Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Talking To Himself

edited June 2022 in Creations

This is about a guy that lives somewhere near me. Nobody seems to know who he is. He just walks around the neighborhood talking to himself. Occasionally, he gets very upset and extremely animated. He looks like he is directing traffic at an airport. Once in a while he just stops dead in his tracks... and looks up. I tried to talk to him once but he walked past me as though I was invisible. My wife also tried to have a conversation, but he just mumbled something about cheese. I have tried to imagine what's going on in his head. This is what I came up with.

Comments

• He probably has untreated schizophrenia. Many that have this condition prefer NOT to take their meds. The medicines makes them less volatile but empty. A lot of Bi-Polar folks have a similar resistance to staying medicated.

Huge investments in Mental Health have been removed in the US and we see the results on our streets among the homeless or in jails where the violent (or termed violent for resisting arrest) end up.

• @McD said:
    He probably has untreated schizophrenia. Many that have this condition prefer NOT to take their meds. The medicines makes them less volatile but empty. A lot of Bi-Polar folks have a similar resistance to staying medicated.

Huge investments in Mental Health have been removed in the US and we see the results on our streets among the homeless or in jails where the violent (or termed violent for resisting arrest) end up.

We pray for him. He is always well dressed and groomed, so he is not without some type of support.

There by the grace of God go I.

• What a great inspiration for a track!
    And you've given the term "follower" a good analog touch 😉

• Another good one. Where’s the album (s)?

• Another masterful assemblage: I especially love the arpeggiated flute that jumps in at 2:40.
    Do you use a tool for that or hand enter the notes in a piano roll or type them into a step sequencer. Not that is matters but still.... one wonders.

• Hi Paulieworld,
    This is a very good song.
    Great story to start with, and you are a very good neighbor!
    Keep talking to the guy, he must just be shy.
    I love the instrumentation, and the melody.
    The beat is very nice as well.
    Lovely lovely composition!!!
    Rene

I agree with McD, investments in Mental Health removed, unsatisfactory!!!

• @McD said:
    Another masterful assemblage: I especially love the arpeggiated flute that jumps in at 2:40.
    Do you use a tool for that or hand enter the notes in a piano roll or type them into a step sequencer. Not that is matters but still.... one wonders.

I just started punching in notes in the Cubasis MIDI editor, within the proper scale, of course. I think it took about 10 or 15 minutes, but it was a nice day and it was quite a surprise when I played it at speed. All modesty aside, I think it turned out pretty good. I tried several different instruments, but the flute sounded the best, to me. I also used Riffler near the end. 2 measures of guitar and 2 measure of Moog Model D.

• @ReneAsologuitar said:
    Hi Paulieworld,
    This is a very good song.
    Great story to start with, and you are a very good neighbor!
    Keep talking to the guy, he must just be shy.
    I love the instrumentation, and the melody.
    The beat is very nice as well.
    Lovely lovely composition!!!
    Rene

I agree with McD, investments in Mental Health removed, unsatisfactory!!!

Thank you Rene! I appreciate that very much. Regarding my neighbor (and @McD should also hear this), I saw him out on his walkabout this morning as I was having my coffee. However, he was not alone today! He had a cute little dog that I had never seen before. He was too far away to hear anything, but they appeared to get along very well. There is something about dogs!

• @rs2000 said:
    What a great inspiration for a track!
    And you've given the term "follower" a good analog touch 😉

It was my wife's idea to create something about 'George'. That's not his name, but it's what we call him.
    Thank you for listening and commenting. Have a great day!

• @LinearLineman said:
    Another good one. Where’s the album (s)?

Thanks Mike! I keep planning to compile an album, but I always tell myself... 'Ok, right after this one', and... well. I also enjoy looking for graphics that go with the music. I'm only a few years away from retirement and I will have more time. Then, for sure!

• I'm going to go ahead and press the "like" button on this now.

• @JudasZimmerman said:
    I'm going to go ahead and press the "like" button on this now.

Thank you my friend. Have a great day!

• Just when I think I’ve heard enough of one of your tracks you ‘throw’ something else in such as the guitar break at about 3:12 that makes me think I really should stay to the end!

• @GeoTony said:
    Just when I think I’ve heard enough of one of your tracks you ‘throw’ something else in such as the guitar break at about 3:12 that makes me think I really should stay to the end!

Thanks Tony. Glad you stayed! I think I just have a short attention span, so I throw things into the mix to keep myself from getting bored. I will be posting something later today that has very special meaning to me. I hope you can check it out and opine.

• @GeoTony said:
    Just when I think I’ve heard enough of one of your tracks you ‘throw’ something else in such as the guitar break at about 3:12 that makes me think I really should stay to the end!

That is exactly what I like about all your music. Can’t even begin to guess what’s coming next. I think you have accurately captured what’s going on in this guys head.

• edited June 2022

Nice Track.

The title sounds like me. I’ve always done it when thinking on a complex problem but I think Covid enhanced it. I now catch myself in stores debating purchasing decisions with myself. Lol.

• @Paulieworld said:

. I'm only a few years away from retirement and I will have more time. Then, for sure!

This is my problem as well. And I’ve got a little more than a few more years (like 12-15) but then there will be plenty of time for sitting around making music and albums.. shoot, might even start using SoundCloud more, or even bandcamp (if it still exists!)

When I retire, I think I might sell my house and buy an RV and hit the road. Then become a real “Mobile” musician/producer.

Cool track btw Paulie!

• @boomer said:

@GeoTony said:

That is exactly what I like about all your music. Can’t even begin to guess what’s coming next. I think you have accurately captured what’s going on in this guys head.

I like to try to do something different every time. That's not always possible, but I do my best. Thank you very much!

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Nice Track.

The title sounds like me. I’ve always done it when thinking on a complex problem but I think Covid enhanced it. I now catch myself in stores debating purchasing decisions with myself. Lol.

I don't mean to cast a negative light on this poor soul, be he is quite a character. Sometimes he carries a golf club and just randomly hits the ball into people's yards. Nobody complains. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for listening!

• @Edward_Alexander said:

@Paulieworld said:

. I'm only a few years away from retirement and I will have more time. Then, for sure!

This is my problem as well. And I’ve got a little more than a few more years (like 12-15) but then there will be plenty of time for sitting around making music and albums.. shoot, might even start using SoundCloud more, or even bandcamp (if it still exists!)

When I retire, I think I might sell my house and buy an RV and hit the road. Then become a real “Mobile” musician/producer.

Cool track btw Paulie!

Those years seem to go by faster every year. Enjoy them. We have also been looking at RVs. That would be a great life. Unfortunately, inflation makes that seem less likely every day. Let's hope things change in the near future. Glad you liked the track!