Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Made a sort of beginners guide to single cycle waveforms on koala sampler…

I know posting it here is like teaching your grandmother to suck eggs but I did another down and dirty koala sampler guide if anyones interested

Comments

• Thanks for sharing

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Poppadocrock said:
    Thanks for sharing

Thanks to you!!

@AppJunky said:

@sevenape said:
    I know posting it here is like teaching your grandmother to suck eggs but I did another down and dirty koala sampler guide if anyones interested

👵🥚I don’t think it is.

This and your lo-fi ambient tape loops vid was inspiring and gets you (me) to open up Koala and experiment. Which is great when you are searching for a new and unique sound in a track.

Even if/when we know about stuff, when it’s presented well, and so humbly, it’s a pleasure to watch.

You are so much better at this than you think 🙂

…and the Adventure Kid Single Cycle Wave Forms are also a bonus 👍

Man! Thanks so so much for watching and saying lovely things! I’m glad it could be at least a little bit interesting! Thank you! Xxx

• Nice. I was using audiolayer for single cycles but this is a more straightforward workflow. Thanks for the vid.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ecamburn said:
    Nice. I was using audiolayer for single cycles but this is a more straightforward workflow. Thanks for the vid.

Thanks for watching! I’ve yet to find anything as easy as koala for sample chopping.

@AppJunky said:

@sevenape said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Thanks for sharing

Thanks to you!!

@AppJunky said:

@sevenape said:

👵🥚I don’t think it is.

This and your lo-fi ambient tape loops vid was inspiring and gets you (me) to open up Koala and experiment. Which is great when you are searching for a new and unique sound in a track.

Even if/when we know about stuff, when it’s presented well, and so humbly, it’s a pleasure to watch.

You are so much better at this than you think 🙂

…and the Adventure Kid Single Cycle Wave Forms are also a bonus 👍

Man! Thanks so so much for watching and saying lovely things! I’m glad it could be at least a little bit interesting! Thank you! Xxx

It is interesting, you’re interesting and it’s very watchable 🙂

Thank you again! Xxx

• Pretty, pretty cool. Many thnx.

• I think it's useful to import a row or 2 of these samples in Koala and then use the "Mixing" feature where you pick up samples and drop them into an empty plot and select "Mix".
    It's easy to build something more sonically complex using trial and error. I just shift into performance mode and slide around to here some quick scales based on this composite sound sample. Add extra FX and tuning the Attack and Release is also useful to see if you have "invented" a new sound without laboring over a lot of knobs.

Koala makes a useful instrument loader for these new sounds driven by external MIDI controllers or Sequencers.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Pretty, pretty cool. Many thnx.

Thanks for watching! > @McD said:

I think it's useful to import a row or 2 of these samples in Koala and then use the "Mixing" feature where you pick up samples and drop them into an empty plot and select "Mix".
    It's easy to build something more sonically complex using trial and error. I just shift into performance mode and slide around to here some quick scales based on this composite sound sample. Add extra FX and tuning the Attack and Release is also useful to see if you have "invented" a new sound without laboring over a lot of knobs.

Koala makes a useful instrument loader for these new sounds driven by external MIDI controllers or Sequencers.

Brilliant thanks for the tip!!!

• The Koala generated samples are also useful in a more powerful sampler app like AudioLayer that responds to pitch bend, adds 8 high quality FX, volume layering and a lot more. I do find some of the basic editing steps Koala excels at to be cumbersome in AudioLayer. Drag and drop from the File app or SampleCrate can't be beat when shopping for just the right bricks to build a fence.

• Very cool. Interesting use of Koala's feature and working with a single cycle of the waveform.

• Single cycles are LIFE! This is one of my absolute favourite techniques in Koala and so few people seem to use it. I love that you've made this video, man.

Resampling takes it amazing places too. If you hold the dub effect on the tiniest amount it gives you a kind of Karplus-Strong sound too. Combining the input effects with the performance effects is massively powerful, plus resampling the resample is another glorious tool (but if you double down the reverb, keep filtering off the lows or it swamps)

• @sevenape Thanks for doing this. I bought Koala a while back, but haven’t really used it that much. This looks like a really useful method of bringing it into my work.

• Thanks for the extra tips and kind words everyone! Definitely some more advanced methods than I know!!!

• Thanks for this thread. I’ve slowly been getting into Koala more since I realized how much fun and immediate Loopy Pro is. I’ve gotten some really good sounding stuff (at least things that I don’t think sound like garbage the day after), but find LP to be pretty fiddly with size of the SE 2’s screen. The recent Koala based threads have been really interesting.

• Great video - thanks for posting 👍