Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Awesome! Wonder when it’s gonna hit the App Store.

• No clue on when it will drop but it'll be on my radar for sure...
    Could be on 21st as it's some kind of 'Make Music Day'.

• That's awesome, Magic Dice is great.

• @Samu said:
    No clue on when it will drop but it'll be on my radar for sure...
    Could be on 21st as it's some kind of 'Make Music Day'.

Good call. That and the new Bleass app would be great! Wonder if it’ll be free or paid? Do you know how much it is on desktop?

• Promising. I tried the demo version but couldn't justify it for me on the desktop, even at the nice intro price. iOS may be it though.

• It’s out. And pricey!

• edited June 2022

@Halftone said:
    It’s out. And pricey!

You weren’t kidding: $29.99!

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/crystalline-baby-audio/id1609936795

• Although maybe desktop-like prices will create sustainability for developers and prevent GAS

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@Halftone said:
    It’s out. And pricey!

I'm seeing $39.99 lol

• @KirbyMumbo said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@Halftone said:
    It’s out. And pricey!

I'm seeing $39.99 lol

$29.99 must be US price

• edited June 2022

Desktop is $49, description says desktop version

• Haha. It's not for me then.

• $29 is no different than FabFilter prices. All the reviews of Crystalline are pristine, pun intended. 😆

• Honestly, probably not a bad price. I think I have too many reverbs as it is and I mainly do the same thing with them. Personally, I can't imagine this adds anything I "need".

• With any luck, they'll realize their price for iOS could be considered a bit high compared to the competition and they'll adjust. Personally, I'd like to see it at $9.99 or less, but others might feel otherwise.

• Baby Audio tends to do multiple sales on desktop each year.

The price of 30 dollars can be smart, if they plan to adopt a strategy of discounting this to 20 or 15 dollars various times each year.

In this way, they will stay see a benefit, specially if they set the discount to 20 dollars. By also reinforcing the idea that they are a premium desktop publisher, offering quality products. Same strategy adopted by companies like UVI or FabFilter on iOS.

• @Pynchon said:
    Baby Audio tends to do multiple sales on desktop each year.

The price of 30 dollars can be smart, if they plan to adopt a strategy of discounting this to 20 or 15 dollars various times each year.

In this way, they will stay see a benefit, specially if they set the discount to 20 dollars. By also reinforcing the idea that they are a premium desktop publisher, offering quality products. Same strategy adopted by companies like UVI or FabFilter on iOS.

Yes, that is one strategy. Another pricing strategy would be to offer the software at a "50% discount" for the first week to drive sales as hard as possible, then raise the price to maintain the premium image. This is a strategy commonly used by the developer Yonac.

• @NeuM said:
    With any luck, they'll realize their price for iOS could be considered a bit high compared to the competition and they'll adjust. Personally, I'd like to see it at $9.99 or less, but others might feel otherwise.

It depends on who you think the competition is. Sparkverb is $30. FabFilter Pro-R is $40.

• @celtic_elk said:

@NeuM said:
    With any luck, they'll realize their price for iOS could be considered a bit high compared to the competition and they'll adjust. Personally, I'd like to see it at $9.99 or less, but others might feel otherwise.

It depends on who you think the competition is. Sparkverb is $30. FabFilter Pro-R is $40.

Exactly. I like their software, but I won't be getting this.

• edited June 2022

In iOS there are two strategies for making money, specially if you're a developer whose main business is the desktop space.

The first one, offering high prices, not devaluating the perception of your brand or cannibalizing your desktop sales with a much more cheaper product.

In this way, from every sale you will see a benefit that can justify the port work.

The second strategy is to put a low price you will never make a profit on. And the mark of 10 dollars can be considered something that will never obtain benefices. Specially for a company that's not a one man business, and invest a lot in marketing

Using these sales to promote the brand, obtaining a big base of consumers that one day, when they jump to desktop, can be potential future customers.

I will say that for Baby Audio, the second strategy can be smart, specially with products such as Super VHS. But they have Smooth Operator in their portfolio. That will be the closest thing to Soothe 2 on desktop, a tool considered essential for a lot of audio engineers.

With these prices, they can easily obtain an user base of audio engineers using their iPads as secondary devices on travels, needing to make quick adjustments.

Exact same public that has been targeting FabFilter. Hence the similar prices.

• @Pynchon said:
    In iOS there are two strategies for making money, specially if you're a developer whose main business is the desktop space.

The first one, offering high prices, not devaluating the perception of your brand or cannibalizing your desktop sales with a much more cheaper product.

In this way, from every sale you will see a benefit that can justify the port work.

The second strategy is to put a low price you will never make a profit on. And the mark of 10 dollars can be considered something that will never obtain benefices. Specially for a company that's not a one man business, and invest a lot in marketing

Using these sales to promote the brand, obtaining a big base of consumers that one day, when they jump to desktop, can be potential future customers.

I will say that for Baby Audio, the second strategy can be smart, specially with products such as Super VHS. But they have Smooth Operator in their portfolio. That will be the closest thing to Soothe 2 on desktop, a tool considered essential for a lot of audio engineers.

With these prices, they can easily obtain an user base of audio engineers using their iPads as secondary devices on travels, needing to make quick adjustments.

Are you planning to buy this app at the current price?

• @NeuM said:

@Pynchon said:

Are you planning to buy this app at the current price?

This Christmas switched to desktop, so I don't buy iOS apps anymore. Unless they are doing something unique, not available on desktop. Preferably if they are instruments, because they are super easy to route to Bitwig using Studiomux. And even better if they're M1 native for Mac.

From apps released this 2022 I have only bought SpaceFields, Tera Pro Synth, VOSIS Pro and StarWaves. All of them are M1 native, all of them are unique and not available on desktop.

And for desktop, Super VHS is the only Baby Audio plugin with a high priority in my list of purchases, when it's on sale.

For reverbs, Valhalla Shimmer is much higher on my wishlist than Crystaline.

And I'm very strict with my wishlist and its order, I avoid fire sales of things that I don't need at any cost. Plugins on desktop aren't cheap, my budget is limited, and I want to complete my list of essential things by the start of 2023.

iOS apps or Plugin Boutique 8 dollars bundles with desktop plugins that I don't need may look cheap. But at the end of the day, with 10 of these purchases I can get a plugin on my list, like Rhizomatic Plasmonic, that I purchased on a sale this June, for 99 euros.

• edited June 2022

yikes! $46 here in Australia

• Yes I was hoping that would be the case

• I've purchased Pro-R, TB Reverb, and Bleass Reverb in the past for everyday tasks, but I'm curious if Crystalline can do something the other three can't. :) I'm interested in purchasing Crystalline, and $30 is worth it if it can do something unique.

(You're talking to a person who dropped $30 on Magic Death Eye Stereo as it does a couple of things I've yet to see other compressors do, such as a couple unique release curves, and a nice EQ that I use for high-pass filtering a mix. I'm just simply on the fence about Crystalline.)

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

I've purchased Pro-R, TB Reverb, and Bleass Reverb in the past for everyday tasks, but I'm curious if Crystalline can do something the other three can't. :) I'm interested in purchasing Crystalline, and $30 is worth it if it can do something unique.

There's a sound quality to a great FX app.

(You're talking to a person who dropped $30 on Magic Death Eye Stereo

Bingo. Magic Death Eye conjures up great tube hardware gear. It so much more than just an EQ impact... it's a tube sound with gorgeous mid-range saturation.

I'm just simply on the fence about Crystalline.)

Me too. I just have too many reverbs to believe it can do something new. But I'd have to buy
    it t decide. I'm holding out for a sales event or a really strong endorsement to tip me off the fence.

Normally, I'd go in hard for a desktop vendor to get more IOS investment for their catalog.
    But, I never seem to be leading a real army of peers and sometimes I jump in and we don't get more... Propellerheads becomes Reason and... nuttin' ('course they got a new CEO that thought... we're not doing more IOS).

• $30 is a bit pricey but the desktop version seems to sound great. Gonna give it a few days to think on it and wait for reviews. It’s very tempting though.