Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Music by AB Forum Members

Comments

• Anyone else in the number squad? B)

Seriously enjoying browsing through everyone's links, thanks @dakti for starting this wiki!

• I fixed mine...the link was broken...updated my soundcloud page url but forgot about this link

• @NeuM said:

@girlvsworld said:
    Just added! First under G!

Great stuff! Love the singing. I especially liked the sound you achieved on “Queens of the Future”. Very Metric. And loved the songs “Mr. Freeze” and especially “No Heart”.

Would you care to talk about your recording method or equipment/synths/guitars/mics?

Thanks so much for listening @NeuM! So, we’re a trio, guitar, bass and me on Audiobus > AUM > various iOS synths and drums using Patterning2. The album was recorded by myself using Auria and an Apogee One for vocals, Akai EIE & sm58 for guitar and bass lined straight in, and then we had some professionals mix and master it. Interestingly all done with first gen iPad Pro which I’m considering upgrading as it’s finally starting to get slogged down a bit (but feeling slightly guilty about it as it’s been a dedicated member of the band since the start 😂). I’m using a novation x station and a boss foot controller to run the drum machine (start stop and switch patterns). This forum has been SO valuable in terms of helping me getting this all to work so a HUGE thank you to everyone!

This might all be a bit of overkill as I’ve been readying a portable rig to play outside this summer and got it down to this - I can’t believe how much easier this all is to wrangle!

Incidentally if anyone is interested we’re on Instagram @spectator.6 and we like to follow other iOS creators!

• @girlvsworld said:

@NeuM said:

@girlvsworld said:
    Just added! First under G!

Great stuff! Love the singing. I especially liked the sound you achieved on “Queens of the Future”. Very Metric. And loved the songs “Mr. Freeze” and especially “No Heart”.

Would you care to talk about your recording method or equipment/synths/guitars/mics?

Thanks so much for listening @NeuM! So, we’re a trio, guitar, bass and me on Audiobus > AUM > various iOS synths and drums using Patterning2. The album was recorded by myself using Auria and an Apogee One for vocals, Akai EIE & sm58 for guitar and bass lined straight in, and then we had some professionals mix and master it. Interestingly all done with first gen iPad Pro which I’m considering upgrading as it’s finally starting to get slogged down a bit (but feeling slightly guilty about it as it’s been a dedicated member of the band since the start 😂). I’m using a novation x station and a boss foot controller to run the drum machine (start stop and switch patterns). This forum has been SO valuable in terms of helping me getting this all to work so a HUGE thank you to everyone!

This might all be a bit of overkill as I’ve been readying a portable rig to play outside this summer and got it down to this - I can’t believe how much easier this all is to wrangle!

Incidentally if anyone is interested we’re on Instagram @spectator.6 and we like to follow other iOS creators!

Very cool! Thanks for the response and looking forward to future tunes from your group.

• So, I’m going to change my “Artist name” to my birth name. I’ve used a few different nicknames throughout the years, usually ones that I’ve gotten from the automotive forums I used to frequent, but I’ve never really put too much thought into it for myself as a solo artist.

I’ve always worried about the “band name”, but now that I’m older, and don’t really have a “band” anymore, I decided I should focus on my own brand/identity and will be changing my name to “Edward Alexander” (my real first and middle name)

Thoughts?

• @Intrepolicious said:
    So, I’m going to change my “Artist name” to my birth name. I’ve used a few different nicknames throughout the years, usually ones that I’ve gotten from the automotive forums I used to frequent, but I’ve never really put too much thought into it for myself as a solo artist.

I’ve always worried about the “band name”, but now that I’m older, and don’t really have a “band” anymore, I decided I should focus on my own brand/identity and will be changing my name to “Edward Alexander” (my real first and middle name)

Thoughts?

“The Artist Formerly Known As...”? ;)

• edited April 2021

@NeuM said:

@Intrepolicious said:
    So, I’m going to change my “Artist name” to my birth name. I’ve used a few different nicknames throughout the years, usually ones that I’ve gotten from the automotive forums I used to frequent, but I’ve never really put too much thought into it for myself as a solo artist.

Thoughts?

“The Artist Formerly Known As...”? ;)

Yes, listed under “E”.

Now I think al I have to do is page @Michael for my official name change here.

• edited April 2021

@3sleeves said:
    Anyone else in the number squad? B)

Seriously enjoying browsing through everyone's links, thanks @dakti for starting this wiki!

@3sleeves I have to say I waited for the first person with a nickname that begins with a number or special character to appear in wiki list and voilà - you are in the first place :) I am really impressed by the huge amount of links to your music collection :)

I'm glad the thread has gained since April. I thought it was abandoned, but now I see more and more entries and there is a chance to build a bigger database :) [In the 1st month of the thread there was no information that I can do entries on behalf of members and I think editing the wiki might have discourage potential members to create own entries]

• @dakti There must be others on the forum, they may start showing up...in numbers😎 (I’ll see myself out).

Regarding the multiple links, thanks but it becomes less impressive when you see that there’s overlapping material😄. Knowing the age range on this forum I’m sure a lot of us here have been posting online for a while, since the days of MySpace, CollegeClub, and Geocities at least. Now with services like Distrokid, Landr, etc, being so abundant and economical it’s good to see independent musicians having their music available to broader audiences with less hassle and legwork than years prior.

Hopefully more folks share PatchStorage links or other utilities too, there are quite a few contributors who also post here.

Thanks again for the wiki!

• edited May 2021

I started one more wiki page with collection of links to interviews with Developers and Sound Engineers, thanks to whom we can create compositions on iOS :)

LINK: Interviews with iOS music app Developers

BIG APPLAUSE for our Journalist @analog_matt , @jakoB_haQ, @SynthTalk, Nu-Trix The Synth Guy and Others not mentioned yet :)

• I added my newly created SoundCloud to the list.

A Shade Darker

• edited November 2021

Mr. Dakti it has to be said. Your initiative has caused me many good reactions so thank you for your effort and great idea for this list. Keep up this good work. Thanks again, frenq.

• @Frenq said:
    Mr. Dakti it has to be said. Your initiative has caused me many good reactions so thank you for your effort and great idea for this list. Keep up this good work. Thanks again, frenq.

Hi @Frenq. I'm glad and thank you for kind words. I will try to look for some new interviews and update the list. All the best :)

• Hi everybody, just added my SoundCloud link to the list - thanks for listening!

• edited March 2022

@WJD said:

Hi everybody, just added my SoundCloud link to the list - thanks for listening!

Hi @WJD,
    These compositions are brilliant, perfectly suited to my musical taste (maybe except "Red"). Do you have another tracks in a similar mood and can you publish more? :) Would be great if you could write something more about your DAW, effects, instruments - if possible, and general approach to the compositions / inspiration. From another thread I know "Flirren" was realized on the desktop environment, what about another tracks? Are you planning to release an album on bandcamp?

"Flirren" - I found in other thread a list of instrument you used, but for me the entire track sounds as if it had been recorded live. "Tagtraum" - just beautiful. In "Vertigo" around 5:00 - 5:30 I hear instrument which sounds similar to synthetic guitar of Pat Metheny, which I like very much. "Ikonen" is my favorite at the moment.

A N N O U N C E M E N T
    WJD made the next letter (W) is not empty anymore. But there is still a few letters to fill. Nicknames beginning with the (H) , (I) , (N) , (Q) , (X) , (Y) and (Z) are asked to add themself to the list ;) In case of problem with wiki edit please send me private message and I can add an entry behalf on you. I also remind when the minimum 5 members are in some letter team, then the poster of the team will appear in the thread B)

EDIT: Thanks NXTRS (@Spyrogaia) for filled the (N) letter :)

• edited June 2022

Just added my Bandcamp link...Thought I'd better get myself out here a little. I've been in the iOS community for a while. While I make use of a MacBook Air (with Logic and Bitwig) for some things, I still find most of my composition and sound design is on the iPad.

https://mountainhamlet.bandcamp.com

..used to be known as arktek, but needed to move on...So this is a kind of rebirth as well.

• Hi!! here is my bandcamp link. Hope you like my music!

https://josuearias.bandcamp.com

• Done! Thanks for the wiki :)

• Hey @Mountain_Hamlet, @Synthi and @djpuzzle. It's great you joined :)
    Despite "D" and "S" Teams are the biggest, still growing in strength ;) "M" Team is in 3rd place, also great :)
    @Mountain_Hamlet: if you prefer you can add a second nickname in the brackets, eg. Mountain_Hamlet (arktek)
    @Synthi: I added your link to the WIKI LIST

• thanks @dakti, nice to know that little trick, but I changed from arktek for a reason. Nice to know our little collective is in 3rd place. mmmm Are Vimeo account links acceptable?

• Thanks! Posted up in there now! My goal is to listen to everyone! Although I will say soundcloudians the commercials are killing my buzz.

• edited June 2022

@Mountain_Hamlet: Sure, Vimeo and all other stuff on the Internet. Instruction is just for most pupular services, so please link whatever you want :)

@MrSmileZ: Nice! Have a nice listening :) Welcome in the "M" Team :) Thank to you Your team have 4 members already. When join minimum 5 members, then the poster will appear in the thread. Missing just one more person, you can do it B)

• @Synthi said:
    Hi!! here is my bandcamp link. Hope you like my music!

https://josuearias.bandcamp.com

I was checking out your LA​´​SPERA album. Great stuff!

• My New EDM music is out on YouTube , Listen and give me response

• @jamkee said:
    My New EDM music is out on YouTube , Listen and give me response

I would fee definitely enjoy this in a club. I like the energy and clarity of the mix, also not too fatiguing on the ears as far as EDM is concerned.

• @Blipsford_Baubie said:

@jamkee said:
    My New EDM music is out on YouTube , Listen and give me response

I would fee definitely enjoy this in a club. I like the energy and clarity of the mix, also not too fatiguing on the ears as far as EDM is concerned.

I’m glad you loved it and would love to see it playing in the club. I would love to see the video. Thanks and more great tracks are coming

• My First Remix for this year

• A selection of my musical output in 2023. Quite a busy year! Thank you for your support!
    You can check them out on Spotify or https://amultitudeonone.bandcamp.com

• Best Trance Mix part -2 is out on YouTube, Listen and give me feedback about it.