Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Help! Would you buy a Microbrute for $135?

I found a Microbrute, only used once - with box and documentation, owner is selling for $135. Is this a good deal? Is it worth my money, time and space?

Comments

• It’s definitely a good price assuming that it’s as described. I’d probably buy it but I’m kind of a sucker for analog synthesizers.

Have you been yearning for an inexpensive fun toy? 😁

• edited June 2022

@mtenk said:
    It’s definitely a good price assuming that it’s as described. I’d probably buy it but I’m kind of a sucker for analog synthesizers.

Have you been yearning for an inexpensive fun toy? 😁

😂 yup
    I love the idea of the oscillator being able to mix waveforms and of course the analog signal path. Do you have a Minibrute?

• Yep I would byte. Got a microfreak for 200 and I love it. The minibrute is the big one?
    There is also a microBrute I think people liked its sequencer better.
    The miniBrute is what started this whole analog revival.

• @Alfred said:
    Yep I would byte. Got a microfreak for 200 and I love it. The minibrute is the big one?

Correction: Microbrute is what I found for $135 🙃

• No, don’t have a Minibrute but I’ve played with them via friends. They sound good…a bit raw/aggressive so it may depend on the music you make.

Currently own a Moog Sub37, Moog Matriarch, and Korg MS-20. Also have a LinnDrum LM2 (not technically an analog synth but still a fun piece of history).

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@Alfred said:
    Yep I would byte. Got a microfreak for 200 and I love it. The minibrute is the big one?

Correction: Microbrute is what I found for $135 🙃

I would be using a KS37 or BSP to sequence it.

• MicroBrute is considered better by the crowd. Great price, go get it!

• @Alfred said:
    MicroBrute is considered better by the crowd. Great price, go get it!

Oh wow, thank you 🙏🏻

• Have fun. There are some old apps where you can use the headphone out of your old iDevice as a cv output. For lfo stuff.

• @Alfred said:
    Have fun. There are some old apps where you can use the headphone out of your old iDevice as a cv output. For lfo stuff.

Oh wow, that’s cool!

• It’s a fun little synth! I’d definitely pick it up for that price..

Kai Aras has a cool companion app for the “brute” synths.. that way you don’t have to hook it up to a desktop to change some of the internal settings.. pretty handy.. 👍

MIDIBrute enables you to configure all of your Brutes software only features from your iOS device.

Absolutely check out that cv-via-audio-out thread above ☝️ great ideas + apps in there..

• @Stuntman_mike said:
    I found a Microbrute, only used once - with box and documentation, owner is selling for $135. Is this a good deal? Is it worth my money, time and space?

Definitely worth the money at that price. Time and space are separate questions, and harder to answer for someone else. Pro: the VCO sounds lively. Con: the keyboard feels mushy. I ended up selling mine.

• @royor said:
    It’s a fun little synth! I’d definitely pick it up for that price..

Kai Aras has a cool companion app for the “brute” synths.. that way you don’t have to hook it up to a desktop to change some of the internal settings.. pretty handy.. 👍

MIDIBrute enables you to configure all of your Brutes software only features from your iOS device.

Absolutely check out that cv-via-audio-out thread above ☝️ great ideas + apps in there..

Oh wow, thank you!

• @dokwok2 said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

Definitely worth the money at that price. Time and space are separate questions, and harder to answer for someone else. Pro: the VCO sounds lively. Con: the keyboard feels mushy. I ended up selling mine.

The VCO is what I’m after!
    I’ll probably use my KS37 or LK37 to play it.

• I bought one about 5 years ago, bought several other synths since, but I have no plans on ever selling it, it’s a fat little synth. Idk, I kinda feel like down the line ppl will be looking back at this little synth and and it’ll be one of those pieces people regret selling lol

• @Strizbiz said:
    I bought one about 5 years ago, bought several other synths since, but I have no plans on ever selling it, it’s a fat little synth. Idk, I kinda feel like down the line ppl will be looking back at this little synth and and it’ll be one of those pieces people regret selling lol

I get that sense too…
    Arturia is smart about their hardware.

• Lots of people say the Brutes are aggressive, they can be because of the brute factor, but the can be beautiful too.

• edited June 2022

Yes I’d grab it. Think of the possibilities. Patterning 2, Triggerbox, Euclidean Sequencer, Xynthesizr, Polyphase, TC-Data, sequencing micro brute and then your phone with Midi Brute and monoleap or Audanika.

• @Stuntman_mike said:

it's amazing price, instabuy... microbrute is incredibly fun to tweak synth - it's great that it has no presets, so it forces you make your own sounds but it's also pretty easy and straightforward yet still very powerfull - you can get all kinds of different sounds from it thanks to it's architecture .. go for it and sample a hell shit out of it :)

• I vaguely regret not snapping one up at a similar price a year or so back when offered locally to me, nice subset of the bigger sister’s features in a tidy package…

• @knewspeak said:
    Lots of people say the Brutes are aggressive, they can be because of the brute factor, but the can be beautiful too.

🤯

• @taeo said:
    Yes I’d grab it. Think of the possibilities. Patterning 2, Triggerbox, Euclidean Sequencer, Xynthesizr, Polyphase, TC-Data, sequencing micro brute and then your phone with Midi Brute and monoleap or Audanika.

Wow, lots of options!

• @dendy said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

it's amazing price, instabuy... microbrute is incredibly fun to tweak synth - it's great that it has no presets, so it forces you make your own sounds but it's also pretty easy and straightforward yet still very powerfull - you can get all kinds of different sounds from it thanks to it's architecture .. go for it and sample a hell shit out of it :)

Thank you for affirming my purchase!

• @Krupa said:
    I vaguely regret not snapping one up at a similar price a year or so back when offered locally to me, nice subset of the bigger sister’s features in a tidy package…

Oh wow, when I saw the price I got the feeling it was waiting for me 🙏🏻

• Great price for a nice (or nasty in a good way) sounding synth. Would’ve picked one up at that price for sure, if I was ever that lucky.

• I’m sure the Microbrute had some serious sync issues in the past. I don’t know if they have been resolved but I do know that Arturia were dragging their heels for a long time - so I would check this out first.

• @robosardine said:
    I’m sure the Microbrute had some serious sync issues in the past. I don’t know if they have been resolved but I do know that Arturia were dragging their heels for a long time - so I would check this out first.

Possible fix

https://www.reddit.com/r/microbrute/comments/td7u1h/problems_syncing_to_external_clock/

• @emjay said:
    Great price for a nice (or nasty in a good way) sounding synth. Would’ve picked one up at that price for sure, if I was ever that lucky.

This is reassuring, thank you!