Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I'm Not In Love, 10cc 1975

"I'm Not In Love" is a song by British group 10cc, written by band members Eric Stewart and Graham Gouldman in 1975. Written mostly by Stewart as a response to his wife's declaration that he did not tell her often enough that he loved her.

This song is dedicated to my lovely wife, Mimi!!!
I am in love!!!

Comments

• This is a phenomenal record that really cannot be covered. And yet you totally pull it off. Very impressive rendition that adds a lot to the original. It sounds like a lost Arthur Lee track. Really great, man.

(Must admit I was relieved you avoided the "big boys don't cry" break!)

• Well played that man.

• Btw: it is worth finding the mini-documentary about the song’s making…it can prove found on YouTube. There is insane production (remember that was was recorded before samplers) that went into the layered voices. What sounds like white noise at the beginning is a mix of all their voices triple tracked singing the chromatic voices of one octave. The four of them raised and lowered faders to play the vocal chords.

• edited June 2022

This is a great interpretation of a bit of a classic. I have always loved the harmonic structure of this song and you have done it justice.

I think this is the documentary @espiegel123 is referring to:

Something to inspire Loopy Pro fans.🙂

• Great job, man! You have a really great quality to your voice.

Song takes me back to my childhood...as does this (One of my favourites).

Thanks...and subscribed :)

• Blimey a real person playing a real instrument, what’s the world coming to? 😊
    Great song, beautifully playing and singing.
    10cc were a local band to me and their recording studio was a few miles from where I was born and brought up.
    Very underrated band, very clever, great musicians. Check out ‘I’m Mandy, Fly me’ by them for an example of how versatile they were.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    This is a phenomenal record that really cannot be covered. And yet you totally pull it off. Very impressive rendition that adds a lot to the original. It sounds like a lost Arthur Lee track. Really great, man.

(Must admit I was relieved you avoided the "big boys don't cry" break!)

Hi ExAsperis99.
    Thank you for the wonderful comments.
    Truly an excellent production, and the recording process is so incredible.
    I am so happy that you like this simple version.
    Respectfully,
    Rene

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Well played that man.

HI JohnnyGoodyear,
    Love your comment!
    Thank you!!!
    Rene

• @espiegel123 said:
    Btw: it is worth finding the mini-documentary about the song’s making…it can prove found on YouTube. There is insane production (remember that was was recorded before samplers) that went into the layered voices. What sounds like white noise at the beginning is a mix of all their voices triple tracked singing the chromatic voices of one octave. The four of them raised and lowered faders to play the vocal chords.

Hi espiegel123,
    This is truly a magnificent work of musical artistry.
    Very complex ears at work!!!
    When I tried to cover this song, a week ago, I was not aware of the complexity of this recording. Fortunately, I was not aware, or I would have shied away from this acoustic version.
    Thank you for the great feedback!!!
    Rene

• @Mountain_Hamlet said:
    This is a great interpretation of a bit of a classic. I have always loved the harmonic structure of this song and you have done it justice.

I think this is the documentary @espiegel123 is referring to:

Something to inspire Loopy Pro fans.🙂

Hi Mountain
    Love your feedback, truly a talented group, and one that is is so much under-rated.
    A true classic of a song, and a super-dedicated musicians committed to their craft!
    Thank you.
    Rene

• @el_bo said:
    Great job, man! You have a really great quality to your voice.

Song takes me back to my childhood...as does this (One of my favourites).

Thanks...and subscribed :)

HI el_bo,
    I really love your humbling and inspiring comments!!!
    Thank you for subscribing!!!
    Hope to hear more from you!
    Respectfully,
    Rene

• @GeoTony said:
    Blimey a real person playing a real instrument, what’s the world coming to? 😊
    10cc were a local band to me and their recording studio was a few miles from where I was born and brought up.
    Very underrated band, very clever, great musicians. Check out ‘I’m Mandy, Fly me’ by them for an example of how versatile they were.

Hi Tony,
    I am so thankful for your beautiful comments.
    Truly an underrated band and super talented musician.
    I am wondering why I am not hearing this particular song on the radio more?
    I am so happy to hear of your proximity of this song history to your hometown.
    I listened to "I'm Mandy, Fly Me", very different vibe, truly versatile band, really good singers!!! I love the change in pace in the middle of the song, and the guitar solo, most especially!!!
    Thanks for all these great feedback and info.
    Respectfully,
    Rene

• I was as surprised as @ExAsperis99 how you nailed that tune. Big respect. :+1:
    And that guitar‘s sound mixes perfectly with your (really special) voice.
    Writing this as a Martin fan... o:)

• Super tight bro. Song still holds up.

• This was one of the songs in the gta vice city stories soundtrack. I’ve played that game hundreds of hours on my psp when I was a kid, memories :)

• @Telefunky said:
    I was as surprised as @ExAsperis99 how you nailed that tune. Big respect. :+1:
    And that guitar‘s sound mixes perfectly with your (really special) voice.
    Writing this as a Martin fan... o:)

Hi Telefunky,
    Love Martins!!!
    Thank you so much for your beautiful words.
    This is a true classic, and a very special song.
    Rene

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Super tight bro. Song still holds up.

Hi W2BG,
    The song is timeless.
    I wonder why this song is not heard more on the airwaves.
    Thank you for the great feedback!
    Rene

• @cem_olcay said:
    This was one of the songs in the gta vice city stories soundtrack. I’ve played that game hundreds of hours on my psp when I was a kid, memories :)

Hi cem_olcay,
    Wow.
    I did not know that.
    This is a very special original recording from 10cc.
    Love your story and thank you for sharing it with us.
    Rene

• @ReneAsologuitar we need to get you using IOS devices and cure you from hardware acquisition syndrome. But first tell me about all your guitars... or at least your favorite one and if it has a story behind it.

• Hi McD,
    Thanks for your great feedback!
    I am not very good with IOS devices, as the technology has left me way behind the curve.
    And if there is in issue, I just get so frustrated, and all of it is operator error.
    By the way, I love this Taylor All Koa BTO.
    This is my go-to guitar when the pitch of the song is a bit too high for me.
    I tuned this guitar two frets down, DGCFAD.
    I am surprised to hear this guitar just purring and not even complaining, as to string buzz.
    The koa wood is just beginning to open up on this beautiful Taylor!!!
    Thanks for noticing.
    Respectfully,
    Rene

I do love the UAD Volt 2/76, I am currently using to connect to my IMAC.
    The built in compressor and the vintage mic pre-amp is outstanding.
    This might be the closest IOS device I have at this point.
    No adjustment necessary.

• @GeoTony said:
    Blimey a real person playing a real instrument, what’s the world coming to? 😊

And I love the collection of guitars in that studio.

• @NeuM said:

That's a life in music... I'll bet there are a lot of stories of guitars owned, sold and misplaced.
    I have too many guitars but they are like good synths: you want one of each type and sometimes
    each size or wood.

Taylor really came in fast and challenged Gibson and Martin with guitars that sounded good and
    were easier to play than the big neck jumbos. They put necks on them that seemed to fit well for a electric guitar hacker like me... so I have one of those too but only because I found one on consignment at a really good price. That's how I got my guitars... just looking for good deals. Still, there are many that
    found much better bargains like @JoyceRoadStudios who started collection really low cost "strats" and
    re-building them.

• @NeuM said:

Hi NeuM,
    I love your guitar comment!
    My place to hang out and make good music.
    Thank you for the notice!
    Rene

• @McD said:
    That's a life in music... I'll bet there are a lot of stories of guitars owned, sold and misplaced.
    I have too many guitars but they are like good synths: you want one of each type and sometimes
    each size or wood.
    Taylor really came in fast and challenged Gibson and Martin with guitars that sounded good and
    were easier to play than the big neck jumbos. They put necks on them that seemed to fit well for a electric guitar hacker like me... so I have one of those too but only because I found one on consignment at a really good price. That's how I got my guitars... just looking for good deals. Still, there are many that
    found much better bargains like @JoyceRoadStudios who started collection really low cost "strats" and
    re-building them.

Hi McD,
    Love your extensive knowledge on music and guitars, and synths.
    You are absolutely correct, the Taylor necks are great, and their electronics are great as well.
    Always great to hear from you!
    Rene

• Beautiful tone to your voice. I'm never really able to figure out if this is a love song or not. Sure sounded like one this time though.

• @Ailerom said:
    Beautiful tone to your voice. I'm never really able to figure out if this is a love song or not. Sure sounded like one this time though.

Hi Ailerom,
    Thank you for your wonderful feedback.
    When I first listened to this song, I thought that "he is not in love".
    But after a few listen, I realized that the male normal confession is to say "you're not", but you really are in love!!!
    This is a love song, and the singer did not know it. She did!!!
    Love your comments!!!
    Rene

• @McD said:
    @ReneAsologuitar we need to get you using IOS devices and cure you from hardware acquisition syndrome. .. or at least your favorite one and if it has a story behind it.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

In Mexico, in Michoacan, in the town of Paracho.....
    People might not know, Paracho is also known as the world's guitar capital!
    Paracho is filled with luthiers, and guitar stores lined the streets, all over the town!!!
    Over 400 luthiers, passing down knowledge and craftsmanship to the younger generation!
    I recently traveled to Morelia, Michoacan, and had the chance to visit Paracho!
    The trip to Paracho is very interesting, passing through numerous check points along the way.
    Our local friends, accompanied me to Paracho, as they say that the travel to and from Paracho is quite dangerous, especially when the sun goes down.
    Michoacan is also known for the cartels operating in the area.

To make my story short, I was able to directly go to luthier Don Guillermo Rubio, whom I contacted a week prior.
    I only saw one shop, Guillermo Rubio's shop.
    He had about six guitars in his inventory at the time, and I had to pick one (I decided to do the purchase a Guillermo Rubio guitar even before my trip).
    He only produces acoustic classical guitars, all hand-crafted.
    German Spruce top / Mexican Cocobolo body / Honduras Mahogany neck, Indian Rosewood bridge, African Ebony fretboard /
    Indian Rosewood headstock / Schaller tuners.
    The guitar is not cheap at all, I payed a hefty US dollar figure.

The financial transaction is a story by itself.
    In Mexico, there is a limit on credit card amount for each day, and the limit is not even close to the guitar price.
    We even made a visit to their local bank to investigate any possible financial path towards payment.

Fortunately, Guillermo's brother, German Vazquez Rubio, was visiting Paracho, and we were able to process my credit card using his guitar business in los Angeles, CA. German V Rubio is the luthier for Disney's Coco Guitar.
    So glad to have met German that day, and so happy to have owned Guillermo's guitar.

This guitar has no electronics, and I play this guitar (mic 'd) on church, for weekday Catholic mass services.
    Me and my wife sing for our local Catholic Churches, namely St Mary Catholic Church in Anacortes, WA, St Augustine Catholic Church in Oak Harbor, WA, and St Paul Catholic Church in La Conner, WA.
    For weekends, I use my R Taylor Style 1, amplified!

My new fav Paracho, Michoacan, Mexico guitar!!!

• That sounds like a musical pilgrimage to another time. Your music is a tribute to that time as well when humans created dreams from the raw materials of nature… before the electron was tamed into doing our bidding and it was fun to discharge after shuffling over carpet.

Enjoy your treasure of this guitar and your journey to find it.

• Great story Rene, have we heard the guitar or is that a pleasure still in store for us ?

• @McD said:
    That sounds like a musical pilgrimage to another time.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Truly, a pilgrimage!!!
    Although, I have not really seen Paracho's guitar-"heaven" shops, as I was stuck with Guillermo and his shop "only".
    Definitely, Paracho is stuck in its own time.
    Quite rural and has the vibe of pure simplicity!

I will surely treasure this guitar, and will try to get this beauty to open up more, as I feel some "tension" in my guitar sound when I am playing it.
    For a small-bodied guitar, and its super-light weight, this guitar sounds very loud, and that might be the "tension" I am feeling.

Thank you, @McD for your beautiful words and exhortation, very much appreciated!
    Respect and love,
    Rene