Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fosfat by Klevgränd produkter AB

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1627529212

Description:

Fosfat – Transient Fertilizer, will add bite and oomph to your beat. It enriches your percussive sounds by following the dynamic of the incoming sound and adding tonal and noise textures to it. We think of it almost like an EQ, in the way it shapes the sound, but it adds instead of cutting or boosting. It’s perfect for when you have a nutrient deficient recording (lacking bass or attack in the kick for example), or if you just want to add some extra sub or pleasant stereo fizz to any percussive sound.

In addition to the obvious option of using multiple instances of Fosfat across your drum tracks, the possibility to precisely dial in it’s trigger lets you pinpoint any frequency area or transient of your choice in recordings of whole drum kits or any drum loop sample, thus giving you a very efficient and musical way of enhancing specific parts. Together with an oscillator, noise, low and high cut filters, stereo width, gain and more, you have a beat-fertilizing hothouse letting your percussive sounds really grow and bloom.

Features:
• Multiple audio-visualizations makes dialing in accurate settings very easy
• Controls for trigger frequency and width respectively
• Sine wave oscillator with optional pitch drop
• Noise with adjustable stereo width
• Attack and release
• Low cut and high cut filters
• 4 instances of volume control
• Wave rendition

Details:
Universal: No
Minimum OS version: 13.0
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• There's a video here:

• Transient fertilizer?

• This looks inspiring!

• Pro Tip / Free Tip ....

use a sidechained gate to open and close any source audio to layer with your drums. Oscillators, noise, found sound, etc etc

• @shinyisshiny : interesting. Might you be able to post a screenshot/point me at a video/ and/or offer a step by step explanation how to set this up in AUM? I’ve never really understood how this side chaining thing works, to my shame.

• Hello everybody.
    Here is my walkthrough video for the new Fosfat app from Klevgränd.
    I'm using it in Cubasis 3, I hope it gives you an idea if this is for you.

• edited June 2022

• It really is tasty as hell!
    I was genuinely surprised how well it worked on different sources

• Looks interesting, how's CPU on this one?

• @CapnWillie said:

@Gavinski said:
    It really is tasty as hell!

Nice! I’m still in the middle of watching that other vid you posted lol. Good stuff! Glad to see you back in the fold and hope you’re health has improved and this finds you well 🙏🏽

Thanks Willie, well, eyes not brilliant but overall not too bad! Really back in the mood for iOS stuff at the moment, I will say!

@auxmux said:
    Looks interesting, how's CPU on this one?

Cpu is very minimal - I just let all the tracks on my vid above play at the same time. Total dsp was 33% with 3 Fosfats running. When I deleted all 3 Fosfats the dsp dropped to 22. So really light.

• FPCFPC
    edited June 2022

@CapnWillie said:

@Svetlovska said:
    @shinyisshiny : interesting. Might you be able to post a screenshot/point me at a video/ and/or offer a step by step explanation how to set this up in AUM? I’ve never really understood how this side chaining thing works, to my shame.

+1. More for me please. I think Cubasis 3 does sidechaining too.

A quick and easy setup in CB3:

Set up a loop of some drums. For speed I just used one of the Cubasis built-in audio drum loops and time stretched it to fit.
    Next I recorded some white noise from Bleass Monolit across the whole looped section. I froze this to convert it audio.
    Next add a channel strip to the white noise track and point the Sidechain Input Track (to the left of the "R" and "W" buttons at the top of the channel strip window) to the drum track.
    For clarity disable the noise gate. Play with the compressor controls until you get some interesting rhythmical white noise splashes.

Works great and obviously you don't have to use just white noise...

Still gonna get the app though. Love Klevgrand percussion apps <3

Great demo @Gavinski nice looped drum workshop loop with background chatter. I use Koala on my phone for grabbing snippets of this kinda thing.

• @FPC said:

@CapnWillie said:

@Svetlovska said:
    @shinyisshiny : interesting. Might you be able to post a screenshot/point me at a video/ and/or offer a step by step explanation how to set this up in AUM? I’ve never really understood how this side chaining thing works, to my shame.

+1. More for me please. I think Cubasis 3 does sidechaining too.

A quick and easy setup in CB3:

Set up a loop of some drums. For speed I just used one of the Cubasis built-in audio drum loops and time stretched it to fit.
    Next I recorded some white noise from Bleass Monolit across the whole looped section. I froze this to convert it audio.
    Next add a channel strip to the white noise track and point the Sidechain Input Track (to the left of the "R" and "W" buttons at the top of the channel strip window) to the drum track.
    For clarity disable the noise gate. Play with the compressor controls until you get some interesting rhythmical white noise splashes.

Works great and obviously you don't have to use just white noise...

Still gonna get the app though. Love Klevgrand percussion apps <3

Great demo @Gavinski nice looped drum workshop loop with background chatter. I use Koala on my phone for grabbing snippets of this kinda thing.

Thnx! Caelum have a lot of free sample packs like this btw on their site. This was from a drum circle at Stonehenge haha.

• FPCFPC
    edited June 2022

Ahhh @Gavinski just seen your demo/win stuff thread! I thought you'd been hanging with summer solstice hippies at Stonehenge!
    It's strange; I'm happy to use synth presets and even steal midi drum loops (thanks Drum Computer) but samples like this have gotta be mine! Doesn't matter if it's crap as long as I sampled it :D

• @Gavinski said:

@CapnWillie said:

@Gavinski said:

Nice! I’m still in the middle of watching that other vid you posted lol. Good stuff! Glad to see you back in the fold and hope you’re health has improved and this finds you well 🙏🏽

Thanks Willie, well, eyes not brilliant but overall not too bad! Really back in the mood for iOS stuff at the moment, I will say!

@auxmux said:
    Looks interesting, how's CPU on this one?

Cpu is very minimal - I just let all the tracks on my vid above play at the same time. Total dsp was 33% with 3 Fosfats running. When I deleted all 3 Fosfats the dsp dropped to 22. So really light.

Good to hear, thanks. I haven't bought anything from them in a while but this looks good.

• @FPC said:
    Ahhh @Gavinski just seen your demo/win stuff thread! I thought you'd been hanging with summer solstice hippies at Stonehenge!
    It's strange; I'm happy to use synth presets and even steal midi drum loops (thanks Drum Computer) but samples like this have gotta be mine! Doesn't matter if it's crap as long as I sampled it :D

I wish!

• @Gavinski said:

Since I’m not able to view the video at this moment, isn’t this more or less competition with Caelum Audio’s “Beef”?

• Strange plugin.

• @Svetlovska @CapnWillie and everyone else, HIGHLY recommend you watch this video on creative gating using the radio.... Beepstreet Radio will come in handy for this one..

• @shinyisshiny said:
    Pro Tip / Free Tip ....

use a sidechained gate to open and close any source audio to layer with your drums. Oscillators, noise, found sound, etc etc

or an envelope follower

• Very interested in this. Klevgrand has become one of my all time favorite after all those amazing percussion apps they released over the last year. Definitely gonna be getting it this weekend.

• Now that I have a TX-6 that works directly with iPhone, I really long for more of these new apps to make it to iPhone

• @wahnfrieden said:
    Now that I have a TX-6 that works directly with iPhone, I really long for more of these new apps to make it to iPhone

How do you like it? I’m very tempted by this right now. So pricey though. Is it worth it?

• I wish they had expanded on the synth/noise side of things a bit. It's a little limited to me. Even some basic modulation would have given it a heap more range. I suppose it has a bit of a laser focus though which is fine. I just wouldn't use it for that. Imagine a sample loader instead of just one flavour of noise.

• I wish tx6 had none of synth etc and was even $400 cheaper.

• @shinyisshiny said:
    @Svetlovska @CapnWillie and everyone else, HIGHLY recommend you watch this video on creative gating using the radio.... Beepstreet Radio will come in handy for this one..

Nice! Just watched the video. Right up my street.

BeepStreet's Radio Unit right?

I'm exclusively Cubasis and previously gave up on Tube AU because their was no way I could see of getting the YouTube audio to record. It was shit basically. Still this is very cheap so will buy. Cheers.

• @HotStrange said:

@wahnfrieden said:
    Now that I have a TX-6 that works directly with iPhone, I really long for more of these new apps to make it to iPhone

How do you like it? I’m very tempted by this right now. So pricey though. Is it worth it?

Since I'm committed to mobile setups, it's completely worth it for me to ditch the Focusrite, and gain the ability to use my iPhone and not just the iPad. It pushed me to adopt bluetooth midi (via WIDI as needed) everywhere to reduce wires. It also offloads a few things that were taking over CPU and battery on the iPad.

But the worst part is you can only have channels send to or from USB besides one stereo channel, so I can't really mix soft and hard instruments together via it

• @oat_phipps said:
    Strange plugin.

😂 Strangely I don’t get it yet

• @Ailerom said:
    I wish they had expanded on the synth/noise side of things a bit. It's a little limited to me. Even some basic modulation would have given it a heap more range. I suppose it has a bit of a laser focus though which is fine. I just wouldn't use it for that. Imagine a sample loader instead of just one flavour of noise.

You could make your own in Drambo. One (BP) or two filters (HP & LP) before the transient detector module, use the generated gate to trigger whatever.

• @Strigoi said:

@Ailerom said:
    I wish they had expanded on the synth/noise side of things a bit. It's a little limited to me. Even some basic modulation would have given it a heap more range. I suppose it has a bit of a laser focus though which is fine. I just wouldn't use it for that. Imagine a sample loader instead of just one flavour of noise.

You could make your own in Drambo. One (BP) or two filters (HP & LP) before the transient detector module, use the generated gate to trigger whatever.

Yeah this is what I meant by strange. Very very easy to rig up yourself. Feels like a quick toss-off and from the sounds of it is really pretty limited use.