Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Nearness Of You

Guitar improv of the jazz standard, 'The Nearness Of You', by Hoagy Carmichael, using the versatile Nembrini Overdrive Special - fast becoming my favourite amp simulation on my phone.

Strat -> Special Overdrive -> AltiSpace2 (touch of plate reverb)

Comments

• Hoagy! I hope you’ll do Baltimore Oriole one day. That sounds good!

• Nice! One of my favorite standards!

• @pbelgium : nice arrangement and playing.

I love this amp sim -- and finding that it rewards patience dialing in sounds -- there is a lot of tonal variety possible and can go very clean to nicely broken up. I also find that it requires care to avoid fizziness -- but once one has done that it is pretty glorious.

• McDMcD
    edited June 2022

Weird... the audio is not playing for me. I even went to the SoundCloud page and played another track of your which I could hear but this one is totally silent. And I can see that others are getting the music. I will try another browser type...

UPDATE: Switched to Chrome and it's still not sounding. I'll try my iPad.
    UPDATE2: iPad speakers play it but headphones do not. I will try another pair of headphones to see if the mini-plug connector or cabling is flakey. Sorry for the drama.
    UPDATE3: Yes! My headphones are going intermittent. Wired cabling so I got a few months out of them and they generally work.

OK… back to business.

Nice performance. Does this amp sim sound anything like a real hardware amp you like?
    I like the TH-U PolyTone and the Amplitube ‘67 Custom Shop (Fender) for classic Jazz tone. I have never (thankfully) collected Guitar Amps but I did buy a PolyTone and it’s a good keyboard amp too. I found I was always using the PolyTone with headphones for privacy and courtesy.

• @pbelgium said:
    Guitar improv of the jazz standard, 'The Nearness Of You', by Hoagy Carmichael, using the versatile Nembrini Overdrive Special - fast becoming my favourite amp simulation on my phone.

Lovely guitar playing!!!
    This is a superb recording, and I dig it a lot!!!
    Very nice runs, you rock!!!!
    Thank you pbelgium!!!
    Respectfully,
    Rene

• Thanks for listening @Lady_App_titude @espiegel123 @ReneAsologuitar @LinearLineman (Hadn't heard Baltimore Oriole before - nice!).

Glad you eventually got to hear this one @McD. The latest Nembrini amps (BG Extasy, Faceman & Dumble) are all very versatile and can get those sweet Fender-like sounds I like. What's your Polytone? Years ago I used to use a Polytone Mega Brute, which was stolen. At the time they were hard to get and expensive, imported only from the US, so I never replaced it. It was an amazing little box with that instant Joe Pass sound. Sadly missed.

• I love listening to solo jazz guitar improv. This is very well done. You make it sound so easy (I know it's not). Great playing!

• Thanks so much @Paulieworld - even after 45 years of playing it still doesn’t come easy. :/

• Back in the early 80s there was an airport hotel in LA that booked solo guitarists in the top floor bar. They’d get one guy to play every night for a week—and no cover charge! I heard Kenny Burrell, Tal Farlow, and Barney Kessel there among others. I’d go every night. I’d take a little notebook and write down licks I heard.

I remember the first time I heard this song, at Kenny’s solo gig. A girl (not a pro) had just sent over a drink to me. I thanked her, but I was more interested in listening to Kenny than chatting her up and getting laid. Priorities!

• Very cool @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr! I never got to see any of those guys live - I think you got your priorities right.

• Great playing. Thanks for posting👍

• As always, thanks for listening @GeoTony.