Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synthmaster 2 update seems to have altered some presets - FIXED WITH 29/6 UPDATE

I've used @kv331audio_bulent's Synthmaster 2 within my live rig for the last 6 months. Although i'm using presets, it's much lighter than Synthmaster Player in AUM (the latter causes pops in my audio which isn't ideal).

I've just been playing around with some of the longstanding projects and the synth is suddenly not behaving as it was. I see the synth had an update last night. Some of the sounds seem to have been reset and I can't get them as they were

I've deleted and restored the app, even with a hard reset of the iPad to flush out the gremlins but still having problems.

A couple of patches to compare between SM2 and SM Player
AR Matrix Code - mod wheel set at a different rate
LD Venom - just sounds terrible now in SM2
LS 70s Lead - again different and not in a good way.

As these were presets I've no idea how to program the synth to get them back to their original state. But as I use SM2 a lot, this is really worrying me as I now need to go through all my live projects to see what is fine and what needs to be reworked.

Anyone else experienced altered sounds or behaviour? I'm on 2020 iPad Air 4

Comments

• edited June 2022

Dammit. Yes, I just experienced the incorrect sounds/patch. #1465 for me, PAD Entombed is the first so far. Has a strange delay even with the fx off. Checked every part of the patch and nothing seems to fix it. Not a sample rate issue. Restored the patches. Reinstalled the app. Cubasis 3. Tried to install the previous version from IMazing but it crashes on opening. This is truly horrifying when this happens after updates. iPad Air 5. Help! Many many projects using Synthmaster 2 @kv331audio_bulent @lbiyikoglu

• Hello, I'll check these presets asap

• Thanks for checking. One thing I did notice in the patches was the waveform used was incorrect. For example it stated it was e.g. a sawtooth waveform but was displaying a sine wave.

• @musikeer said:
    Dammit. Yes, I just experienced the incorrect sounds/patch. #1465 for me, PAD Entombed is the first so far. Has a strange delay even with the fx off. Checked every part of the patch and nothing seems to fix it. Not a sample rate issue. Restored the patches. Reinstalled the app. Cubasis 3. Tried to install the previous version from IMazing but it crashes on ooening. This is truly horrifying when this happens after updates. iPad Air 5. Help! Many many projects using Synthmaster 2 @kv331audio_bulent @lbiyikoglu

we can fix it in a short time no worries.

• @lbiyikoglu said:

@musikeer said:
    Dammit. Yes, I just experienced the incorrect sounds/patch. #1465 for me, PAD Entombed is the first so far. Has a strange delay even with the fx off. Checked every part of the patch and nothing seems to fix it. Not a sample rate issue. Restored the patches. Reinstalled the app. Cubasis 3. Tried to install the previous version from IMazing but it crashes on ooening. This is truly horrifying when this happens after updates. iPad Air 5. Help! Many many projects using Synthmaster 2 @kv331audio_bulent @lbiyikoglu

we can fix it in a short time no worries.

Great. Thanks, guys.

• Guys, we apologize for this issue. We're currently comparing the output of the latest version with our base engine version v2.9.8. Our latest v2.9.14 engine sounds the same so I suspect the iOS version is not in sync with the latest engine. @lbiyikoglu is working on this issue as we speak.

• Thanks for looking into this.

• @kv331audio_bulent Check Discord, one Windows user reports problems as well?

/DMfan🖤💔

• @kv331audio_bulent said:
    Guys, we apologize for this issue. We're currently comparing the output of the latest version with our base engine version v2.9.8. Our latest v2.9.14 engine sounds the same so I suspect the iOS version is not in sync with the latest engine. @lbiyikoglu is working on this issue as we speak.

This kind of rapid response is also confirmation that buying your everything bundle was money well spent. 👍

• Thanks as well for the quick response!

• Preset manager is a pain in the ass. Got all presets released both on iOS and on desktop and every intime I update the app is like a Russian roulette for the presets.
    I also have it on Mac and on windows and when I clicked restore presets the presets of Mac are slightly more then the presets I got restoring on windows.
    Complete chaos.
    I hope they will find a better preset management system and also an easiest way to restore them.

• Any progress on this yet? @kv331audio_bulent @lbiyikoglu

• edited June 2022

Speaking of presets, how do you export favorite presets from one device and import them on the other?? I've exported favorite presets and airdropped to another ipad and in SM2 on other ipad clicked import presets, but the "favouritepresets" file in the Files app is greyed out, and can't be selected. Is this not possible?

• Bumping this… any progress @kv331audio_bulent @lbiyikoglu? We’re on a release schedule!

• @musikeer said:
    Bumping this… any progress @kv331audio_bulent @lbiyikoglu? We’re on a release schedule!

We'll send to Apple for review today, it may take 2-3 days for them to review and approve the new release

• Excellent news! Thanks… if the app weren’t so great, I wouldn’t be so naggy :)

• version 1.0.12 just released :) This new version mainly addresses presets with altered sounds.

• The update is out, and the fix works perfectly! Thank you so so much for responding to this quickly.

• Looks like things have been fixed! Thanks @lbiyikoglu :)

• Great!

• @lbiyikoglu said:
    version 1.0.12 just released :) This new version mainly addresses presets with altered sounds.

Thanks.. such great synths..

• @swfarrington said:
    Looks like things have been fixed! Thanks @lbiyikoglu :)

You might want to update the thread title and add "...FIXED" or something like that.

• I'm having problems restoring my 'Synthmaster Player' IAPs into Synthmaster 2 on my new M1 iPadPro.
    ...this was and is NOT a problem on my old trusty iPad Air 2 but the new iPad just downloads a few banks and then stops.
    (Both use same AppleID and same iPadOS version).

Every time I try to download I have to 'register' and get 'spammed' with promo-mails (Bad PR!).
    It's at the point where I'm about to give up and totally forget Synthmaster 2 even exists shove it where the sun don't shine...

Sorry I'm feeling grumpy but this is the ONLY app I've ever bumped on iOS that has issues restoring IAPs!!!

Cheers!

• @NeuM said:

You might want to update the thread title and add "...FIXED" or something like that.

I went with something like that :smiley:

• @Samu said:
    I'm having problems restoring my 'Synthmaster Player' IAPs into Synthmaster 2 on my new M1 iPadPro.
    ...this was and is NOT a problem on my old trusty iPad Air 2 but the new iPad just downloads a few banks and then stops.
    (Both use same AppleID and same iPadOS version).

Every time I try to download I have to 'register' and get 'spammed' with promo-mails (Bad PR!).
    It's at the point where I'm about to give up and totally forget Synthmaster 2 even exists shove it where the sun don't shine...

Sorry I'm feeling grumpy but this is the ONLY app I've ever bumped on iOS that has issues restoring IAPs!!!

Cheers!

It took me a few attempts (judging by the number of emails I got, it was a fair few) but it did work in the end. I actually had more problems restoring my SM Player banks (they kept showing up Green in the list but no presets). Again all worked in the end although I'm not sure what I did differently.

• Hi @Samu . Did you configure your new iPad by restoring a backup? I had a possibly similar problem years ago, when I switched from iPad Air to iPad 6. The Simplenote app on the new iPad behaved like it was a clone of the app on the old device, and the two didn't work together. Deleting and reinstalling the app on the new device fixed it. I wonder if SM 2 has a similar problem. Could you try deleting it and reinstalling? Export any user presets first, of course.

• @swfarrington said:

It took me a few attempts (judging by the number of emails I got, it was a fair few) but it did work in the end. I actually had more problems restoring my SM Player banks (they kept showing up Green in the list but no presets). Again all worked in the end although I'm not sure what I did differently.

I'll just try to stay patient for a while and do the Restore IAPs for Synthmaster Player in the preset browser?!

Seems Like I have to repeat 'Restore IAPs' for Synthmaster Player until everything is downloaded?!

And tap 'OK' even on those that have not been downloaded and repeat the process, there's no LOGIC as to which IAP it's downloading at all, it downloads, sometimes it's a pack that is not yet installed sometimes it's one that already is installed.

To be totally honest it's the WORST IAP experience on iOS by a long shot...

• edited June 2022

@uncledave said:
    Hi @Samu . Did you configure your new iPad by restoring a backup? I had a possibly similar problem years ago, when I switched from iPad Air to iPad 6. The Simplenote app on the new iPad behaved like it was a clone of the app on the old device, and the two didn't work together. Deleting and reinstalling the app on the new device fixed it. I wonder if SM 2 has a similar problem. Could you try deleting it and reinstalling? Export any user presets first, of course.

I've tried deleting and re-installing the app, It's a 'fresh' iPad setup so no previous backup is used.
    Naturally I use the same AppleID and Same Wifi-Network etc. and all other apps have installed and restored IAPs perfectly!

I even tried deleting and re-installing it on my iPad Air 2 and it worked perfectly in ONE GO!

This is the only app that is causing me head-aches...
    And it's quite weird that sometimes the packs that are already installed get deleted?!

I'll just keep on repeating the process until I get all the packs downloaded still missing 8 or so after almost one hour of 'Restore IAP mayhem' in SM2.

If this was an app developed by me I would run into to the corner of shame...
    (If it does downloads or processing without indication it needs to be fixed).

Downloading the 'Public Presets' from the cloud fails, after a while it says 'no server connection' and nothing is downloaded...

Cheers!

• One more go, if it doesn't work now I will never install anything from this company ever again.

• @lbiyikoglu Something is definitely not working properly with the the IAP restore procedure in Synth Master 2!

When I select 'Restore IAPs for Synthmaster Player' it seems like the app picks and downloads a file at random and in some cases when the download has finished an already loaded bank can just 'vanishes' or the app 'crashes'.

Why not simply allow us to pick pack in the 'KV311 Audio Shop' and just restore it???

I can filter by 'Purchased' and select a pack and when I tap Restore IAP the only options are the 'native' SM2 IAPs ('Desktop Presets Upgrade' in my case) and the Synthmaster Player IAPs can't be selected in the list even when I can filter them out at see the as 'Purchased' in the app.

I finally got the cloud patches downloaded but even that took several attempts and required multiple re-install of the app to avoid 'sever errors'...

On top of that each attempt to try and download the IAPs results in an avalanche of 'spam/promo mail'.

To be totally honest SM2 is pretty close to the worst IAP experience on iOS!
    (I'm setting up my new M1 iPadPro and SM2 is the only app from a coupe of hundred that gives me these kind of IAP head-aches!).

Sure the problem might be 'solved' if I buy the full SM2 expansions instead of trying to restore those from Syntmaster Player but that's a route I will NOT take, sorry...

Cheers!
    /Samuel