Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Brian the Randy - Daveypoo, The Mobile Music Minstrel

edited June 2022 in Creations

Here's a tune I've been working on for a while - I hope you dig it.

Comments

• edited June 2022

Lo mi piace 😉. Ottimo!

Bentornato, Mi sono mancati i tuoi video.

• Grazie mille @toneman88 - sono molto felice che ti piace! Sarò tornato i tutorial presto, prometto!

• Awwww - thanks!

• edited June 2022

I had to reupload the video - the original had a some audio artifacts that were ruining the mix. Sorry if I deleted your likes & good vibes!

• @Daveypoo said:

Awwww - thanks!

Brian is Brian Auger? Who is Randy?

• @Lady_App_titude said:

@Daveypoo said:

Awwww - thanks!

Brian is Brian Auger? Who is Randy?

Neither - it's a running joke with a buddy of mine. Whenever his kids say something to him along the lines of "You're so mean!" he typically responds with "Yep, that's what they call me: Brian the Mean." He was using some rolling papers one day that were Randy brand, so he became Brian the Randy - said in a thick, Austin Powers-y, terrible British accent.

I came up with the head while at his house, and the name seemed to fit the swagger of the tune.

😁

I had the main parts done for a number of months but just finished the last parts a few weeks back. Seemed time to send it out to the world.

• edited June 2022

I’m sorry that I don’t dig this Daveypoo, it reminds a little of how Joey DeFrancesco plays. And I probably sound like an idiot cause musically it’s probably way different, but I think it’s the full sound of the open draw bars (or whatever organs and their emulations do), paired with really long and sustained notes. But this isn’t why I’m here!

The main reason is because I’ve been waiting for you to post for a while just so I can tell you how much I love your little audio Daveypoo stamp thing at the beginning of your videos. Although it’s been a long while that I’ve seen your videos or listened to your stuff, it’s in my head. It will resurface in my inner ears when I’m at work at times and I love it so much. Aside from the Late Night shows vibe it has to it, it’s like a sound track to my life at times, it just makes me happy and brings me joy, it’s that simple. And it sounds so slick. I really need to take the time to explore your other stuff someday.

• Wow! This reminds me of Brian Auger and Deodato. Good vibes :)

• edited June 2022

@Blipsford_Baubie said:
    I’m sorry that I don’t dig this Daveypoo, it reminds a little of how Joey DeFrancesco plays. And I probably sound like an idiot cause musically it’s probably way different, but I think it’s the full sound of the open draw bars (or whatever organs and their emulations do), paired with really long and sustained notes. But this isn’t why I’m here!

The main reason is because I’ve been waiting for you to post for a while just so I can tell you how much I love your little audio Daveypoo stamp thing at the beginning of your videos. Although it’s been a long while that I’ve seen your videos or listened to your stuff, it’s in my head. It will resurface in my inner ears when I’m at work at times and I love it so much. Aside from the Late Night shows vibe it has to it, it’s like a sound track to my life at times, it just makes me happy and brings me joy, it’s that simple. And it sounds so slick. I really need to take the time to explore your other stuff someday.

I appreciate your honesty @Blipsford_Baubie - the sound of the Hammond (or a fake one in this case) doesn't work due everyone's ears and I'm CERTAINLY no Joey DeFrancesco, but I appreciate you giving it a spin. And I am glad to know you like the little tag on the videos - I did it initially because I liked Jakob Haq's opening bit, but I knew I couldn't come up with something so classy so I went with something silly. Now I just stick it in there out of habit - glad to know it brings you joy!

• @Identor said:
    Wow! This reminds me of Brian Auger and Deodato. Good vibes :)

I'm flattered, @Identor! Great pick, BTW - I love Superstrut.

• edited June 2022

DJ Puzzle scratching over the top - so excellent!

• I enjoyed that one… synth leads in the first half and the quieter slower section from about 4:40… very nice!

• Quite interesting shift in tempo and vibe on 4:40.
    Great recording, and I an enjoying it.
    Rene

• Thank you, @GeoTony & @ReneAsologuitar

I wanted to have an extended outro with only the organ, but the Rhodes over top worked out so well I decided to keep it. So glad you both enjoyed it - thanks for listening!

• I'm diggin' it.

• I really dig your touch on the organ leads and organ comp’ing. Really tight.
    Excellent drum programming… maintaining your standards there too.

Kick ass groove. At the end I was hoping for a reprise.

• @Daveypoo i was expecting a drill beat from You, but even this is so good🤟

• edited July 2022

Thanks, @Stochastically - glad your liked it.

@McD I'm striving to get closer and closer to the sound of a true Hammond performance, which is tricky given the gear limitations I have. It took a while to dial this one in, but I'm glad the work paid off. Also continually searching for more ways to solo without relying on my limited set of licks. The drum programming is getting easier and therefore more fun. Just playing the drums as I hear them in my head 😉

@Charlesalbert I'm working on one now that's just for you - lots of Renato Zero meets JDilla vibes 😁

• Great hook & chill outro @Daveypoo! Where's the obligatory guitar solo?

• @pbelgium said:
    Great hook & chill outro @Daveypoo! Where's the obligatory guitar solo?

I don't have a guitar at the moment, so a guitar solo wasn't possible. Sorry about that - I'm glad you liked it anyway! 😉