Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

More modular! - The Dreams In The Witch House

edited June 2022 in Creations

“ Even now he could detect a low, monstrous shaking whose tempo he suspected all too well. At Sabbat-time it always mounted and reached through to the worlds to summon the initiate to nameless rites.” - H.P. Lovecraft, The Dreams In The Witch House.

Don’t mind admitting I’m pleased with how this one turned out. It’s about 90% live modular ‘played’ (well, knob tweaked) direct into AUM via my Zoom interface, a sample in Radio Music and my Grone Drone mutant Clouds doing most of the heavy lifting there, then the resulting File Player recording augmented in, er, ‘post production’ with a Snakebud-driven Pippa and FRMS. Starting to get an idea of how a fairly spontaneous modular/iPad workflow can come together for me, I think.

And, um, going by this definition, at least, I guess it’s okay to call it, literally, Witch House:

“…. a dark, occult-themed electronic music microgenre and visual aesthetic that emerged in the late 2000s and early 2010s. The music… features use of synthesizers, drum machines, obscure samples, droning repetition and heavily altered, ethereal, indiscernible vocals.” - Wikipedia

Old H.P. At the forefront of the EDM avant garde. Who knew? ;)

Comments

• Excellent stuff. And a useful reminder about Pipa, which I bought on impulse but haven’t really explored in any depth so far.

• Wow, this is really dark and ethereal!
    I like your creation.
    Very interesting and exploring sounds.
    Thank you.
    Rene

• Lovecraft: “Pleasure to me is wonder - the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial immutability.”

This track has it all.

I just wish it were much longer.

Prodigious work, @Svetlovska!

• edited June 2022

@bygjohn : hi, thanks for the listen, and the comment :) Yep, Pipa is great, I think. I still like Sopranotron 2, and Jussi, but Pipa is my easy as AUV3 go to for spooky choral stuff. I think one of the things I was secretly pleased with is that, tone deaf non musician that I am, I actually managed to get the Pipa stuff to blend with the Radio Music sampled stuff by ear. That never happens to me, I usually have to resort to A2M to track the original sample and drive the synths. Didn’t this time though. Whether that was just a happy accident, I don’t know, but I’ll take it to the bank anyway. :)

@ReneAsologuitar : Hey, glad you liked it, and thanks for taking the time to comment! ‘Dark and ethereal’ - I can live with that as a pulled quote :) I’m actually starting to feel that I’m getting some creative payback from the modular gear, and fumbling my way toward making it integrate into my mainly iPad based process.

@rottencat : excellent, an apposite endorsement from the old man himself - and you liked it! (Rarely do I hear ‘mmm… ok, but mebbe should be longer’ about anything I make! :) ) And coming from someone whose own work I genuinely admire means it counts double with me. Thanks for putting a smile on my face this morning. (It’s the music that’s miserable, not me. Well, not that often… Regular little ray of sunshine here, actually ) :)