Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How do you listen to peoples songs here?

Hello,

I am genuinely curious how you all listen to songs that we post here? I have a bad habit of listening on my IPad Pro. But if the song is got an interest I will put my phones on. If I really like I add to a playlist and then those go in car.

But honestly I miss so much obviously if I dont have my cans on. That’s me being lazy and not fair to the creator.

How do you listen?
  1. New Song is posted how do you listen to it?27 votes
    1. iPad Speakers
      29.63%
    2. Headphones of some sort
      44.44%
    3. Studio Monitors
      18.52%
    4. Bluetooth Speaker(s)
        3.70%
    5. Car Speakers
        0.00%
    6. Other
        3.70%

Comments

• With my ears?

• Always with headphones. Can’t tolerate thin tinny sounds from iPhone & iPad speakers. You miss out on the full effect of the stereo field and frequency range otherwise. 😊🎧

• What spider said...plus my wife hates the kind of music presented here so I have to use headphones... :D

• Depends what I’m doing at the time. If I’m in the car it’s car speakers, if I have headphones, it’s headphones, if I’m using a speaker it’s a speaker. If I have nothing, I’m using the iPhone/iPad speakers.

• @HotStrange said:
    Depends what I’m doing at the time. If I’m in the car it’s car speakers, if I have headphones, it’s headphones, if I’m using a speaker it’s a speaker. If I have nothing, I’m using the iPhone/iPad speakers.

What @HotStrange said… my wife like only live classical music, she is a harp player. In the car the bass will drop, in bed the headphones - but not too loud and sometimes the speakers from the ipad.

• Haven’t bothered with the poll, as one answer isn’t enough.

I usually start on my iPad speakers. If the track is interesting, I may use headphones or Bluetooth to either my kitchen speaker or my main audio system in the living room - kitchen is most likely, as my main forum/social media time is breakfast time.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    With my ears?

Ditto. I find it gives the best results.

• With intent and purpose. :lol:

But my answer is headphones. I live in an apartment building with paper-thin walls, and my 2012 Focus' stereo system is shite (no Apple connectivity, the AUX port is in the glove compartment, and the speakers don't work anyways :lol: ).

• I usually listen through my favorite homemade stereo speaker, which has airplane and bluetooth. But it happens in different ways, both in headphones and in the car. Depends on what audio and where I am;)

• On my iPad, listen to a few seconds at the start, maybe click to hear a couple of seconds a third of the way in, a couple of seconds from a later part of the track, then usually click back in the browser. Think i really should get my head seen to.

• "Songs"? I'm not usual inclined to listen to songs because I'm still experiencing the "Little Mermaid" trauma from surgery from a Male "Sea Witch". It was at Stanford Hospital so I suspect a student/intern did the work. The surgery took twice as long as predicted and
    I lost 5 vocal notes around C4... I can switch to a falsetto to get those pitches out but it's like another person took over... so songs? I don't want to be inspired to write songs.

Thanks for asking. Thankfully, IOS provides an excellent outlet for my musical urges.

Headphones only and sometimes in the car when alone if the song is in Soundcloud.