Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tardigrain - 28 free presets

Hi everyone,

28 free presets (with samples) for HumbleTUNE granular sampler Tardigrain. These presets feature sounds from various sample packs I released over the years. Note that the new V 1.1.1 features like the LFOs and note trigger sequencer/arpeggiator are not used in these presets as they were made before its release. The preset list with the source sample packs is included in the download.

To install: download on your iPad or iCloud drive and long press on the file to open iOS file context menu, use the share option to open it with Tardigrain. Presets and samples will be imported.

Visit my Free Sounds page to download it and other freebies!

Doug from The Sound Test Room made a video demoing the new update and a few of my presets (at 8:50).

Comments

• Thanks very much!
    I love tardigrain.... this update elevates it to another level...
    I will enjoy checking your presets out,
    😎

• Very generous of you @zvon.. You always come up with some fun sounds.. Thanks.. 👍

Tardigrain didn’t how up in my share sheet so I opened the standalone and then the Files app in slideover mode.. dragging the zip file onto the audio file section of tardigrain (middle of the screen) imported the presets easily..

• McDMcD
    edited June 2022

@royor said:
    Very generous of you @zvon.. You always come up with some fun sounds.. Thanks.. 👍

Tardigrain didn’t how up in my share sheet so I opened the standalone and then the Files app in slideover mode.. dragging the zip file onto the audio file section of tardigrain (middle of the screen) imported the presets easily..

I had problems getting the aiff formatted audio files to load. Did you get audio files? I dropped in the zip too and it displayed 56 files loaded but no preset sees it’s corresponding audio file. I’m going to clear everything out and try the zip import one more time.

UPDATE: I get 56 files loaded and 28 Presets are in my User directory but None have an associated audio file. I think wave files might be required for this “gift” to work as intended. Maybe there’s value in the Presets alone.

I spent a lot of time trying individual file imports but the *.aiff file just seem to be ignored. I looked for a way to convert to another format like *.wav but haven’t found a solution using that workaround. Any tips on a useful file converter? I have AudioShare, Neon and probably more but no luck yet.

• @McD Yes, each of zvon’s presets has an associated audio file on my end.. I change a preset + it changes to a different audio file.. not sure why they’re not working out for you..

Delete Tardigrain, reboot, reinstall? 🤷‍♂️

• edited June 2022

@royor and id_23
    You're welcome!

@McD Make sure you have Tardigrain 1.1.1 not just 1.1.0 that had the problem you describe, missing audio file.
    .aiff works as it's Tardigrain that converted the original wav files to aiff. Let me know if this helps!

• Thank you for letting me destroy your creations //

• Thanks Z !

• Sweet Thank you very much @zvon

• Thanks!!!

• @zvon said:
    @McD Make sure you have Tardigrain 1.1.1 not just 1.1.0 that had the problem you describe, missing audio file.
    .aiff works as it's Tardigrain that converted the original wav files to aiff. Let me know if this helps!

Yes! Looking at the App Store, Tardigrain shows "UPDATE"... I have updated now and imported your zip file gift and all is well for all 28 Presets.

• @iOSTRAKON said:

Thank you for letting me destroy your creations //

B)

@cuezaireekaa, Poppadocrock and Synthi,
    You are all welcome!

@McD Glad it works now!

Have fun with the sounds everyone!

• Crap I can’t find Tardigrain in my share sheet I might own too many apps that support zip import. Is there a way around this anyone?

• @god said:
    Crap I can’t find Tardigrain in my share sheet I might own too many apps that support zip import. Is there a way around this anyone?

royor had the same issue:

Drag and drop will work.

• @zvon said:

@god said:
    Crap I can’t find Tardigrain in my share sheet I might own too many apps that support zip import. Is there a way around this anyone?

Drag and drop will work.

Not on an iPhone 😭

thank you for your help anyway.

• @god sorry, but I have an idea, it might be a long shot but try shutting down your phone for a minute and restart it. This might reset the share list.

• Merci bien Monsieur Zvon!

• Thnx for ongoing gifts 🏵

• @zvon said:
    @god sorry, but I have an idea, it might be a long shot but try shutting down your phone for a minute and restart it. This might reset the share list.

Didn’t help. Probably have too many apps that accept zip import. I have a FAC drumkit preset zip that I also am not able to import due to same problem. This is just a lacking Apple implementation.. nothing really to do I guess

• @zvon said:

@god said:

Drag and drop will work.

Yeah, that worked for me on iPad. I had the same issue as god with share import. An idea @zvon can be to contact the dev, Eric in this case, and ask him if he would implement the presets with the next update as he did with mine and Virsyn (AddStation, Cube Synth Pro) has as well. They seem happy about the request. Okey you miss the link to your site but people might just find that anyway. Worth a thought :) Not forgetting, thank you!

• Hi Philandering_Bastard, Tamir_Raz_Mataz and Pxlhg,

You're welcome!

@Pxlhg Thanks for the suggestion!

• Is it right that Tardigrain has 14 presets by default?

• edited June 2022

@zvon said:*
    Drag and drop will work.

How do you do drag and drop? iPad 9 says split screen not supported by T-grain

.edit, Ok I see Sample Crate can sit over T-grain. But that is almost worse than share from Files because it doesn't automatically save the patch to the use library.

• Hello does anyone now how to make a initial empty preset to start working from i just can’t see it i’m probably just being a idiot, loving this app so easy to use yet so vast in sound design. cheers in advance if anyone has the answer.

• Tap the trash icon on left side

@jackhead said:
    Hello does anyone now how to make a initial empty preset to start working from i just can’t see it i’m probably just being a idiot, loving this app so easy to use yet so vast in sound design. cheers in advance if anyone has the answer.

• oh my god so simple thanks mate can’t believe i missed that.

• @Ailerom said:

How do you do drag and drop? iPad 9 says split screen not supported by T-grain

.edit, Ok I see Sample Crate can sit over T-grain. But that is almost worse than share from Files because it doesn't automatically save the patch to the use library.

Sorry for the late reply, I was asking myself the same question and found this answer from Apple support. I tried it and it works if I open the files app first.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/ipad/ipadfe7c65e9/ipados

Tardigrain has 15 presets by default.