Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro Update Version 1.0.13

App "Loopy Pro: Looper DAW Sampler"

Developer: A Tasty Pixel
URL: https://apps.apple.com/app/loopy-pro-looper-daw-sampler/id1492670451

Minimum OS Version: 12.0
Universal: Yes
Price: Free

DESCRIPTION:

Loopy Pro is a live-looper. And a sampler. And a sequencer. And a very capable AUv3 Audio Unit host. And a DAW. And an AUv3 Audio Unit.

You get the idea. Loopy Pro is deep. But it's also designed to be friendly, and a great deal of fun.

You can set up Loopy Pro to work however you do, with features like hands-free looping with count-in, count-out and automatic loop detection; or "free" looping, where you can choose on-the-fly how long to make loops. There's even retrospective recording, where you can lock in a loop after the fact.

There's extensive MIDI controller support, including built-in support for the Launchpad and the APC40 mk2, and effortless MIDI Learn for setting up your controllers.

You can also drag-and-drop audio straight onto loops in Loopy Pro, with sophisticated tempo and pitch adjustments, and use Loopy Pro as a clip launcher, with all kinds of options for song sectioning.

The built-in mixer lets you set up insert and send effects for every channel in your project, and load AUv3 Audio Unit instruments, effects, and MIDI sequencers.

And there's a built-in sequencer, for arranging songs, and even performing them live, totally automated and hands-free.

There's also a great deal still to come.

So, what are you reading this for? Go take Loopy Pro for a spin – there's a 7-day free trial just waiting for you.

Have fun!

• Michael
    loopypro.com

Join other Loopy Pro users on Discord, Facebook or the forums - loopypro.com/communities

Loopy Pro's Pricing Structure:

Loopy Pro has a pricing structure that mimics the classic desktop software model, in order to enable continued development:

• A 7-Day Free Trial, so you can make an informed purchasing decision.
• A one-off In-App Purchase to buy the app: to keep, forever.
– This gets you permanent access to all current features, and all those added in the following 12 months.
– It also gets you bug and compatibility fixes for the lifetime of the app.
• A completely optional "Upgrade" In-App Purchase, available any time from 12 months after initial purchase, to buy the latest features and all those released in the following 12 months, to keep forever. Upgrade once, or every year, or just when there's a new feature you want, or never upgrade after the initial purchase – it's completely up to you. And you keep what you buy, forever.
• This will allow Loopy Pro to continue evolving for years to come, while letting me support my family.

RELEASE NOTES: Version 1.0.13

See what's coming next in Loopy Pro, help guide development and follow specific features at LP's roadmap: roadmap.loopypro.com

• Added “Phase Preservation” recording setting, which controls whether or not LP will rotate a new loop to align the start (on by default). When on, loops will now reliably maintain the phase with current playing loops
  • Added “Loop” mode for record count-in/out quantization setting
  • When counting-out record with no count-in, count out based on recording length rather than clock position
  • Added “Auto Count Out” setting for one-shots (in clip details screen, or via actions; off, by default)
  • Added title field to clip details popover, visible above waveform after pulling up
  • Added double-tap or hold on value label on any slider to open text field
  • Added support for one-shot playback quantisation using UI
  • Set clip title to filename on import of audio file
  • Fixed post-record initial loop playback delay when auto loop detection is on
  • Fixed a save points issue with large AUv3 save state, where only latest save state was kept
  • Fixed a project save issue that could result in missing AUv3 saved state
  • Fixed second tap to stop current fade-out and stop immediately
  • Fixed layer progression error with overdub on a hold action
  • Fixed X-Y pad mapping reset issue when reloading projects
  • Fixed white sequencer segments
  • Fixed some one-shot overdubbing issues
  • Allow MIDI trigger holds and double-taps resulting in a record toggle to pre-empt taps and perform immediately, to avoid delays
  • Remember metronome on/off state when saving projects
  • Revised EQ/Lowpass/etc node UI to hide callout when ending drag, rather than showing larger callout
  • Fixed conflict issue with overdub-after-record and tail recording
  • Stop recording non-hold-to-play one shots on release, not on press
  • Restart timeline to beginning on MIDI clock stop
  • When overdubbing a playing one-shot, disable audio threshold record start
  • Fixed count-ins when using clock “Perform Count-In” setting
  • Enable record count-in for “hold to record” actions
  • Fixed stuck on/highlit loop state when using “Wait For Playback” and count-in, and stopping clock before count-in ends
  • Improved count-in/out display indication to reflect actual delay interval
  • Fixed a possible crash on paste
  • Fixed issue with clip exporter if project, group, or clip name contains non-filesystem-safe characters
  • Fixed a possible crash during recording
  • Some optimisations for directory listing with large folder structures
  • Fixed crash when opening initial loop edit screen after recording empty audio source
  • Fixed incorrect step size for "MIDI Controller" AUv3 parameter unit type
  • Fixed memory leak of pre-fader effects on master output channel when starting new projects
  • Revised AUv3 parameter value update to use different iOS AUv3 API mechanism: prior one was buggy and caused hangs. This should fix a lot of hang crashes when using AUv3s.
  • Moved AUv3 allocation to background thread to avoid possible hangs due to AUv3 bug

Comments

• I hope all the folks who were wary of the pricing model take note of the rapid substantial Loopy Pro releases. If there’s any doubt that the yearly investment model works then you probably have unrealistic expectations.

• My NS2 mixdown bug is still in there and I can't find it on the roadmap either. Still, the app is so damn good I'm more than willing to work around it.

• @FastGhost said:
    My NS2 mixdown bug is still in there and I can't find it on the roadmap either. Still, the app is so damn good I'm more than willing to work around it.

What exactly is the NS2 mixdown bug?

• @FastGhost said:
    My NS2 mixdown bug is still in there and I can't find it on the roadmap either. Still, the app is so damn good I'm more than willing to work around it.

The roadmap doesn’t include every issue. Have you brought the issue to the attention of @Michael ?

• @espiegel123 Indeed, I sent over an example project with a video of how it sounds when playing back using the transport control along with a wav of the mixdown output.

@tja LoopyPro behaves impeccably as an AUv3 inside NS2 except for one small thing, when you mixdown the project, some of the samples come out all mangled. I'd assumed it was a sample rate thing (which it might be), but no matter what settings I use it still happens. The weirdest thing is, when I was creating the sample project, I made it by cutting out everything irrelevant from the project I first discovered it in, but the samples that got mangled in the original project came out fine in the cut down one, and the samples that played perfectly in the OG project came out mangled in the cut down one. Someone on here (possibly @espiegel123) suggested setting NS2 as a source in AUM and recording it that way, which will be my workaround once I manage to work out how to do it.

• @FastGhost : if you sent him a project, it might s most likely on his radar but he hasn’t had a chance to get to it…as you can see a lot of development is going on.

• Oh totes, this update alone looks like a hell of a shift.

• wimwim
    edited June 2022

@FastGhost said:
    @tja LoopyPro behaves impeccably as an AUv3 inside NS2 except for one small thing, when you mixdown the project, some of the samples come out all mangled. I'd assumed it was a sample rate thing (which it might be), but no matter what settings I use it still happens. The weirdest thing is, when I was creating the sample project, I made it by cutting out everything irrelevant from the project I first discovered it in, but the samples that got mangled in the original project came out fine in the cut down one, and the samples that played perfectly in the OG project came out mangled in the cut down one. Someone on here (possibly @espiegel123) suggested setting NS2 as a source in AUM and recording it that way, which will be my workaround once I manage to work out how to do it.

You could also consider hosting NS2 directly in Loopy Pro. B)

You'll probably need to start NS2 first before adding it to the Loopy session. Some IAA apps are just like that. Once you have it in Loopy you can set up midi bindings to various clips, then send notes from NS2 patterns to trigger loops. With the right settings, the clips on the NS2 timeline can be nice indicators of when the loops will play.

[edit] ... I tried setting up actions where a note-on started clip playback and note-off stopped it. As long as I turned off play/stop quantization for the clip, it worked most of the time, but sometimes the clip didn't toggle off like it should. I'm not sure this is a reliable solution.

• Thanks anyway @wim

• @FastGhost said:

Damn, yeah, sorry about that! It’s still on my list, was just cracking through other more pressing stuff. I’ll take a look very soon!

• No problem @Michael, I'm perfectly happy for you to get to it whenever it works for you.

• edited June 2022

@FastGhost said:

I had a couple AU synths that would not mixdown reliably out of NS2 but would work fine in other hosts. :/ Hope your issue is not one with the host.