Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How to set up IAA only apps as AB input

edited January 2015 in App Tips and Tricks

Hi all,

It might not be the best way doing it, but I made a demo on how you could do a workaround to get IAA only apps into the AB chain. In this case Oriental Strings. Works for me :)

Comments

• Not sure what I just witnessed. Are aufx and crystalline needed for this?

• No....any or no effects can be used in the effects slot. All that @tonappas was showing was to use a non-AB app in AB (the non-AB app has to have IAA) is to load an AB app, with IAA, in an AB slot, then open the non-AB app in the AB app through IAA. I do this a good bit with Audioshare, but several others work as well.

That sounds confusing as I read it back. I hope it makes sense though.

• That part that allowed Oriental String to be added into an Audiobus audio chain was where it was added as an IAA input for Multitrack DAW which is in the input slot of Audiobus.

• @funjunkie27 said:

No....any or no effects can be used in the effects slot. All that @tonappas was showing was to use a non-AB app in AB (the non-AB app has to have IAA) is to load an AB app, with IAA, in an AB slot, then open the non-AB app in the AB app through IAA. I do this a good bit with Audioshare, but several others work as we'll.

Got it, though this could be the most confusing sentence I've read on this forum. What other apps besides MTD can function as both an AB input and IAA source?

• edited January 2015

There are lots of them, here are some that I know work: Audioshare

Yamaha Tenor-I and MMS

Probably any DAW like MTD and BM2

Thesys

I'm sure it can keep going. It's probably best on the CPU to use a lightweight app though.

• Ok, I didn't see too many in my list of apps that could do this, including my DAW. Looks like Audioshare is the ticket, for me at least.

• "this could be the most confusing sentence I've read on this forum"...is there a prize? ;-)

• AudioShare 2.7 doesn't work with this method like previous versions had but MultiTrack DAW 3.4.9 in Audiobus 2.1.8 on iOS 8.1.2 on an iPad Air 2 does. You can hear the sound in Audioshare but it doesn't forward it on to apps further up in the sound chain.