Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New small album, an interesting Himalaya project

Himalaya

Himalaya a new and very interesting project. Various rhythms and atmospheres from these high mountain regions. An ode to this high world and their peoples.

https://hearthis.at/frenq/himalaya/

Enjoy, frenq!

Comments

• I dig this sounds, very Himalayan, very peaceful and calming music.
    Has the indigenous sound, and yet very hip and modern.
    You are a talented creator.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Rene

• @ReneAsologuitar

Thank you for your nice and expert comment, also listen to my other albums. Thanks again.

regards, frenq

• Wow... how did you research this part of the world? Recordings or travel?

• @McD pure research, first India, then Nepal, Bhutan and at last Tibet. Never been there.

Thanks for listening, frenq.

• @Frenq said:
    @McD pure research, first India, then Nepal, Bhutan and at last Tibet. Never been there.

I think your re-creations show respect for the region but I wonder what someone from the region would hear.

I created a "world music" sounding track once and played it as some background music at a computer fair. My co-worker was born in India and he started explaining to me where this music came from and what type of festival would have this collection of instruments. I felt that I had achieved my goal to show respect for another culture's art but that's just one vote for "authenticity" and he was a pure "mansplainer" by nature always seeking to show his knowledge on all topics so he could have been spouting pure BS about the festival musical practices.

• Agreed, authenticity will always be a problem.