Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Importing SynthMaster 1 and 2 presets into SynthMaster player

Does anyone know if and how you can do this? It seems to suggest you can on their website using iTunes…

Existing SynthMaster users can export their own presets in SynthMaster v2.9 and import them into SynthMaster Player for iOS using iTunes.

Surely there’s another way? iTunes doesn’t even exist now does it?

It’s got an iCloud sync button that doesn’t seem to do anything.

Comments

• Have you tried "sharing" the file with SM Player? Note that sharing from the Files app may not work when sharing from a 3rd-party app might.

Also, I think the iTunes access to iOS files has been implemented in Finder now. So that might work also.

• @uncledave said:
    Have you tried "sharing" the file with SM Player? Note that sharing from the Files app may not work when sharing from a 3rd-party app might.

Also, I think the iTunes access to iOS files has been implemented in Finder now. So that might work also.

SM player doesn’t show up as a destination in the share menu for some reason.

I’ll see if it’ll work in finder on my MacBook. Seems incredibly clunky though doesn’t it. Maybe the iCloud sync works if you do stuff in the right order. Has anyone made that work at all?

Hopefully one day SM2 will go universal so SM player won’t be necessary.

• can you shed any light on this?@kv331audio_bulent @lbiyikoglu

• @gregsmith said:
    Does anyone know if and how you can do this? It seems to suggest you can on their website using iTunes…

Existing SynthMaster users can export their own presets in SynthMaster v2.9 and import them into SynthMaster Player for iOS using iTunes.

I don't think there's cross compatibility between SM1 and SM2 atm. They can't read each others presets, in which case SM Player would not work with SM1 presets, either.

I recall the devs explaining here earlier that their next effort (named SM3 perhaps) is going to be the universal one.

• @ervin said:

@gregsmith said:

I don't think there's cross compatibility between SM1 and SM2 atm. They can't read each others presets, in which case SM Player would not work with SM1 presets, either.

I recall the devs explaining here earlier that their next effort (named SM3 perhaps) is going to be the universal one.

Agreed but the manual seems to suggest sm player can handle presets from both, you just can’t edit them. It even got an update a month ago saying it could download sm2 presets. I’m just a bit confused by it all 🤷‍♂️

• @ervin said:

@ervin is correct. Synthmaster One and 2 have different synth engines. SM Player is the player version of SM2, and can therefore only handle presets from SM2. On the roadmap for SM3 is handling sounds from both One and 2.

/DMfan🖤💔

• @DMfan said:

@ervin said:

@ervin is correct. Synthmaster One and 2 have different synth engines. SM Player is the player version of SM2, and can therefore only handle presets from SM2. On the roadmap for SM3 is handling sounds from both One and 2.

/DMfan🖤💔

Ah ok. I’m sure I’ve had SM Player for way longer than SM2 has been out. Maybe that’s just the iOS version of SM2.

Anyway, how do I get my SM2 presets into SM player?

• @gregsmith said:

Why do you have to get them into SM Player, just play them with SM2?

/DMfan🖤💔

• @DMfan said:

@gregsmith said:

/DMfan🖤💔

I think the reasoning behind this is that Synthmaster Player is 'Universal' (ie. iPhone & iPad) while Synthmaster 2 is iPad only.

• @Samu said:

@DMfan said:

@gregsmith said:

/DMfan🖤💔

I think the reasoning behind this is that Synthmaster Player is 'Universal' (ie. iPhone & iPad) while Synthmaster 2 is iPad only.

Aaaah, ofc. I only use my iPad for music production and tend to forget about universal things.

/DMfan🖤💔

• @DMfan said:

@Samu said:

@DMfan said:

@gregsmith said:

/DMfan🖤💔

Aaaah, ofc. I only use my iPad for music production and tend to forget about universal things.

/DMfan🖤💔

That’s it exactly @Samu 👍