Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Steel Guitar PRO by Yonac Inc.

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1619441235

Description:

Steel Guitar PRO is a highly advanced guitar processor that combines cutting-edge realtime audio generation with a truly expressive control interface. It provides many unique guitar models, built-in amps & FX processing, MIDI control, AUv3, and wide-ranging customizability.

:: Control Surface ::

Steel Guitar PRO features a powerful yet familiar control interface. Simply touch the strings to “pick,” and drag the slide bar to modulate pitch. By enabling enhanced slide control, you can even use multiple touches to tilt the slide bar, or dampen the strings. Fretboard dimension, string spacing, and pick guard size are all configurable. A high level of resolution enables minute pitch control and realistic vibrato. Settings let you vary guitar tone, sustain and release times, touch behavior, slide bar auxiliary control, handedness, and more.

:: Guitars ::

Steel Guitar PRO provides you with an arsenal of guitars to choose from: unique examples of humbuckers, single coils, P90s, and more. Instruments include many 6 string guitars, as well as 8- and 10-string steel guitar variants. Each family of instruments comes with many tuning to choose from, but you can also create and save your own. In addition, you have up to seven virtual “pedals” to bend individual or collections of string — much like a pedal steel. The pedals can be actuated by slightly tilting the device, or via MIDI, or even with the fretting touch. All of this is configurable by the user.

:: Built-In FX Processing ::

Steel Guitar PRO incorporates a virtual signal chain where you can put amps and FX in any combination. The included dozen amps and 20 FX are all custom tuned to evoke the best tones from the guitar processor. Each amp or effect features multiple parameters to precisely modify its tone and feel. These parameters are MIDI-mappable, so that you can control them via an external device. The amp collection covers a broad spectrum from bell-like cleans to thick overdrive. The FX include many analog inspired “pedals” that range from overdrives, distortions, mods, delays, reverbs, to beyond.

:: AUv3 & MIDI ::

Steel Guitar PRO can also be used as an AUv3 MIDI plugin. We developed a custom MIDI sub-protocol so that Steel Guitar PRO and its powerful control interface can run seamlessly inside an AUv3 host. You can also use a traditional MIDI keyboard or device to play Steel Guitar PRO, which readily accommodates MIDI pitch & mod wheels, and key velocity as well.

:: Useful Features ::

Steel Guitar PRO includes a comprehensive preset management system that allows you to save, modify, and share any number of your “rigs.” The standalone app also includes a handy “tape deck” where you can record, play, loop and import/export audio. MIDI learn feature is easy and intuitive to use, but also offers deeper customization. All audio processing is done in the highest resolution, natively and without resampling at rates up to 96kHz. The fluid user interface integrates readily with many different AUv3 hosts.

Details:
Universal: Yes
Minimum OS version: 14.0
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• This is pretty cool. For you guitarists out there, what’s your thoughts?

• Oooh, instabuy!
    I have always hoped this app would by an AUV3 with proper MIDI implementation

• I’m a guitarist, and it is really hard to play; but that is also true of most lap steel guitars. Apart from the state saving, I’m not sure what’s the benefit is for an AU over the original. I don’t think it I ever got it receive midi, though I might be wrong?

• auv3 midi is not really "AUv3 & MIDI"

• edited June 2022

Holy... THIS is what I've been waiting for!

Ah..

Think I found a 'bug'. There's no mute function with a second finger press on the fretboard that's not on the slider. So there's no way to mute.

• Insta buy but it’s taking ages to download I don’t know what is going on. At least 15 min and is not even on 25%

• godgod
    edited June 2022

How does it play inside cubasis? How does it compare with GeoShred? I’m tempted to buy but hard on the fence..

• @Ailerom said:
    auv3 midi is not really "AUv3 & MIDI"

Not trolling. What does that mean?

• @Ben said:

@Ailerom said:

"auv3 & midi" to me means auv3 plugin and some sort of midi functionality, like external app control or auv3 midi plugin. This is ONLY an auv3 midi plugin, so just a controller. Or, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I’m a guitarist, and it is really hard to play; but that is also true of most lap steel guitars. Apart from the state saving, I’m not sure what’s the benefit is for an AU over the original. I don’t think it I ever got it receive midi, though I might be wrong?

Agreed. I still have the original on my iPhone. But I’ve found it next to impossible to record anything useable playing it..

• @Halftone said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    I’m a guitarist, and it is really hard to play; but that is also true of most lap steel guitars. Apart from the state saving, I’m not sure what’s the benefit is for an AU over the original. I don’t think it I ever got it receive midi, though I might be wrong?

Agreed. I still have the original on my iPhone. But I’ve found it next to impossible to record anything useable playing it..

I have the original on iPad also and have the pro upgrades within the app. I’m wondering if I have all that’s in this new one sans auv3. Not sure I’ll bite on this one because the original with pro upgrades is fine for how much I use it.

• @CapnWillie said:

@Ailerom said:

@Ben said:

@Ailerom said:

"auv3 & midi" to me means auv3 plugin and some sort of midi functionality, like external app control or auv3 midi plugin. This is ONLY an auv3 midi plugin, so just a controller. Or, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Really?!🤔

That would explain the price. I was thinking it was an audio generating guitar instrument with several types of guitar types, amps, etc.

*edit. It’s definitely an instrument. AUv3 + Midi controller like the description said.

It’s an AUV3 instrument too, playing it in AUM now!

• It’s an instrument you can play it with midi as AUv3

I discovered a bug. If you deselect “load guitar from preset” from settings and change preset the plug-in stay silent until you changue the guitar.

Very nice plug-in but I need a midi guitar strummer now.

• All these awesome releases, Christmas in June!

• @CapnWillie said:

@Ailerom said:

@Ben said:

@Ailerom said:

Really?!🤔

That would explain the price. I was thinking it was an audio generating guitar instrument with several types of guitar types, amps, etc.

*edit. It’s definitely an instrument. AUv3 + Midi controller like the description said.

YOU MUST BUY THIS.

• edited June 2022

OK, just tested as an AU in GarageBand and you can play the guitar using your own keyboard! Excellent.

But I’m still not seeing a separate setting for mute when you use the built in Steel Guitar Pro UI. Anyone here find it yet?

• Here’s a quick lil preset demo from the first time opening this app. I really like this.

• @NeuM said:
    OK, just tested as an AU in GarageBand and you can play the guitar using your own keyboard! Excellent.

But I’m still not seeing a separate setting for mute when you use the built in Steel Guitar Pro UI. Anyone here find it yet?

Upper right corner? There is a damp button

I did a tiny little jam with four chords on steel guitar and Drambo strummer:

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@CapnWillie said:

@Ailerom said:

@Ben said:

@Ailerom said:

Really?!🤔

It’s an AUV3 instrument too, playing it in AUM now!

Well there you have it. I was wrong. Apologies everyone.

• @CapnWillie said:

@cokomairena said:

@NeuM said:

👀 🫵🏽you did a good thing right there. How do we convince you to do a quick drambo-strum/steel guitar setup flick?

I’m uploading it right now

• edited June 2022

@CapnWillie said:

@cokomairena said:

@NeuM said:

👀 🫵🏽you did a good thing right there. How do we convince you to do a quick drambo-strum/steel guitar setup flick?

Here you go:

Edit: Forgive that I selected an A minor on the circle and the choose an A major! Same thing with the C chord lol, but you get the idea

• @CapnWillie said:

@cokomairena said:

@CapnWillie said:

@cokomairena said:

@NeuM said:

Here you go:

Bonus tonality sighting too. Smooth. I was just thinking Scaler but I love Tonality too so much thanks 🙏🏽 !

You can also manually strum inside tonality with the strum option 👍🏼👍🏼

• Thank you @Yonac! I’ve been hoping for an AUv3 MIDI IN capable “Steel Guitar Pro” app… You nailed it! It’s got 8 Lap and Pedal Steel models AND 10 Slide Guitars. Dozens of Amps and FX stomp boxes.

This will cost more later, I expect.

NOTE: You can’t use it as a FX unit. I looked right away after seeing all those ToneStack devices.
    There is a tape recorded build in just like in ToneStack.

• edited June 2022

@cokomairena said:

@NeuM said:

No, that's not it. That's for continuous muting. If you've used the first Steel Guitar, you can mute using your left hand with a second finger, not touching the slider part. It appears the folks at Yonac forgot that very important function, or they haven't figured it out yet?

Hope it will be added soon, otherwise I'll keep this one for the great guitar sounds, but I'll have to use the old one to play what I'm used to.

• Here was me thinking I would be spending most of this morning playing with Scaler 2, what an unexpected surprise. I have not looked in to what kind of MIDI it sends out but as far as I can tell it plays back faithfully what was sent to it in MIDI Tape Recorder.

Even if you ignore the slide aspect of this, it is a good deal for a decent set of playable guitar sounds. Works with Velocity KB as a controller, though you need to make sure the pitch bend matches the default of 2. Not yet figured out which MIDI output format this responds best to and whether MPE makes a difference.

• This is great for guitar sounds with a midi keyboard. I doubt you'd pick it as a software instrument in a mix.

• edited June 2022

@MisplacedDevelopment said:
    Here was me thinking I would be spending most of this morning playing with Scaler 2, what an unexpected surprise. I have not looked in to what kind of MIDI it sends out but as far as I can tell it plays back faithfully what was sent to it in MIDI Tape Recorder.

Even if you ignore the slide aspect of this, it is a good deal for a decent set of playable guitar sounds. Works with Velocity KB as a controller, though you need to make sure the pitch bend matches the default of 2. Not yet figured out which MIDI output format this responds best to and whether MPE makes a difference.

Can you use Velocity KB to bend just one note of a chord? For example holding CDG and bending the D up to an E while the C and G stay the same?

• This is absolutely fantastic. Thanks Yonac

• edited June 2022

@Spud said:
    This is great for guitar sounds with a midi keyboard. I doubt you'd pick it as a software instrument in a mix.

I've been using Steel Guitar for something like... 6 or 7(!) years now and it's still my most used app. Despite some degree of difficulty using it, I've been able to get 100% convincing guitar sounds. It is unmatched by any available alternatives I know of. And Steel Guitar Pro sounds even better, if you can believe it.

• edited June 2022

@maxwellhouser You can do that but I have noticed an odd behaviour where if you slide a lower note and then hit a higher note while still holding the lower note then the lower note is retriggered at the same time as the higher note plays. This could be a KB or Steel Guitar config thing but is not the expected behaviour.