Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Deadheads?

I’ve just spent the last few weeks remotely helping out on the Dead and Co summer tour that kicked off last night in the Dodgers stadium in LA. I was doing visuals for the screens, and I’ll post any clips I find, but if anyone comes across any media clips of the show let me know here if you can. I chase them up as much as possible, but we rarely get to see our work in situ unless we actually are needed on site, or happen to be nearby a show…

Comments

• Found one with some recognisable work I did on it 😁

• Wish I could have been there. An L.A. friend got me tickets for all three Hollywood Bowl shows last October. What a weekend!

• @Krupa check these out…

Scroll ahead to get to the band.

• edited June 2022

Yeah thank you @Schmotown - I think I’ll try and grab those in a few days once the video team has fully integrated what we handed over, our file wrangler told me that we’d sent over a hundred clips by the end of play 😅

• I found a nice clear clip of some of the stuff I did, nice to see it being used 😁

• edited June 2022

I might catch them here in St. Louis in a few days. I saw them here back in September and another time out in Indiana in 2016. Both shows were great but they belted it out last year cos they hadn’t been to stl for a while so they treated us well. I bet that’s a blast getting to work with them. I know the Reddit page has a lot of fan videos of stuff from shows you may be able to catch some of your work on there

• Ah that’s a good idea! Nice one, enjoy the show, I mainly covered the drums and space bit, but it looks like the onsite team are throwing stuff at whatever fits best on the night… it was a fairly relaxed process, not really much direct collaboration apart from them providing assets, textures and paintings etc, mostly from Mickey Hart I believe. I only had second hand interaction this time as we were remote by thousands of miles so it seemed simpler to have single communication channels rather than group chats… we just kept sending them stuff and got very positive feedback, maybe we’ll do a bit more down the line, but looking at how little they use so far I kinda think they’ve got more than enough to be going on with!

• @Krupa It’s so cool that you’re part of this.

• Very nice work!
    You are so good, to be in this team.
    Keep up the great work!!!
    Love this!
    Rene

• Thanks @ReneAsologuitar @Schmotown , there are many good enough, I’m very aware that I’ve been lucky to have been in the right place at the right time enough times to get these kind of jobs…

• edited June 2022

@Krupa said:
    Ah that’s a good idea! Nice one, enjoy the show, I mainly covered the drums and space bit, but it looks like the onsite team are throwing stuff at whatever fits best on the night… it was a fairly relaxed process, not really much direct collaboration apart from them providing assets, textures and paintings etc, mostly from Mickey Hart I believe. I only had second hand interaction this time as we were remote by thousands of miles so it seemed simpler to have single communication channels rather than group chats… we just kept sending them stuff and got very positive feedback, maybe we’ll do a bit more down the line, but looking at how little they use so far I kinda think they’ve got more than enough to be going on with!

That’s awesome! Mickey is an absolute trip. The drums and space stuff always makes me stop what I’m doing at the show and just trance out. The visuals for those have been incredible! Do you ever work with the liquid light stuff? I had a little setup a few years ago experimenting with it but haven’t gotten my projector out of storage since my last move and would need to reup on some equipment. I’ve been wanting to get back into it cos I work with a lot of digital stuff too and would like to fuse the two together

• @Fingolfinzz said:

@Krupa said:
    Ah that’s a good idea! Nice one, enjoy the show, I mainly covered the drums and space bit, but it looks like the onsite team are throwing stuff at whatever fits best on the night… it was a fairly relaxed process, not really much direct collaboration apart from them providing assets, textures and paintings etc, mostly from Mickey Hart I believe. I only had second hand interaction this time as we were remote by thousands of miles so it seemed simpler to have single communication channels rather than group chats… we just kept sending them stuff and got very positive feedback, maybe we’ll do a bit more down the line, but looking at how little they use so far I kinda think they’ve got more than enough to be going on with!

That’s awesome! Mickey is an absolute trip. The drums and space stuff always makes me stop what I’m doing at the show and just trance out. The visuals for those have been incredible! Do you ever work with the liquid light stuff? I had a little setup a few years ago experimenting with it but haven’t gotten my projector out of storage since my last move and would need to reup on some equipment. I’ve been wanting to get back into it cos I work with a lot of digital stuff too and would like to fuse the two together

Weirdly, as I got into the first part of making stuff for this show, I recalled the very first band I was in found an old liquid light projector in the storage room of the village hall we were playing our first gig at. We would use them whenever we found them, should have offered some cash to buy one maybe but we were skint teenagers…

on this project I recycled a technique in blender using noise textures in the nodes to mess with the mapping of photographic textures to produce similar effects. I hope they use some of them as it felt very full circle in terms of their own origins in the Acid Tests…