Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone got a Behringer Neutron?

Was thinking of picking one up. Any thoughts?

Comments

• If you want to start an eurorack or semi-modular equipment, it is very good.

As a "sonic platform" is very capable.

In my case, I use it with 0-coast and a little eurorack case processing.

For me, the best use for Neutron is like a dual-paraphonic synth.

• I do the same. It’s a nice pair with the 0-Coast.
    It sounds great, nice bass sounds and distortion. I don’t use the bucket delay as an effect but sometimes use it as a delay to offset voices. It has loads of utility functions. Very good value I would say.
    I was looking for something that would replace my Korg MS2000 as a general VA and it does the job (I can’t bring myself to sell the MS2000 just yet though)

Lots of info on YT and muffwiggler to help the decision. I would say it is generally liked. I’m going to keep mine.

PS think about investing in a different faceplate if you do go for it €30 we’ll spent I recon

• I’ve been watching YouTube vids of generative patches and drones that sound amazing.

• edited June 2022

I have one. Loadsa fun. Does a mean Krell patch. Available for cheap second hand. Bear in mind Behringer are teasing a sort-of Mk 2, the Proton: https://www.gearnews.com/behringer-proton-a-neutron-beating-patching-monster/, though who knows when it will actually appear in the shops. If it was any time soon, that would probably be a good time to pick up a s/h Neutron…

• @Svetlovska said:
    I have one. Loadsa fun. Available for cheap second hand. Bear in mind Behringer are teasing a sort-of Mk 2, the Proton: https://www.gearnews.com/behringer-proton-a-neutron-beating-patching-monster/, though who knows when it will actually appear in the shops.

Yes given the supply chain problems, a whole host of releases look to be delayed, the DFAM clone had a video promo and is still not yet available.

• Used a friend's a couple times. Great synth. Agreed with all other mentions.

I really like the character of the delay as well. It's extremely noisy so it's not like a daily-driver delay or anything but it's pitch-shifting and "lo-fi"-ness of it is great, imo.

• @CalCutta said:
    I really like the character of the delay as well. It's extremely noisy so it's not like a daily-driver delay or anything but it's pitch-shifting and "lo-fi"-ness of it is great, imo.

Yeah. Great for ambient drones etc... It's one of the things that I really like about it and it's real analogue BBD delay.

• I’ve got one. Like it a lot. For a bit more the Dreadbox Typhon is on sale I think. It’s great and with an on board sequencer.

• My neighbor has one and he did a little demo with a few additional fun Eurorack modules:

• I have it and its a very capable synth with plenty of patching in it, though being lazy I prefer ipad and it mostly collects dust :)
    If youre into modular and willing to forget its behringer and some of their questionable practices - good stuff.

• @rs2000 said:
    My neighbor has one and he did a little demo with a few additional fun Eurorack modules:

Possibly the craziest demo I've ever heard.

• edited June 2022

I had one. Well 2 actually because the first one was defective. It was an okay synth. But I’m kinda tired of being burned by Behringer stuff so I stray away now. There are a lot of other semi modular synths in that price range that I’d rather have.

Look into the Minibrute 2s or the new Cre8Audio synths.

• It’s great value for money, and sounds fantastic when played through a large bass amp (optional).

I tend to sequence it with iPad or Mac apps, which gives some great results.

• @Svetlovska said:
    I have one. Loadsa fun. Does a mean Krell patch. Available for cheap second hand. Bear in mind Behringer are teasing a sort-of Mk 2, the Proton: https://www.gearnews.com/behringer-proton-a-neutron-beating-patching-monster/, though who knows when it will actually appear in the shops. If it was any time soon, that would probably be a good time to pick up a s/h Neutron…

There’s no random source on the proton, at least not unless they change it. So for a lot of uses Neutron > Proton.