Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Rockin' with Yonac's Roxsyn ***NOW FEATURING BASS!*** - Daveypoo, The Mobile Music Minstrel

edited September 2019 in App Tips and Tricks

Hey hey hey - it's time for me to play with Roxsyn!

Comments

• I look forward to seeing your face... I mean, your bass.

• @LinearLineman said:
    I look forward to seeing your face... I mean, your bass.

Ahem, typo on *ss. A bass is a fish. Silly rabbit. You de-base the forum.

Another video targeted at education. I always liked the cool teachers best.

• Typo on ass, bass in face... it’s all Daveypoo

• I mean - I can show you my @$$, but I feel like you'll be disappointed. Maybe buy me a few drinks, take me to dinner, treat me right and we'll talk.

:wink:

• @Daveypoo thanks for showing me how Roxsyn mangles the incoming signal.
    I tend to buy signal mangler's as a rule but the demos as a Guitar Synth left me cold.
    I use MIDI guitar for that purpose to great effect.

I'm still on the fence but Yonac always drops 50% (or more) sales.

• Yeah - the quick summary is that I like it, but not as it's advertised on the tin. It's really a specialty tool that can do a lot, but in my opinion you have to be really surgical to get it to not dominate whatever it's paired with.

Kinda like my personality.....

• I was not aware, that you can use a real guitar or bass as instrument for the iPad 😳
    That's over MIDI-In, or What?

• @tja said:
    I was not aware, that you can use a real guitar or bass as instrument for the iPad 😳

It's Audio Input. The app does analysis on the incoming audio...

• @Samu said:

@tja said:
    I was not aware, that you can use a real guitar or bass as instrument for the iPad 😳

It's Audio Input. The app does analysis on the incoming audio...

Impressive 😳

• @tja Yes - this is taking the audio in from the instrument and running that audio through algorithms and processes and effects and making synth-like tones.

There are MIDI triggers for analogue instruments (read: guitars/basses) of varying quality depending on how much money you wish to spend.

• Trying to send iOS synths through Roxsyn in AUM but notes fade like it’s not retrggering.
    Am I missing something obvious. Thanks in advance

• Unfortunately I don't have this installed any more, so I'm not sure.

Sorry!

• "Roxsyn, You don't have to turn on the red light.
    Roxsyn, sell your body to the night.">

@dennishill said:

Trying to send iOS synths through Roxsyn in AUM but notes fade like it’s not retrggering.

I will try and test this.

• @dennishill said:
    Trying to send iOS synths through Roxsyn in AUM but notes fade like it’s not retrggering.

I’m not getting any fading using Kauldron synth in to Roxsyn using standard presets
    On both apps. Are you using standard presets and if YES can you list them along with the synth app you are using. I can’t duplicate your complaint without more details in set up. Roxsyn acts like a filter in many configs and can choke off a signal but testing standard presets will show if you have dialed it into a config that is more of a filter than a tone modifier.