Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo for sampling and beat making

New Drambo user here. Been using it for the last couple of days and I think this is the best sampler groovebox on the iOS platform. In this jam, I utilized parameter locks, step component functions, and sampling directly into the flex sampler via Novation Audiohub 2x4. I am getting a feeling that this app will soon replace the MPC one and other equipment in my studio. I would love to see how others have setup Drambo with external gear for beat-making and whatnot.

My setup: iPad Pro 2018 - Novation audiohub 2x4 - LaunchControl XL

Comments

• That’s a nice track ! I’m so tempted by Drambo…

• Tasty! :+1:

• @CRAKROX said:
    That’s a nice track ! I’m so tempted by Drambo…

I think it’s worth it. I haven’t even used the modular side of it. What blew my mind is the step components feature where you can place random functions at specific location in a chain and only the events post the random function is randomised… I am just scratching the surface…

@rs2000 said:
    Tasty! :+1:

Thanks!!

• Nice vibe! It seems like Drambo pares nicely with LaunchControl XL...

• edited June 2022

@supadupa555 said:
    New Drambo user here. Been using it for the last couple of days and I think this is the best sampler groovebox on the iOS platform. In this jam, I utilized parameter locks, step component functions, and sampling directly into the flex sampler via Novation Audiohub 2x4. I am getting a feeling that this app will soon replace the MPC one and other equipment in my studio. I would love to see how others have setup Drambo with external gear for beat-making and whatnot.

Really nice track. Congrats on getting on with Drambo and realizing it’s potential and power.

I’m currently enjoying pairing Drambo with the Syntakt:

Drambo is simply the best sequencer for external kit and works great as a sampler for accompanying playback as well.

• @supadupa555 Man, that was soooo good. I am so jealous of anybody that can create this style of music with samples. Also, there is nothing funkier to me than the open high hat of a pitched down break like that. PSSSHHHHHT!

• Really nice track. Congrats on getting on with Drambo and realizing it’s potential and power.

Drambo is simply the best sequencer for external kit and works great as a sampler for accompanying playback as well.

Nice chill vibe. Do you use Drambo to sequence external gear only? The piano sounds wonderful? Is it an auv3 plug? I subscribed to your channel. Lots of stuff to go through :smile:

@drez said:
    @supadupa555 Man, that was soooo good. I am so jealous of anybody that can create this style of music with samples. Also, there is nothing funkier to me than the open high hat of a pitched down break like that. PSSSHHHHHT!

Thanks for Listening, drez! I pitch down anything by instinct :blush:

• @supadupa555 said:

Very cool!

• @supadupa555 said:

Nicely done sir, welcome to the gang 👍

• edited June 2022

@supadupa555 said:

Really nice track. Congrats on getting on with Drambo and realizing it’s potential and power.

Nice chill vibe. Do you use Drambo to sequence external gear only? The piano sounds wonderful? Is it an auv3 plug? I subscribed to your channel. Lots of stuff to go through :smile:

Thank you for the Sub 🙏🏼💕

For this particular track the piano is a sample i pulled from some PurePiano noodling. I tend to use Drambo as a sequencer, sampler, instrument and accent for supporting my musical creations. It’s so flexible and fits in nicely with however i work, and this is why i love it so much since it is so flexible and adaptive.

It’s one of the few apps i use which gets me into that flow state i seek when playing.

• @Agatha_aga said:
    Nice vibe! It seems like Drambo pares nicely with LaunchControl XL...

That it does.
    I'm going to get another LC XL.

@supadupa555

Well done and welcome. 🙏🏾

• edited June 2022

Great beat!

Most of the music I make is sample based hip hop and now it’s done exclusively in Drambo. Previously Nanostudio 2 hosting Egoist was my go to (ableton before I left PC).

I have a couple different workflows. Sometimes it’s all entered into the step sequencer and Flexi sample offset is p-locked, other times I host Koala, and I built a sample slicer that I really enjoy.

https://patchstorage.com/oneknob-sampler/

My launchpad plays really nice - love the pads.

• @bcrichards I always love when I see you drop something on your instagram. You are a wonder. ANOTHER JEALOUSY OF MINE!

What I find so crazy is that so many of you guys are hiphoppy types, and you are using a "modular" type system to write it with. That is truly the power of drambo. It is completely not an MPC :lol:

• @bcrichards I went through your walkthrough on Drambo 2.0 when I got the app. Nice beats and video. What are you using to make those videos? They are trippy. I’ll check out one knob sampler once I get free time. Thanks for that and the walkthrough videos!!!

• Nice! I too use Drambo solely as a sample or Auv3 synth groovebox. Haven’t touched the deep modular stuff save for adding fx, filters, and the usual to tracks. I doubt I will do much with that side of things. People need to know it can be as simple or as complicated as you want. You want it simple? Put a Flexi sampler on every track and just go to town with your samples, mix an Au synth in there. You don’t have to “build” anything if you don’t want to.

• @drez thanks man I always appreciate the support. @supadupa555 I use capcut now. it's free and actually pretty capable. I just screen record stuff off of Youtube or elsewhere and then 'chop them up' into little bits in the iOS photo app, then import. There's a feature called 'Match Cut' that lets you add snapping points while listening to an audio track in the project. then beat syncing video or images is super simple.