Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MOOG Mavis!

edited June 2022 in Other

Not sure about the name !

$350

Comments

• "Mavis" doesn't bother me. After all, they have a synth they call the "Grandmother"...

• edited June 2022

Interesting that it has a wave folder. He's calling it "west coast" because of that.

Wonder if they put the patch points on the left side, so that you can park it next to 1-3 Moog Sound Studio series modules, which all have their patch points on the right side.

• I wish it were a bit less in price but it would be a fun addition to my euro setup

• Price is not bad for a Moog, this is more interesting than a Mother32, but those tiny knobs and assembly required doesn't really sell it enough for me. It would be fun with a 0coast tho.

• According to CDM, if you know how to use a screwdriver, you can put it together easily.

CDM's review also points out some useful utilities that are easy to overlook, like a couple of attenuators, a 1x2 mult, etc.

https://cdm.link/2022/06/review-moog-mavis-analog-moog-modular-essentials-synth/?fbclid=IwAR0ry7KVY0uaTSsTMh5eom-7cq53EmyY6XbhyoTmf6NbBo2HgWGkVgJAVOM

• Looks like an amazing partner for the OP-Z.

• @mistercharlie said:
    Looks like an amazing partner for the OP-Z.

Need the CV adapter, no midi on on board.

• It's nice but just more of the same.

Back when I had the Mother 32's and other small semi mod synths, I came to the conclusion that iOS equivalent synths sounded as good and did more interesting things.

• Will Behringer do this?

• Hmm I’d rather get a west pest if I had the choice

• edited June 2022

I’m way past the point of wanting something this simple, but might be a good entry point without breaking the bank. However, it’s only going to eventually lead you to wanting something more substantial. One of those “that’s how they getch ye” gateway toys. I’d tell an unsure newcomer to stick to iOS synths or skip this step.

• I really do fail to see the point of this Moog Mavis thing as you can't even modulate the fold amount...
    ...too limited. Sure some will love it and it's perfect way for Moog to promote the brand by sending bucket loads to 'Youtubers' for a 'review'(ie. paid advert). Hard pass on this one, sorry Moog...

• Am I missing an audio in on this? Using that filter to process other audio would be a big draw. I love using the Werkstatt for the filter cos it absolutely rips but this one integrates into eurorack much better

• edited June 2022

Ignoring midi and sequencing, this kinda looks like an improvement over Mother 32 to me. (Not just the wavefolder, but also the sample and hold and utilities.) Only bummer in my book is no full size knobs.

@Fingolfinzzz I think patching into the wavefolder is the way to get to the filter.

Cool demo, this will do chaotic analogue cross mod things:

• @ohwell said:
    Ignoring midi and sequencing, this kinda looks like an improvement over Mother 32 to me. (Not just the wavefolder, but also the sample and hold and utilities.) Only bummer in my book is no full size knobs.

@Fingolfinzzz I think patching into the wavefolder is the way to get to the filter.

Cool demo, this will do chaotic analogue cross mod things:

Oh yeah that would make sense, thank you!

• The mixer inputs and the mult input might also take in external audio

• Lol, I always see it labeled as audio input so much on my gear that my brain didn’t even register mults and I think I missed the mixer input

• edited June 2022

Moog. Mavis. What’s next? Evil Edna? 📺😁

• well...
    this is cheaper and much more interesting.
    cre8audio West Pest
    https://www.thomann.de/ro/cre8audio_west_pest.htm
    :)

• @waka_x said:
    well...
    this is cheaper and much more interesting.
    cre8audio West Pest
    https://www.thomann.de/ro/cre8audio_west_pest.htm
    :)

I prefer the one-knob-per-function of the Moog. That’s a big feature right there.

• West Pest should, in theory, get you closer to the classic Buchla sounds.

I wouldn't be surprised if some people got both that and a Mavis, as they're two different synths