loving it so far… I will research about tonal music because scales is something I need to learn more about.
    Thanks Paulo164

Look at Rob Jackson’s YouTube videos for good examples of borderlands as an instrument.

I will have to do that. Thanks for the advice!

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@magnusovi said:
    Thanks Paulo164

And maybe take a look at Rob Jackson's Touchscaper app, which is a similar tool in many ways to Gestrument.

• @hes said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@magnusovi said:
    Thanks Paulo164

And maybe take a look at Rob Jackson's Touchscaper app, which is a similar tool in many ways to Gestrument.

Will do too!

• @magnusovi said:

@HotStrange said:
    If you wanna make interesting and weird sounds, Borderlands is the way to go. Hands down my favorite app on the entire App Store and I’d be lost without it.

Thanks man! You always drop knowledge.

Glad I’ve been helpful 🙏