Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auto Killing Apps

edited December 2012 in App Tips and Tricks

In some distant update. Will Audiobus be able to kill apps when taken out of being used? I like using my guitar with Thumbjam and midi other synth apps to it, some not being Audiobus compatible yet. But what happens is if too many are going then it crackles out. I ask because Audiobus for my intended use is going to be more geared towards live playing and that feature would be really cool......killing the app when taken out of the chain in audiobus that is. Would really help I'm sure in other ways being used too!

Comments

• Sebastian or Michael did already reply to a similar question. Apparently launching an app from inside Audiobus is possible but actually killing it off entirely is a different story. I am teaching myself to just kill them via the ios Multitask Bar and then removing them from the Audiobus Connection panel.

• edited December 2012

There are a few major downsides to enabling this that aren't obvious. We're talking about this on the developer forum as well.

• Cool. It's still very helpful app and awesome but that little thing would make it a lot easier to incorporate and move around. I've been just getting around it with other methods and arrangements.

• edited December 2012

I think Apple got it backwards on this one. I've talked to a lot of people who want to kill apps FAR more often than they want to suspend. There also still seem to be tons of people who don't even know how to kill their apps at all – their taskbar reveals every app they own when opened. Seems like killing should be just as quick and easy as suspending, either through an iOs global setting, individual app settings, or some gesture or home button press sequence. Apple never listens to me though, for some strange reason, when I dictate to them how their products should function. Go figure... ;-)