Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

10 MIDI Tips Every Cubasis User Should Know

Want to improve your music production workflow? In this video we share 10 helpful tips when working with MIDI inside of Cubasis 3.

MIDI Panic (1:08)
MIDI Stretch (1:56)
Chord Pads (4:15)
Quantize Ends (6:36)
Follow Playhead (8:25)
Double Tap To Select All (9:49)
Edit Velocity (10:38)
Control Changes (11:36)
MIDI Scales (13:45)
MIDI FX (15:59)

Comments

• Thank you. Praise and appreciation for your hard work and excellent content.
    Sniping trolls can fuck right off.

• Excellent 😺 Thanks for making & sharing this! 👍🎹🎛🚀

• @CracklePot said:

Do you want us to fuck off before we troll? How is that different form someone the ignores the thread?
    At least a troll keeps the thread around for later comers to see it.

Seriously, good instructional videos are gravely appreciated… especially for the complex apps like these DAW’s
    Which can take months to learn a solid workflow.

• I just wanted to get in the first punch before all the idiotic “drive-by” accusations start flying again
    🤣

• @McD said:

@CracklePot said:

Do you want us to fuck off before we troll? How is that different form someone the ignores the thread?
    At least a troll keeps the thread around for later comers to see it.

Seriously, good instructional videos are gravely appreciated… especially for the complex apps like these DAW’s
    Which can take months to learn a solid workflow.

Hah I love you guys and this forum so much :) Never going to leave.

• edited June 2022

@CracklePot said:
    I just wanted to get in the first punch before all the idiotic “drive-by” accusations start flying again
    🤣

People are entitled to their opinions so all good, just super glad there's some folks out there digging what we're doing. Really trying to expand the iOS music space to as many people as possible, many years of plans left to execute :)

• @MobileMusicPro said:

@CracklePot said:
    I just wanted to get in the first punch before all the idiotic “drive-by” accusations start flying again
    🤣

People are entitled to their opinions so all good, just super glad there's some folks out there digging what we're doing. Really trying to expand the iOS music space to as many people as possible, many years of plans left to execute :)

You’re totally right about people and their opinions.

My opinion is that you do great, helpful iOS music related videos and should be welcomed around here, whenever you have time to post.

My opinion is also that you have had a shitstorm of negativity aimed at you recently, on this forum, for sharing a link to an excellent video that you worked hard on to create, and that is misdirected and unfair.

My opinion is also that most of your critics are just as guilty of what they accuse you of, but while you have a great, informative, substantial YouTube Channel, your critics don’t have jack shit to show that they are worthy of posting on here.

It seems like you take it all in stride, and are not wanting to engage with the idiotic mob. I respect that. 🙂

I usually don’t care and just try to ignore all that noise and negativity. But for some reason, I like you, enough to feel like posting in your defense.

I’ll shut the fuck up again now, just please keep doing your thing and posting here, too. 😁

• edited June 2022

You do good. You have a cool mom to name you Vortex. We’re getting a whippet puppy, his name will be Bodhi Arlo…. Meaning “Enlightened Manly One”, but Vortex is good, too.

Midi Panic…. Who knew?

As to velocity, I’d add if you want to change the volume of a group of notes just swipe across the group velocities and they all get highlighted and move in tandem.

• @CracklePot said:

@MobileMusicPro said:

@CracklePot said:
    🤣

You’re totally right about people and their opinions.

My opinion is that you do great, helpful iOS music related videos and should be welcomed around here, whenever you have time to post.

My opinion is also that you have had a shitstorm of negativity aimed at you recently, on this forum, for sharing a link to an excellent video that you worked hard on to create, and that is misdirected and unfair.

My opinion is also that most of your critics are just as guilty of what they accuse you of, but while you have a great, informative, substantial YouTube Channel, your critics don’t have jack shit to show that they are worthy of posting on here.

It seems like you take it all in stride, and are not wanting to engage with the idiotic mob. I respect that. 🙂

I usually don’t care and just try to ignore all that noise and negativity. But for some reason, I like you, enough to feel like posting in your defense.

I’ll shut the fuck up again now, just please keep doing your thing and posting here, too. 😁

Really can't thank you enough for your comments and your kind words :) Means the world to me to hear there's people out there like yourself who appreciate MMP.

• @LinearLineman said:
    You do good. You have a cool mom to name you Vortex. We’re getting a whippet puppy, his name will be Bodhi Arlo…. Meaning “Enlightened Manly One”, but Vortex is good, too.

Midi Panic…. Who knew?

As to velocity, I’d add if you want to change the volume of a group of notes just swipe across the group velocities and they all get highlighted and move in tandem.

Hah! Appreciate you Sam :)

• @LinearLineman said:
    Midi Panic…. Who knew?

That would make a good title for another album of Cubasis tracks. Just hit "MIDI Panic"
    at regular intervals.

Is it time to start trolling to keep this alive for another day? Just wake me up when you're ready for some abuse.

• When you watch the video don't forget to give him a thumbs up. Good vid!

• Great job as always, man. I’m always inspired to post something whenever I see your consistency.

• edited June 2022

I was pleasantly surprised to see how velocity editing works differently depending on the tool selected. With the draw tool you can draw ramps and shapes across multiple notes. With the select tool you can change the velocity of a single notes or a multiple selection. Great options imo.

• McDMcD
    edited June 2022

@MobileMusicPro - You should make a video showing how Scaler 2 MIDI output can be send into Cubasis so people can see the notes in a Piano Roll... it's a feature they want in Scaler 2. A Cubasis Project template with the MIDI channels assigned to tracks would make a nice download along with the video.

The tricky part is figuring out how to route the MIDI... AUM is one solution but might NOT be required.

How's that for a nice Troll?

• @McD said:
    @MobileMusicPro - You should make a video showing how Scaler 2 MIDI output can be send into Cubasis so people can see the notes in a Piano Roll... it's a feature they want in Scaler 2. A Cubasis Project template with the MIDI channels assigned to tracks would make a nice download along with the video.

The tricky part is figuring out how to route the MIDI... AUM is one solution but might NOT be required.

Already ahead of you bro! That's next week's video ;)

• @MobileMusicPro said:

@McD said:

Already ahead of you bro! That's next week's video ;)

That should be useful… I just tried a few attempts with mixed results so I’d like to see how you approach it.

• Anyone know if there is a way to reverse the note order in a midi clip?

• FPCFPC
    edited June 2022

Brilliant thank you. Embarrassed to admit I hadn’t even realised that Follow Playhead related to editing a pattern/clip and not just the overall sequencer timeline. Lol this would explain why I’ve been really frustrated that the playhead keeps skipping back to the start when I’m trying to edit individual notes on a pattern…. Dur :D

• Brilliant work @MobileMusicPro . Really appreciate all your efforts. Kudos. X

• @PhilW said:
    Anyone know if there is a way to reverse the note order in a midi clip?

Certainly can't do it in native Cubasis, perhaps some of those midi sequencer apps like Atom can do it.

• @FPC said:
    Brilliant thank you. Embarrassed to admit I hadn’t even realised that Follow Playhead related to editing a pattern/clip and not just the overall sequencer timeline. Lol this would explain why I’ve been really frustrated that the playhead keeps skipping back to the start when I’m trying to edit individual notes on a pattern…. Dur :D

It's crazy how we miss the little things, I'm just as guilty :)