Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Last Quadrille / AnimoogZ

edited June 2022 in Creations

PurePiano, 2x AnimoogZ, 3x Digitalism20, Module Piano.

Comments

• Hi LinearLineman,
    Beautiful keys!
    Your creations are unique, and this is simply lovely!
    You are an artist!
    Thank you for this beauty!
    Rene

• @ReneAsologuitar , thanks, Rene, for the kind words. Did you know there’s an app that converts guitar playing into midi data? That might be fun for you as you’re such a good guitarist.

• Hey, I hope it’s not the very ‘last’ one, I’m really liking your things that harken back to an earlier age. Although by the end it’s moved forward multiple decades. It would be interesting to see how a dance company might interpret. Come to think of it, wouldn’t it be great if there was an app that made dancers move around to music? Better get on that developers!

Man, now I’m going to be more reluctant to post some piano stuff that I thought sounds very 19th century. People will think I’m copying you … which I do anyway, but still … in fact I get ideas from almost everyone who posts on the forum. It’s great inspiration.

• At least one more @Stochastically to complete my Beethoven effort. Aren’t we expecting something of the same ilk from you? I hope you’re getting close.

I like the dance app idea. You could have all sorts of dancers… like the brooms in Fantasia.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @ReneAsologuitar , thanks, Rene, for the kind words. Did you know there’s an app that converts guitar playing into midi data? That might be fun for you as you’re such a good guitarist.

I will have to investigate these new gadgets. Sounds very fun.
    I just need somebody with me, so I do not get frustrated in the process.
    Hope to find a musical partner that would open doors, for more fun and musicality.
    Thanks for the msg.
    Rene

• Here’s from the App Store, @ReneAsologuitar. Friends here are good, too. You can post any question you like under Support and Feedback and you’ll get all the info you need. Very helpful, kind, people here.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Here’s from the App Store, @ReneAsologuitar. Friends here are good, too. You can post any question you like under Support and Feedback and you’ll get all the info you need. Very helpful, kind, people here.

Hi LinearLineman,
    You are very kind, and very generous.
    Thank you!!!
    Rene

• You’re welcome, Rene. I really want to encourage you to explore how your guitar can be expanded with iOS (like midi guitar) There are also terrific amps and effects you can buy in expensively to process your playing. Perhaps @McD will give you some suggestions.

• Pretty cool until 1:37 when the synths kick in - those sounded fantastic; big and futuristic. Nice!

• @LinearLineman said:
    You’re welcome, Rene. I really want to encourage you to explore how your guitar can be expanded with iOS (like midi guitar) There are also terrific amps and effects you can buy in expensively to process your playing. Perhaps @McD will give you some suggestions.

Studio standards for acoustic are to just use good mic for the guitar type: SM58's are common back in the day for vocals. Rene's SM58 was probably his voice mic before he invested in the superb Ear Trumpet Labs "Edwina" for his voice.

But we haven't seen if Rene also like to use keyboards... I don't see any in his studio so he's probably going to stick with the singer/songwriter approach. But his posts here remind us that the simplest way to reach an audience is with a voice, an acoustic guitar and a good performance.

• @ReneAsologuitar said:

Rene, the @Linearlineman was a pure piano player when he found this group and slowly
    developed the skills to use the Cubasis DAW to create his IOS musical products. Whenever he gets stuck he asks questions and gets pretty timely assistance solving any problems.

So, if you can get your hands on any IOS device: iPhone or iPad we can start recommending
    apps and a workflow to expand your musical palette. But I can see that you have a perfectly suited set of hardware tools to make and distribute music but maybe you would like to add
    some backing tracks to your work or make your own backing tracks.

If you want constructive feedback on your originals there's a "Song of the Month" series where you should consider posting to as well.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/50057/song-of-the-month-club-may-2022

• @McD said:

@ReneAsologuitar said:

Rene, the @Linearlineman was a pure piano player when he found this group and slowly
    developed the skills to use the Cubasis DAW to create his IOS musical products. Whenever he gets stuck he asks questions and gets pretty timely assistance solving any problems.

So, if you can get your hands on any IOS device: iPhone or iPad we can start recommending
    apps and a workflow to expand your musical palette. But I can see that you have a perfectly suited set of hardware tools to make and distribute music but maybe you would like to add
    some backing tracks to your work or make your own backing tracks.

If you want constructive feedback on your originals there's a "Song of the Month" series where you should consider posting to as well.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/50057/song-of-the-month-club-may-2022

And I wonder if you would enjoy effects like reverb and delay with your guitar. I assume you have a gitbox with a pickup.