Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Alternative Knobs for Novation SL MK2

I really like this midi controller, but I don't like the second row of knobs (not the endless knobs, the knobs below). They are touch sensitive, so I'm not sure I can change them, but I really want to buy something else. Is it possible to buy a set of knobs to replace these knobs? Where? Thank you.

Comments

• Search for aluminum potentiometer knobs.
    Make sure you get the ones with the right shaft type and diameter.
    Also make sure they're not aluminum outside and plastic inside, otherwise they're likely not going to be touch sensitive..

• @rs2000 said:
    Search for aluminum potentiometer knobs.
    Also make sure they're not aluminum outside and plastic inside, otherwise they're likely not going to be touch sensitive..

Thank you! Cannot find the dimmension of the knobs of the Novation. Spent a lot of time on Google.

Anyone knows? I want to buy the right kobs.

• edited June 2022

@Montreal_Music said:

@rs2000 said:

Thank you! Cannot find the dimmension of the knobs of the Novation. Spent a lot of time on Google.

Are those encoders or potentiometers? I assume pots due to the line, but want to make sure.

• @Montreal_Music said:

@rs2000 said:

Just pull one of them off and you'll see the shaft 😉

• These are for the MK1. Might be the same thing of MK2.

• Amazon has a fair amount of choices for knobs. Generally there are two shaft types "knurled" 6mm and D-Style. Pay close attention to the dimensions. Get a metric ruler to get a feeling for the actual dimensions.

By coincidence I was shopping for knobs myself today for a DIY controller project. Most of the knobs were 12mm outer diameter, which is bigger than I was hoping for. I did finally find something the size I was looking for, but it took a lot of searching.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=potentiometer+knob&crid=2N0DIAMYUEMWN&sprefix=potentiometer+knob,aps,161&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

• Mouser and Digikey also have good options if you don’t find what you’re looking for on Amazon.

https://www.mouser.com/c/electromechanical/knobs-dials/

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/filter/knobs/568