Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BopPad Midi Mash Makes StreamByter 12 Strike Smash

Sharing some idle work (heavy-lifting done by the marvelous nic at Audeonic Apps):

A StreamByter script here.

takes:

a BopPadEditor preset here.

Input of 4 notes and turns it into 12 output notes, dependent on cc strike position i.e. three radius note zones per quadrant of the bopPad.
The output notes are configured to a GM drum set and have been tested with DrumJam and SampleTank(live mode). Additional cc re-mapping code is included but switched off. (i.e. to remap pressure aftertouch)

original code thread here: http://audeonic.boards.net/thread/623/modify-cc-same-time-stamp

Comments

• Cool. Will try it. Did you see previous threads in which we worked with Nic on the same?

• edited April 2019

yes the https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/29598/boppad-streambyter-template-project/p2 post.

I like how that script deals with pressure and might just steal it. :-) This script is different in that it’s simpler, no array for 127 cc values, just three zones per quad. Also the input/outputs text bloc make more sense to me if creating multiple versions for different apps..

I might build a 8 zone version as well, as having cc variation driving a filter or fx, is something i really like. But 12 strikes leaves too little usable space for anything but pressure aftertouch.

I wish the bobEditor did all this. Running an extra app to remap the midi controller is soo extra.

• I mainly use my BopPad in a live environment, currently for just triggering samples. The inability to change its presets on the fly really limits its usefulness. All I want (in live use) is to simply switch what samples are being triggered.

So if I'm understanding Streambyter correctly, this problem would be solved?

Also, would the mfxConvert app (also by Audeonics) also achieve what I'm looking for?

• i don’t know the mfxConvert. Yes streambyter could change the notes on the boppad.. but it’s a of bit overkill and quite geeky to get to work..

The midiflow app is more immediate, but you won’t be able to do multiple zones per quadrant (unless they have added new features i’m not aware of)

• edited April 2021

@jollyDodger said:
    Sharing some idle work (heavy-lifting done by the marvelous nic at Audeonic Apps):

https://github.com/vfxwiki/midiMash/blob/master/BopPad/StreamByter/12_strikes">A StreamByter script here.

takes:

a BopPadEditor preset here.

Input of 4 notes and turns it into 12 output notes, dependent on cc strike position i.e. three radius note zones per quadrant of the bopPad.

The output notes are configured to a GM drum set and have been tested with DrumJam and SampleTank(live mode). Additional cc re-mapping code is included but switched off. (i.e. to remap pressure aftertouch)

original code thread here: http://audeonic.boards.net/thread/623/modify-cc-same-time-stamp

Big thanks to @lukesleepwalker for all his help in private messages.. @jollyDodger are you still on here? I've been at this for DAYS!!! kinda fun.. anyway here is where i am and could use some direction....

Got the Bop Pad, tried to set up 3 notes per quadrant (12 notes) with the Radius Velocity in the Bop Pad Editor (rim being 127 center being 1), going through the Audio Layer app, and it worked! but i am having some cross talk and i seen other things about mappings for DrumJam.. So i went down your rabbit hole.. I had to install Get hub, to get your mappings and might i say WOW thanks!!...

"Mr Fingers" Mapping to destination 1..

to the IPad.. AUM 3 slots =
    1 Streambyter (Bop pad as Midi connection)
    2 DrumJam (steambyter as midi),
    3 AudioLayer (streambyter as midi)

Streambyter is the thing i think i need the help with, I put the code you listed (thanks to Nic). i can't seem to get 12 "notes" or 3notes per quadrant.. I checked what Audiolayer says (with Streambyter Code) and it's all over the place with holds on pressure and hitting other notes (without code it seems to be normal hits with the occasional crosstalk, not like the radius thing i set up with velocity from rim to center)

In DrumJam i Noticed the "Delay" amount going up and down with pressure, also the "quantize HIT" value changing per quadrant (outer to middle)... I do know of the CC mapping from DrumJam as i have mapped an akai mini for pitchbends and delays and what have you.

Any advice on this? maybe i missed a new "Code" Thread for Streambyter into drumjam, or maybe i need to change the code? note sure what to do here.

I appreciate all of this work! Thank you so much! i know you all have spent many more hours/days then i have on this thing. i know i am close!

• upon further testing, I figured out why DrumJam was getting CC Messages for "delay" and "quantize Hit". which was had nothing to do with the Streambyter code. it was the "mapping" for Mr fingers in the bop pad editor. "mr Fingers" had CC values of 14-18, In the Drum jam mapping CC-18 is the Delay input.. So yeah i am still lost on this Streambyter code and how to work it.

Just putting this here so it's easy for me to go back to...

Drum Jam Mappings....

7 - Master Pad volume
    85 - Master Loop volume

17 - Pad filter toggle
    71 - Pad filter resonance
    74 - Pad filter cutoff

80 - Loops filter enabled
    81 - Loops filter resonance
    82 - Loops filter cutoff

91 - Pad Reverb send
    83 - Loops reverb level
    86 - Reverb Size
    87 - Delay time

1 - Auto-repeat rate
    2 - Auto-repeat velocity (optionally channel pressure also)
    This only affects the most recent actively held NoteOn for the channel.

11 - Touch Pad Velocity
    12 - Touch Pad X Position
    13 - Touch Pad Mode Enable

14 - Global Repeat type
    15 - Repeat 2x sensitivity
    16 - Drop %
    18 - Delay input level
    19 - Delay feedback
    20 - Crush
    21 - LoFi

22 - Bedlam master %
    23 - Bedlam pitch chance %
    24 - Bedlam pitch depth
    25 - Bedlam pan chance %
    26 - Bedlam pan width
    27 - Bedlam rev Chance %
    28 - Bedlam Buzz Chance %
    29 - Bedlam Buzz Duration
    30 - Bedlam Buzz Slice

69 - Randomize Loop Instruments (with value 127)
    70 - Randomize Loop Variations (with value 127)
    115 - Stop with hit (with value 127)
    117 - Stop
    118 - Play Toggle (or Clock Start/Stop)
    119 - Record Toggle (or MMC Rec)
    78 - Record On/Off
    79 - Fade In/Out

102 - Undo
    103 - Redo
    104 - Tap Tempo

110 - Repeat Swing % (0=50% 127=60%)
    111 - Pad Pitch (64 = no bend)
    112 - Loop Pitch (64 = no bend)
    113 - Meter Beats

• @BongoJak said:
    upon further testing, I figured out why DrumJam was getting CC Messages for "delay" and "quantize Hit". which was had nothing to do with the Streambyter code. it was the "mapping" for Mr fingers in the bop pad editor. "mr Fingers" had CC values of 14-18, In the Drum jam mapping CC-18 is the Delay input.. So yeah i am still lost on this Streambyter code and how to work it.

Just putting this here so it's easy for me to go back to...

Drum Jam Mappings....

7 - Master Pad volume
    85 - Master Loop volume

17 - Pad filter toggle
    71 - Pad filter resonance
    74 - Pad filter cutoff

80 - Loops filter enabled
    81 - Loops filter resonance
    82 - Loops filter cutoff

91 - Pad Reverb send
    83 - Loops reverb level
    86 - Reverb Size
    87 - Delay time

1 - Auto-repeat rate
    2 - Auto-repeat velocity (optionally channel pressure also)
    This only affects the most recent actively held NoteOn for the channel.

11 - Touch Pad Velocity
    12 - Touch Pad X Position
    13 - Touch Pad Mode Enable

14 - Global Repeat type
    15 - Repeat 2x sensitivity
    16 - Drop %
    18 - Delay input level
    19 - Delay feedback
    20 - Crush
    21 - LoFi

22 - Bedlam master %
    23 - Bedlam pitch chance %
    24 - Bedlam pitch depth
    25 - Bedlam pan chance %
    26 - Bedlam pan width
    27 - Bedlam rev Chance %
    28 - Bedlam Buzz Chance %
    29 - Bedlam Buzz Duration
    30 - Bedlam Buzz Slice

69 - Randomize Loop Instruments (with value 127)
    70 - Randomize Loop Variations (with value 127)
    115 - Stop with hit (with value 127)
    117 - Stop
    118 - Play Toggle (or Clock Start/Stop)
    119 - Record Toggle (or MMC Rec)
    78 - Record On/Off
    79 - Fade In/Out

102 - Undo
    103 - Redo
    104 - Tap Tempo

110 - Repeat Swing % (0=50% 127=60%)
    111 - Pad Pitch (64 = no bend)
    112 - Loop Pitch (64 = no bend)
    113 - Meter Beats

Oooh. Any tips for Boppad preset for DrumJam?

• @MarkR said:
    I mainly use my BopPad in a live environment, currently for just triggering samples. The inability to change its presets on the fly really limits its usefulness. All I want (in live use) is to simply switch what samples are being triggered.

Also, would the mfxConvert app (also by Audeonics) also achieve what I'm looking for?

Bop Pad has four presets that can be changed on the fly using program change messages 1-4. Drambo is a perfect travel companion to Bop and it can send PM messages round robin style so you can just map a single button to do it.

• @supadom said:

@MarkR said:
    I mainly use my BopPad in a live environment, currently for just triggering samples. The inability to change its presets on the fly really limits its usefulness. All I want (in live use) is to simply switch what samples are being triggered.

Bop Pad has four presets that can be changed on the fly using program change messages 1-4. Drambo is a perfect travel companion to Bop and it can send PM messages round robin style so you can just map a single button to do it.

How do you send PC messages round Robin from drambo?

• edited June 2022

@lukesleepwalker said:

@supadom said:

@MarkR said:

I think it is now one of the midi rack factory presets but in case it is not…

Just map the switch button to a cc or note message on your controller

• @supadom said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@supadom said:

@MarkR said:

I think it is now one of the midi rack factory presets but in case it is not…

Just map the switch button to a cc or note message on your controller

Works great, thanks!

• Just seen this.. sorry. Vork has been to the bone.. numb, so little time for musement. You got this working now @BongoJak ? Having this for audiolayer sounds fun! I’ve always wanted to try and set it up with some percussion with velocity and r-robins, but not found the samples/time.

• Any easy solution to make boppad work with ios ?

I quickly read through some of the posts and saw some ideas like
    1. using streambyter
    2. using drambo

But both looked complex to setup without a step by step tutorial

@supadom @shuky_phuky - Could you please share your solutions?

Appreciate any help. Thanks

• Any drum app with midi-learn should be fairly plug and play if you are looking for x4 pads. If you want more than that probably the next easiest thing is going to be assigning midi cc via AUM. If you want to have x8 pads then I would suggest Mozaic and https://patchstorage.com/alexs-8-note-boppad/