Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Akai EWI USB configuration on iOS?

I have one of these and it works just fine as a MIDI controller for apps on iOS (I have it rigged for Bluetooth using Yamaha UD-BT01 + battery).

Are there any apps for iOS that will let me send it codes to configure channel, fingering, parameter settings etc. (SyxEx)? Same question about third party apps for macOS that could do it: Akai hasn’t updated their software for quite some time and don’t want to depend on it continuing to work.

I’m pretty ignorant about this but want to figure it out if possible.

Comments

• wimwim
    edited June 2022

Midi Designer Pro 2 is fairly straightforward for sending sysex from things like buttons and dials.
    Mozaic can do it too but you'd need to learn its scripting language.

Either solution requires understanding how sysex messages works, and the details of those messages that the EWI expects. The one EWI manual I quickly scanned didn't have those documented.

• @wim said:
    Midi Designer Pro 2 is fairly straightforward for sending sysex from things like buttons and dials.
    Mozaic can do it too but you'd need to learn its scripting language.

Either solution requires understanding how sysex messages works, and the details of those messages that the EWI expects. The one EWI manual I quickly scanned didn't have those documented.

Thanks, I like a good puzzle so it's all good.

Cool, thank you!

• I also found this, which may make it possible to figure out what EWI expects:
    https://hautetechnique.com/midi/midiview/

I'm comfortable with learning scripting and stuff like that, so we'll see how I do with it.