Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hungry or Dead

https://deathmachine1.bandcamp.com/track/hungry-or-dead

Not proud to admit, this took me all the day and didn’t turn out like I wanted, but pushed the button anyway. I definitely need way more practice/work but took the leap @LinearLineman and got me a page!

Playing with some new toys on my first full AUM track:
Frms, DRC, Poly 2, Magellan 2, a little slab of Beef, a pinch of AU3FX:dub, and the tiniest bit of Eventide Blackhole reverb

Thank you for listening.

Comments

• edited June 2022

Well, congratulations on the plunge. Now you need the free SoundCloud subscription. That’s a unique sound you cooked up. Good to listen to. Just my opinion, but I like it better without drums. Probably @McD will disagree as will many others. But, for me, it pigeonholes it whereas without it I don’t know where it’s going. Does it need an additional element to make it even better. I’d say yes… an additional surprise… but the drums… well, they’re not surprising.

Just my take and interests, of course. The great thing is it’s coming together and will definitely evolve if you keep at it. Nine tracks and you got your first album. If you need a cover call on me. They take about 15 minutes.

• @myapologies said:
    https://deathmachine1.bandcamp.com/track/hungry-or-dead
    Not proud to admit, this took me all the day and didn’t turn out like I wanted, but pushed the button anyway. I definitely need way more practice/work but took the leap @LinearLineman and got me a page!
    Playing with some new toys on my first full AUM track:
    Frms, DRC, Poly 2, Magellan 2, a little slab of Beef, a pinch of AU3FX:dub, and the tiniest bit of Eventide Blackhole reverb
    Thank you for listening.

Nice recording!
    Your creation is quite peaceful and relaxing.
    Thanks for this.
    Rene

• @LinearLineman, Sweet, thanks for that feedback. Very valuable to me and makes sense. I am curious how you do album art and welcome insight on that but will also search the forum in case you and others have covered that info previously.

Glancing at the site, i was under the impression that SoundCloud required a monthly subscription but will look further into that. Thank you. I appreciate you. Besides Beethoven and Bach, what other musicians inspire/influence you?

@ReneAsologuitar, Maybe it was peaceful and relaxing because I had the house to myself with no kids. I hope someday to be as skilled on the iPad as you are on guitar and vox. Thank you!

• Good one! FWIW I liked the drums on this. Cool title too!

• I use Adobe Express (free). Perfect for cover art. SoundCloud has a free subscription with limited upload capacity. You can rotate. Unlimited is 4244 a year. Chopin is one of my favorites.

• @JudasZimmerman, thank you very much for the positive feedback. Pretty new to this. I don’t really like doing drums but also don’t feel comfortable without them yet. At his current rate of production, @LinearLineman may soon have to start utilizing numbers, other languages, or cryptic symbols to designate his tracks.

• Hmmm, slight typo. SoundCloud is $144 a year.

• Some interesting sounds and I tend to agree with LL about the drums. You won’t please everybody whatever you do… but I enjoyed it.

• @GeoTony, That is the truth. I can’t even please myself. Working on it though and excited to learn more. Also I look forward to listening to some of your tracks shortly. Thanks for listening to my simple experiments and for the positive feedback. It means a lot to me.

@LinearLineman, $144?! That might almost begin to cover my app wishlist. Thanks for more helpful info.